News New Jumpers for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CareerOneNov11Article_620X370.jpg

"The CareerOne logo will now appear on all official Blues apparel including the front of the Carlton away guernsey and the back of the home guernsey.

Acquire Learning’s brand will continue to adorn the Blues’ match-day and training shorts, with both brands to be featured on the Carlton media backdrop."

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2015-11-11/carlton-and-careerone-boundbyblue

So it's a two-year deal. Not that much really in today's age, when most sponsorship contracts are at least three or four. I'll update my sponsor contract status thread soon.

People will have plenty of different opinions on these – lame, strange, cool, cringeworthy – I lean towards the latter but that doesn't mean I can't post them (I actually saw them on gasp! r/AFL)

Aussie rockers AC/DC have released a number of footy jumpers that take directly from AFL guernseys (including sponsors) but instead replace design elements with their iconic thunderbolt. For whatever reason there are only four teams; Collingwood, Freo, Port Adelaide and Richmond. I don't really care enough to research whether these are the teams the band members go for.

All are $99.95.

Collingwood – "High Voltage" (don't they know that CGU is green now!)
High_Voltage_Front__18611.1444277265.1280.1280.jpg

High_Voltage_Back__12120.1444277263.1280.1280.jpg

Fremantle – "Play Ball" (looks extremely bare on the left, not sure why there's another logo below the collar logo)

Play_Ball_Front__21899.1444277406.1280.1280.jpg

Play_Ball_Back__12773.1444277406.1280.1280.jpg

Port Adelaide – "Thunderstruck" (see Freo)

Thunderstruck_Front__83315.1444276381.1280.1280.jpg

Thunderstruck_Back__40922.1444276384.1280.1280.jpg

Richmond – TNT (a faithful recreation and pretty accurate)

TNT_Front__68179.1444276286.1280.1280.jpg

TNT_Back__87320.1444276283.1280.1280.jpg

Catering to all bogans there are also Maroons and Blues jerseys, as well as an Australian jersey and an All Blacks jersey.

Yes and Rebecca Black was a great content creator with her bajizillion views.
Head along to Etihad next month and you will see what I mean

I know when KISS performed at the Clipsal 500 a couple of years ago they had a couple of "AFL" jumpers, can't remember them all but I reckon there was a Port one an there was definitely a WCE Tri-Panel* one as well.

*I know, we must never speak of that atrocity ever again.

Gotta love some cultural cringe from kids who think Tame Impala are cool...

Not the greatest band in the world but at least they were relatively original and actually lived a hedonistic lifestyle. Don't dig their music but jesus, bit rich.

Gotta love some cultural cringe from kids who think Tame Impala are cool...

Not the greatest band in the world but at least they were relatively original and actually lived a hedonistic lifestyle. Don't dig their music but jesus, bit rich.

Yeah I feel pretty much the same. They aren't really what i'm into but they are a pretty legendary rock band who proved once and for all that music doesn't have to be complex to be entertaining.

These jumpers are obviously a bit cringeworthy but there will be a market for them. I went to the shops today as a 29 year old man wearing a Michael Jordan basketball jersey, so who am I to have a crack at what anyone else chooses to wear.

New training jumper/collar for adidas? I'm pretty sure we wore two tone maroon and yellow training jumpers last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New training jumper/collar for adidas? I'm pretty sure we wore two tone maroon and yellow training jumpers last season.

Collar is the same. I'm not sure why Essendon didn't adopt the same template as Hawthorn in 2015, probably because it would have cut off the sash or something weird like that

The 2013/14 Adidas collar is just perfect. Any improvement to it wouldn't be possible.

Collar is the same. I'm not sure why Essendon didn't adopt the same template as Hawthorn in 2015, probably because it would have cut off the sash or something weird like that

In 2011/12 they wore a collar similar to Hawthorn's of 2015-16. Maybe they just opted to stay with the 13-14 version last offseason given the guernsey changed in 2014; TVS downgraded to naming rights partners, whilst Fujitsu were named as the club's new major partner alongside Kia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back