News New jumpers for 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Blades just confirmed their standing as the worst manufacturer in the league. Crappy material and an interfering template.

90yuls.png

If it weren't for the Mazda and Blades logo the training singlet and top would look exactly like supporters gear

No way!

NIKE>ISC>Adidas>Kooga>New Balance>Reebok>XBlades ;)
Nike - Carlton - biased ;)

My only problem with Nike, is they sow so many sections of the jumper together, on any other club it'd look shit.
It looks a bit sily on Carlton.

Simplify it Nike!

I figure you probably just forgot Puma, Andnois, but that's a good thing. They are the best manufacturer in the comp - no bastardised templates. :thumbsu:

I personally actually don't mind reebok too much. Their template is still pretty clean and simple, what everyone has to remember is it's the clubs who decide on designs as much as the manufacturers. Reebok for example have two templates; one with and one without side panels. In no way is it reebok's fault that Adelaide's hoops are ****ed over by the side panels, its Adelaide's. They could just as easy have gone down the same path as GC for their wave and chosen the simple template. Clubs like to tweak their designs and templates as much as the manufacturers, as many fans will then go ahead and buy new merchandise. Its the same with clash guernseys. A white swirly crow head design is more likely to sell well than a yellow inverse. Collingwood and Essendon on the other hand wouldn't be seen in anything like this, preferring to keep a cleaner and simpler image, and encourage their manufacturers to keep things as simple as possible (for Adidas anyway :p)
Speaking of x-blades though, apart from their toilet paper material, I've never had a problem with them. They've made a bit of a mess of the 2012 design with that logo but apart from that their templates have never ****ed with their design. Nothing beats a clean, simple v-neck and on most designs side panels don't go astray either. I think many of you are getting sucked into the 'fancy new age templates' and 'Adidas is obviously better than blades because they're a massive worldwide company' trick ;)

Only GWS at the moment
Yeah. Geelong twitter account (obviously not an expert in the field) reckons the Geelong guernsey won't change bar the gold logo. But since the template is two years old I wouldn't be surprised to see some slight changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dammit! Yeah, guys, just go on the merchandise store on the internet.

What I like about these is that the clubs who don't have shield logos, are embracing what the AFL started from. They look so cool. We've all seen Adelaide, Fitzroy, West Coast and Sydney, but Port and Freo have made their own to follow in the other clubs footsteps in terms of Merchandise. I wish my pics would work...

That's where I saw the Port shield from! My Godfather has one. It had the hand, with the sides the same as Collingwood. Hope that gives you a good enough picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back