News New Jumpers For 2018 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would make for a few interesting templates...

Say Port got their way and made GC wear a commemorative guernsey instead of their normal one, would they they also need that guernsey to be a clash one because that's the only one that isn't red and yellow? I'd laugh if Gold Coast ended up making their own commemorative guernsey to appease Port, and it ended up incorporating the Chinese flag (PS contest?) as well.

GC can wear whatever the **** they want given its their home game.

If they want to be real smart arses about it they could make a black "night-themed" edition of their home jumper so Port has to wear their clash.

Kochy is an idiot.
I whole-heartedly disagree.
Jesse-Pinkman-Breaking-Bad-Drinking-Water.gif

2GNCdQx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Staff at Jim Kidds & the AFL store are confirming this, but believe the Navy will be dropped altogether.. pinched the image from the West Coast "Puma" thread... View attachment 429125
That doesn't really belong here, that graphic is pure speculation, nothing has been announced or confirmed yet.

That doesn't really belong here, that graphic is pure speculation, nothing has been announced or confirmed yet.
There was a ratings scale in the OP (which is now the second post) for rumours, confirmed changes, etc. Has this thread been merged with another? Or am I totally confused? (quite possible)

new logo, with the lettering.. takes a bit to get used to for me, I still love the retro eagle

I'm with you there mate. I still hold out some hope that we'll revert back to original, but it's seeming less and less likely. Still not sure how I feel about the "new" one. I think I only like it because of the EAGLES text returning. The head could use some work though. Looks like an old cartoon chicken

Definitely will take some getting used to, but hopefully it looks great on the field.

But I think it's kinda strange that (if true) they're dropping navy completely. Obviously royal blue is the colour of their premierships and with yellow their inaugural colour scheme, but I think it's strange to drop navy after wearing it for every home game for 22 years.

Maybe it's to create a bit more of a contrast with Freo's branding, especially since Freo's purple borders on Navy under artificial light.

What is for certain, is that Perth stadium is going to look f--king awesome lit up blue/yellow + purple next year.

Definitely will take some getting used to, but hopefully it looks great on the field.

But I think it's kinda strange that (if true) they're dropping navy completely. Obviously royal blue is the colour of their premierships and with yellow their inaugural colour scheme, but I think it's strange to drop navy after wearing it for every home game for 22 years.

Maybe it's to create a bit more of a contrast with Freo's branding, especially since Freo's purple borders on Navy under artificial light.

What is for certain, is that Perth stadium is going to look f--king awesome lit up blue/yellow + purple next year.
Having 2 shades of blue is just confusing. Should never have dulled down our colours by introducing the navy. Hopefully the rumour will be confirmed and after 22 years I will finally be 100 % happy with our guernseys again.

Having 2 shades of blue is just confusing. Should never have dulled down our colours by introducing the navy. Hopefully the rumour will be confirmed and after 22 years I will finally be 100 % happy with our guernseys again.

Be great to see you with two tops, royal and yellow wings

Hope the rumours of a white clash are false. Imo its not needed with these two tops.

Wouldn't it be better if the jumper design had something to do with Moorabbin. The design chosen was worn in 1897 to 1914. The Saints never moved to Moorabbin until 1965. The correct jumper should be the 1965 version of the St.Kilda jumper. Probably it wasn't chosen because it is to similar to the current St.Kilda home jumper.

However, there will be people at the match that will remember when the Saints started at Moorabbin so they should use the jumper from that period of time. Using the exact jumper design they could create a jumper which says Moorabbin because it was the jumper worn by the Saints in their first home game at Moorabbin. The differences between the current home jumper and the 1965 jumper are; black cuffs on the arm holes, white collar around the neck, black square around the St.Kilda logo on the jumper. The jumper design could be used again as it was the design worn in the 1966 Grand Final by the Saints.

eS5Xbf6.jpg
I made this not too long ago. I think it'll go better with the older look. Feel free to use it.
oldy.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back