News New jumpers for 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
or Collingwood can wear their white traditional guernsey with black shorts for home and Carlton white shorts.
Or C'wood wear their traditional white jumper, white shorts, while Carlton wear their traditional jumper with navy blue shorts.

or Collingwood can wear their white traditional guernsey with black shorts for home and Carlton white shorts.

Or C'wood wear their traditional white jumper, white shorts, while Carlton wear their traditional jumper with navy blue shorts.

Or Carlton can just wear the jumper that was created for situations like this...

Now, I'm not a fan of the way the AFL goes about clash jumpers.

But, dark v dark??

**** me AFL, I know, I know, it's tradition and historic, but if your going to have a ****ing rule, ****ing enforce it for every ****ing instance.
The light blue jumper would have been fine tonight!

Don't have one set of rules, but exeptions because you have no balls.

Collingwood vs. Carlton is seen as a traditional match, and I don't think Carlton want to wear their clash against us. Black and white stripes against the navy blues, should stay like that.

Collingwood vs. Carlton is seen as a traditional match, and I don't think Carlton want to wear their clash against us. Black and white stripes against the navy blues, should stay like that.
Then why don't C'wood wear white with black stripes? You know, their traditional jumper!

It may be traditional, but isn't Richmond v Essendon then?

I agree, I don't want clash jumpers, but if they are going to have then, you have to enforce it in every instance.
Tonight was one of them.

I was referring to the change of black on white to white in black and the people who think the Pies should wear their clash at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't, but either way the suggestion that Collingwood should wear their clash at home is ridiculous.

Here's a tip: don't decide on a ridiculously awful design that you're too ashamed to wear (re: The Blues' baby blues).

Is it "tradition" that's stopping Carlton, or their admittance that their clash "kit" is disgusting and ugly?

Collingwood should go back to their original white with black stripes jumpers..

There won't be clashes with anyone that way. North can wear their inverted jumpers when they play away to the pies and the pies will wear their black guernsey when north is the home team.

The current Collingwood home jumper is shocking. Fat stripes and a v neck.. hate it. The clash has a v neck but the stripes are much thinner.

I'm just gonna come out and say it, Victorian clubs are much too cocky, you should live ander the same rules as us.

I think we do it just fine. We wear our clash strip when there isn't even a clash in a Friday night game at the 'G.

FTR mate, Essendon, Carlton and to a smaller extent Collingwood and Richmond don't make up all the Victorian teams. There are 6 others who deal with clashes perfectly.

The one flaw I just found in the light v dark rule is, Richmond v Collingwood is both dark, but when one wears white shorts with the home jumper there is enough of a difference for it not to be an issue.

So, why apply the rule, but why have the rule of you don't apply it.

We could always say, home team wears home kit, away team wears a plain white jumper withblack numbers and the club logo in the middle...

I sat on the top level of the G tonight and it wasn't easy initially, although I learnt to just look for the shorts colours. Hate how there are double standards though - if Carlton were playing Port away, I'm almost certain they'd have worn their baby blue. Does anyone think it has any relation to Sticks coming out mid-week and saying he hates the baby blue?

I'm short sighted, and I was 5 metres away from the TV, and I stuggled a lot to distiguish who's who. Though my glasses fixed that up :)
I can unserstand why Carlton wore their home, but with coloura that are so close to eachother, they have tk make sure that they don't clash in anyway.
Seeing as I'm an ideas man, why not alternate socks aswell? Black guernsey, shorts and socks V Blue guernsey white shorts and socks. Would've been fine?
And if that doesn't work, just get those hats the Tigers used to wear before the VFL. The ones with the tassle :p

I sat on the top level of the G tonight and it wasn't easy initially, although I learnt to just look for the shorts colours. Hate how there are double standards though - if Carlton were playing Port away, I'm almost certain they'd have worn their baby blue. Does anyone think it has any relation to Sticks coming out mid-week and saying he hates the baby blue?

I was under the impression that was a quote taken from a while back.

The real double standard here is the shorts and socks ruling. I still don't entirely agree with the essence of the 2012 'policy' (now a farce) - white away shorts was a unique part of our game - but for heavens sake, if you're going to make it a blanket rule to minimise the use of these precious Victorians' clash jumpers, use it in your own backyard.

Under the new Victorian-centric laws, Collingwood wear the white shorts and (single) hooped socks. As they should do most weeks against 'dark' opposition, because the preferred jumper is so sacrosanct - this includes West Coast round 13, doesn't it Carlton and Essendon?
Under the laws of common worldwide sporting sense, Carlton swallows their pride and dons the baby blue, no matter the rivalry or occasion.

Of course, this is the AFL, in which I have now lost all faith in managing such an issue; and we get this. Bearable, watchable, but utterly nonsensical given the context and what has preluded it this season.

It's the tipping point for me of a shambolic year of uniform policy. The lack of common sense, the double standards, the egocentricity is downright embarrassing. People with not a care in the world for design or tradition weigh in on the arguments, and the case for clashes been treated sensibly in our code worsens. Somehow, uniform clashes - finally fully and rightly recognised in the modern age of our sport about 5 years ago - is still the shame of the league. The snowball of farcical policy, bad design, woeful journalism, narrow-minded opinion and the 'business' of a clash jumper is bigger than ever.

And Essendon haven't worn the Grey yet. Brace yourselves.

Why are people saying Collingwood should revert to white kit to remove clashes. They can wear whatever the hell guernsey they like at home; it's their home game. They could host GWS in a "harmony day" guernsey of mainly orange and the Giants have to change. Or whatever. Game should have been Collingwood (dark team) in home top with black shorts and socks vs Carlton (another dark team) in clash - baby blue, white, pink or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back