News New Jumpers for 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how there are no active mods on here so the bitching just goes on forever. Take it somewhere else please :thumbsu:

Then let the thread sit.

But there can be speculation, general discussion about the jumpers and the announcements (you never really know when they'll be released, do you?)

People the bulldogs hav there 2010 jumpers on sale for 75 bucks, does this mean we may hav different ones for next year and thats why there on sale?
Whilst on the topic of Bulldogs jumpers, I got an email from the Western Bulldogs about "Brad Johnson Retirement Memorabilia", and there was a picture of the $1,495 "Retirement guernsey", however you can instantly see the guernsey is a framed Diadora guernsey photoshopped with Kooga at the neck... Do the Bulldogs take the fans for fools or do they just not have an image of the actual product yet?

Brad%20Johnson%20Testimonal%20Jumper1.jpg

Is it signed? Otherwise it's just a 110 dollar guernsey framed with a few photos on the bottom? What a joke.

I think that would just be a mockup for advertising purposes, not the actual product.

I thought the same thing when I saw a similar product for Warren Tredrea on the Port website, which had our new guernsey with Vodafone as the back sponsor. The only time this jumper would've existed was in 2009 when the "Back in Black" jumper was first worn as the Planet Teal competition winner, but it would be strange to use a jumper that Tredders would've only worn twice in a piece of memorabilia commemorating his entire career.

The explanation I got from other Port posters was that the picture on the website was only an artist's impression (for advertising purposes) and not the real thing, so its probably the same deal with the Brad Johnson one. It makes sense to me that they would just use a replica of the last jumper he played in for the actual product.

Is it signed? Otherwise it's just a 110 dollar guernsey framed with a few photos on the bottom? What a joke.

If it's anything like the Tredrea one up for sale at the moment (which is similar coin) it will be signed with a certificate of authenticity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just read on the Adelaide forum that there is Kooga advertising boards going up at AAMI stadium. Looks like they picked up another club... or two ;)

If it's anything like the Tredrea one up for sale at the moment (which is similar coin) it will be signed with a certificate of authenticity.

And then of course it depends what is being declared as authentic...the fact that this was sold by the club? the fact that the jumper is game-worn? the fact that clubs like producing overpriced crap that appeals to cashed up bogans?

So many possibilities :D

Also, not footy but still related to apparel sponsors although the Tassie Tigers' match day gear is still made by Cooper Sports, all their training gear seems to be made by KooGa, a it odd to me....

While were on apparel sponsors. Why is it that Canterbury have never made the venture into the AFL?? They sponsor at least a couple of SANFL teams, I think that is pretty recent though. Maybe theyre taking small steps and they will eventually make to the AFL.

Didn't canterberry have Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs in the mid to late 90's?

While were on apparel sponsors. Why is it that Canterbury have never made the venture into the AFL?? They sponsor at least a couple of SANFL teams, I think that is pretty recent though. Maybe theyre taking small steps and they will eventually make to the AFL.

I'm working on it ;).

They made jumpers for Melbourne and another club in the late 1990's. Dad'll know.

EDIT: Ah, cheers lionbear.

Also, not footy but still related to apparel sponsors although the Tassie Tigers' match day gear is still made by Cooper Sports, all their training gear seems to be made by KooGa, a it odd to me....

Match Apparel for the Domestic competition's is a Cricket Australia contract with Cooper Sport's but the training gear each state source's it's own from their own apparel partner.

Didn't canterberry have Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs in the mid to late 90's?
Ahhk I didnt know that.
I'm working on it ;).

They made jumpers for Melbourne and another club in the late 1990's. Dad'll know.

EDIT: Ah, cheers lionbear.
Do you know why they chose to opt out?? There would be huge money in apparel sponsorship and I wouldve thought Canterbury would have enough resources and money to get back into the AFL.

Do you know why they chose to opt out?? There would be huge money in apparel sponsorship and I wouldve thought Canterbury would have enough resources and money to get back into the AFL.

No idea. They definitely secured more top-level Rugby clubs in the 2000s than before though, maybe that is why.

KooGa will go **** up in the near future, you watch. Their deal with the Wallabies is ridiculous. They offered the ARU a ridiculous amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back