News New Jumpers For 2018 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they have fixed the issue with the 2017 guernseys where the front of the collar would rip open easily (as seen here)
Seems to have stitching rather than a single piece. Was it a single piece on the 17 version?

Weird. On the templates on the computer there seems to be something written above the numbers and you can also see it on one of the training guernseys I think, but on the real playing guernsey there doesn't seem to be anything there.
Looks like a year. 1968-2018.

"Ford" being written bigger would be one. The other would be it's more consistent with their current branding.
Then it should be on both sides, imo

OZe4rSc.jpg

Best view so far of the new AFL gear branding

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked the blue logo on the back. It blended in well with the hoops, and made it less of an obvious sponsor logo. Which is probably why they changed it!

Certainly stands out much better now. Good result for Ford.

Good that Cotton On brought some of their values to the Geelong guernsey :S

These guys take themselves even more seriously than FJGD members!
Yeah, I'm not too sure that Cotton On values are a positive thing for a footy guernsey. I take it that the guernseys are cheap as chips and come with a guilt trip into buying a bottle of water to save poor kids in the developing world, similar to those that they pay **** all to make their clothes.

Yeah, I'm not too sure that Cotton On values are a positive thing for a footy guernsey. I take it that the guernseys are cheap as chips and come with a guilt trip into buying a bottle of water to save poor kids in the developing world, similar to those that they pay **** all to make their clothes.

They've raised over $62M for impoverished people and their ethical sourcing program is very good. Plenty of other companies I'd rather pot.

They've raised over $62M for impoverished people and their ethical sourcing program is very good. Plenty of other companies I'd rather pot.

I don't dispute that they do some charity work and that there are companies far worse, I just don't see them as saints either. I guess what rubs me the wrong way is flogging products for charity at the counter while still producing products in Bangladesh, which you don't do unless you're looking to pay people next to nothing.

Last edited:
So I wonder, with the new inverse Geelong jumper for the clash, if those will be worn with blue shorts predominantly? Would that also mean white shorts with the normal home strip?

ALSO, I'm quite excited to have received a tip-off about Geelong's jumpers for next year. Its pretty rare for me to get some inside info that I can share. This is what I've been told:

- Branding reverting to "Cotton On" rather than COAR (as we saw with the AFLW state of origin jumpers);
- Ford logo on the back will be just the Ford wordmark - not the oval logo;
- Clash reverting to the inverse (will they even use it though?);
- T-Shirt pre-season jumper being ditched.

Will be interesting to see what comes to fruition.

✅ Tick
✅ Tick
✅ Tick
❓ Jury is out.

Not sure what that T-Shirt version of the home jumper would be for if they're ditching the pre-season jumper. That said, from that quick view on the video, the sleeves looked fairly loose compared to last year. Maybe its just something for retail? Trying to move into the soccer jersey market? Wait and see on this I guess.

That clash though.... I mean it looks good, but from the front it doesn't look a whole lot different to the home. Its pretty much the same proportions of navy/white. Not sure how effective its going to be. I think I preferred the one from a couple years back with the slightly thinner white hoops.

It will be interesting to see how Collingwood-Geelong matchups work going forward. Could get really ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back