News New jumpers for 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigFooty or Train Spotting?

If you mean BigFoooty I was thinking today I spend a little too much time here....

Both! If I ever just randomly disappear, you all know why. It's because I have decided to get my life back :p

Let's be honest. We all need to get a life! I really wish I never got into this shit, it's such a distraction and wastes so much of my time :(
I think you're meant to be on an internet dating website.

This is BigFooty.

Benny, trainspotters are people who look for tiny differences between different types of trains, and try to identify as many types as possible. Sort of like how we pick out differences between the same design on different templates and so on.
thank you haha :thumbsu:

I think you're meant to be on an internet dating website.

This is BigFooty.

Haha ;) It just makes me lazy, thats all :eek: Like today it was perfect weather and I didn't leave the house once cause I went to spend '10 minutes' on this and do a little bit of homework

Gee, I wasn't inside yesterday.

Anyway, we need to get back on topic.

I'd like to suggest a few things.

I couldn't find the right thread for this, but I think this comes close.

Jumpers in the AFL are way behind compared to NRL and the ability to make some great and wacky designs.
But let's be serious for a while, the clubs and AFL, should step up a gear.

The are/should be/is generally three to four theme rounds a year.
Theme rounds or tribute rounds should be as follows;

ANZAC round
Indigenous Round.*
Cancer awareness round
And possibly heritage round.*

This is what the case should be.*

There could be more rounds but we don't want to much of an influx. IE: multicultural round. That one for example could be mixed in with Indigenous round.

ANZAC round: at a bare minimum, all clubs should have the ANZAC logo Sublimated into the jumper. Prestigious and sacred round in the realm of Australia. Clubs should go to effort to support what previous generations have fought for.*
Taking it a step further, and let me just state I have seen these in designing jumpers threads etc, but by no means am I stealing ideas, I'm just stating what should be.*
The step further would be having an original one off jumper.*
Camouflage jumpers, or a jumper with the rising sun on the back below sponsors jumper. Or a jumper with something watermarked through it like war artillery or soldiers posing or some significant poems or letters or verses from the time. I'm having trouble with some of the wording of this but I hope you get what im getting at.*

b28531b2.jpg

bdd9ebc0.jpg

Simple, and keeps the original jumper so you clearly know who the team is. Can you imagine a hawks jumper for example that keeps the brown and gold stripes, but with camo design in it.*
Youd still know its the hawks, but with the subtle tributes.

Indigenous round.: similar to the ANZAC round, the minimum should be an indigenous round logo.*
Taking it a step further. Would love to see teams, only a little similar to the tigers of 2011 jumper from the round and dot indigenous artwork for the jumper. Dots and swirls. I also know that isn't the right terminology but again, I'm sure you know what I mean. Below is an example of again, an NRL jersey from indigenous round in the NRL.

e8020ad7.jpg

3b29c08f.jpg

529254e9.jpg

eb56e112.jpg

Breaking it up from big writing. Heritage round is heritage. Simple. Pick something symbolic to the club and go for it. This includes port Adelaide prison bars. Obviously they'd have to congregate before hand as you don't want freo and Sydney playing each other wearing south Melbourne and south freo jumpers.*

Cancer awareness/charity round. Coincides with mothers day weekend.*
18 teams. Three charities.*
BCNA: 6 clubs represent it.
Prostate Cancer: 6 clubs represent it.
Call to arms: 6 teams represent it.

That way, 3 charities, same amount of teams promote it.**

** already a flaw, but say the eagles promote the anti cancer council, maybe they can support that like we do one round each year, and that is our (WCE) effort to this round, but also help with BCNA for example.

Quiet simple really. But the AFL has to make it hard

:thumbsu: Only problem is that there's only so much you can do. Every team would pretty much do the same thing which wouldn't look the greatest imo. Port wouldn't be able to do much either, the camo pattern just doesn't really shpw up on black

I'm not so sure about putting army patterns in jumpers.

I mean it's nice, don't get me wrong but after 2 years it'll become very tacky and loose it's meaning.

Just the logo is clean, simple and shows a strong message.

I agree it should be on alll the jumpers, or at least like the Grand-Final, with team logos, put the ANZAC logo on the 50 arc for the other games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was the white one?

Well it looks like the Dogs will be having a home, away and clash jumper, which is a first. It's really only North and Brisbane that do that as well, yet their selections of when to wear their away jumpers are rather sporadic.

And I'm not too sure why people are complaining either, when the exact same thing has been proposed multiple times on suggestion threads. I like it.

Well it looks like the Dogs will be having a home, away and clash jumper, which is a first. It's really only North and Brisbane that do that as well

Also West Coast and Gold coast, unless your talking about a home, away and clash with the same design.;)

I like it :thumbsu:

Good on the bulldogs for experimenting with different predominant colours.

If the Dogs want a red away:
dogsnologoclash.png

White shorts sets it off nicely I think.

Western Bulldogs Away Jumper according to the KooGa Catalogue
sss.png

Looks good but I don't understand why we need it. I personally don't understand why teams need away jumpers anyway, let alone something that's so different in colour to the home strip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back