News New Jumpers For 2018 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Collingwood make the change as expected, will they be happy to wear white shorts a lot more?

Geelong played 25 games and used white shorts in 22 of those games.
We all know the answer to that one. Eddie will flip his lid.

We all know the answer to that one. Eddie will flip his lid.

Which begs the question:

Will Geelong wear Navy shorts more in 2018, or will Collingwood wear black shirts less?

You can't allow Collingwood to wear black shorts and not Geelong Navy, especially when the argument by Eddie that Collingwoods jumper is more traditional than everyone elses gets thrown out the window with the cats.

Which begs the question:

Will Geelong wear Navy shorts more in 2018, or will Collingwood wear black shirts less?

You can't allow Collingwood to wear black shorts and not Geelong Navy, especially when the argument by Eddie that Collingwoods jumper is more traditional than everyone elses gets thrown out the window with the cats.
This is where Eddie is a flying hypocrite and it will be shown next season IF (not confirmed yet obviously) the jumper we've seen will be worn.

Am I the only one who thinks that jumper looks really cheap?

Not sure if it's the passé collar or what but it just seems below average despite the good design.

The collar looks ok to me but I think it's the new XB logo and the strange lightness of the AFL logo that is detracting.

Otherwise it's a nice jumper, one I would buy if it didn't have those names all over it. For me still a poor choice by the club, however, as it has nothing to do with Moorabbin! The design far predates the Moorabbin era. Would have been far better going with a Sekem throwback.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda is wearing this in our first home game - members got mailed out details with a small graphic during the year but this is the first actual shot of it.

View attachment 428035
Wouldn't it be better if the jumper design had something to do with Moorabbin. The design chosen was worn in 1897 to 1914. The Saints never moved to Moorabbin until 1965. The correct jumper should be the 1965 version of the St.Kilda jumper. Probably it wasn't chosen because it is to similar to the current St.Kilda home jumper.

However, there will be people at the match that will remember when the Saints started at Moorabbin so they should use the jumper from that period of time. Using the exact jumper design they could create a jumper which says Moorabbin because it was the jumper worn by the Saints in their first home game at Moorabbin. The differences between the current home jumper and the 1965 jumper are; black cuffs on the arm holes, white collar around the neck, black square around the St.Kilda logo on the jumper. The jumper design could be used again as it was the design worn in the 1966 Grand Final by the Saints.

eS5Xbf6.jpg

Wouldn't it be better if the jumper design had something to do with Moorabbin. The design chosen was worn in 1897 to 1914. The Saints never moved to Moorabbin until 1965.

Exactly...

...but unfortunately the people in charge of these decisions continuously prove themselves to have far less sense than we do.

Your jumper is similar to the current home but the bigger patch logo would be enough to generate huge interest. Similar heritage jumper worn early 2000s is now a whale for many.

Yet another opportunity missed by the morons.

Also a wider centre white panel. They used a very similar design one Heritage Round. Did the original Moorabbin jumper have a fold-down collar as well?

Yes, collar reminds me of BLK...
It's a poorly executed BLK collar.

It really doesn't know if it's BLK or 2XU...
Far too wide and flat, I just don't see it sitting on the designs very well.

For example, it looks too wide to sit in the St Kilda middle stripe

Our replicas had a similar collar this year. I'm hoping that's just a quickly sewn together prototype, its not like any of the names would be confirmed yet if they're still trying to get people to cough up for it.

When XBlades first came to the rescue there were quotes that our 2018 range would be very different to 2017 due to time constraints. I really hope that doesn't mean that they were going for the wide arse collar all along.

This is Australia's new World Cup jersey.

Hope this collar won't be featuring on North jumpers next year.

View attachment 428564
I still think this will be the template for next year. Unless it was just used to show the designs.
415807_360bd80930d1e2ec781fc8f3a2b9580d.png

This is Australia's new World Cup jersey.

Hope this collar won't be featuring on North jumpers next year.

View attachment 428564
I like that for a rugby shirt, but a footy jumper would look funny with such a tight collar. NZ cricket is sponsored by Canterbury and their T20 shirts often go with something a little less conventional, so I wonder if we'll see it on them too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back