News New Jumpers For 2018 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I'll get a bit of hate for asking this, but I can not get my head around why people would buy an opposition team's guernsey. With something like Basketball I can get it because it is kind of streetwear or even soccer to some extent as there are just so many different clubs (although then again, I'd never get an A-League shirt other than a United one, or an English kit besides Norwich.) but AFL guernseys are so tribal that I don't see the point in owning another clubs' colours. Would like to hear some reasons why people do it.

Well I bought this one for my cousin for his birthday. I have it now because we are renovating my shed into a man cave which I’m going to have a wall full of guernseys and stuff.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would buy opposition jumpers (and I have a few) but I don't wear them. I only buy them for these reasons.
- Looks good (or really ugly)
- Really cheap
- Very rare
- Works for the AFL

Interesting short sleeve navy blue 'g' jumper on geelong's instagram story that I didn't notice in the promo video, similar to the training tops. Potentially JLT, hope not though as I really dislike the rising star stripes...

Interesting short sleeve navy blue 'g' jumper on geelong's instagram story that I didn't notice in the promo video, similar to the training tops. Potentially JLT, hope not though as I really dislike the rising star stripes...

Nah it has a normal round neck collar, so it’s not a guernsey

I'm sure I'll get a bit of hate for asking this, but I can not get my head around why people would buy an opposition team's guernsey. With something like Basketball I can get it because it is kind of streetwear or even soccer to some extent as there are just so many different clubs (although then again, I'd never get an A-League shirt other than a United one, or an English kit besides Norwich.) but AFL guernseys are so tribal that I don't see the point in owning another clubs' colours. Would like to hear some reasons why people do it.
I'm exactly the same as you. I have a ton of basketball jerseys (mostly from dhgate because I'm a stingy bastard), and way too many Collingwood guernseys, but I couldn't think of another team that I would wear anything of. As you said, it's too tribal, I don't even know why I keep buying Collingwood guernseys really, I wear them occasionally to footy training but I don't even wear them to AFL games.

3 sleeps til November 1st everyone!

Hopefully lots of changes and FJGD pr0n to come ;)
Maybe I’m out of the loop, but what’s happening on November 1st?

Maybe I’m out of the loop, but what’s happening on November 1st?

November 1st is usually the beginning of the ‘Jumper new year’ contractually (generally) and clubs will begin advertising their 2018 range on club online shops.

It is not always November 1st exactly but the firsts couple of weeks of November is around the time the new stock arrives.

For example there is belief that West Coast haven’t been able to release a potential rebrand/manufacturer change from puma to ISC because of the current contact they have with Puma which as rumoured could be up by the beginning of November

November 1st is usually the beginning of the ‘Jumper new year’ contractually (generally) and clubs will begin advertising their 2018 range on club online shops.

It is not always November 1st exactly but the firsts couple of weeks of November is around the time the new stock arrives.

For example there is belief that West Coast haven’t been able to release a potential rebrand/manufacturer change from puma to ISC because of the current contact they have with Puma which as rumoured could be up by the beginning of November
This needs to be a Wikipedia article.

I have an AFL membership and go along to quite a few neutral games with mates and I have a scarf in most team colours to join in with them, they do the same when I take them down to the cattery. I do have jumpers of opposition sides but only for clubs I had a close relationship growing up, Essendon as my pre fiancée side, and Adelaide and Port having grown up in SA and gone along with mates. I only had the opportunity to go to Essendon games once a year but I didn't want to miss out on enjoying a day at the footy and ride the emotions with mates. Jumped over to Geelong when I realised in the space of three years I had been to about 40 Cats games and three Essendon games, the drugs saga just made the jump easier...I still find the whole event reprehensible. Without the move to Geelong I never would have felt the close connection with a club like a do now, getting the chance to go into the rooms and meet the players, falling in love with the stadium in Geelong, and even getting the chance to put the banner up at Adelaide Oval in the final this year.

On the whole though I just like going to the game. Having an AFL membership and having worked at the MCG all through my undergrad I just found picking a side on the day and barracking like it's your own to be far more enjoyable. If Geelong loses I am a little stroppy until the next game starts half an hour later and them in riding the highs and lows of that game again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol they're using the Yellow Images template again.

Also those curved side panels and 'back bib' that are a hangover of the 2XU template seriously need to go. They provide nothing.

Suns 2018 guernseys and some training gear is now on pre-sale, not much different in the guernseys to my untrained eyes other than the XBlades logo but I'm sure there is more in it than that:

The logos no longer have any 3D effects on them.
Also those curved side panels and 'back bib' that are a hangover of the 2XU template seriously need to go. They provide nothing.

The whole design needs to go.

So much for the 'rebrand'.

Why can't they do something like this?:

Home:

Home.png

Clash:

Away & Clash.png

Never thought there would actually be a rebrand, that crap XB spewed out when they got the contract was typical announcement stuff. A cheap as chips manufacturer like XB were never getting their hands on the rebrand for an AFL run club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back