News New Jumpers For 2018 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Port training guernsey, oddly enough it features a v-neck collar.
ZyNp7l7.jpg

North Melbourne SmokeFree guernsey much?

That Blues jumper has a yellow-ish tinge to the monogram and front sponsors? I like it, reminds me of the old cotton designs.

I hate the monogram on the back... their jumper is so great because it's so simple but bold and unique. You don't need anything else to say 'this is the jumper Carlton wear.'

The Nike placement is cool. At least they changed the collar finally. First meaningful alteration in a decade.
Wouldn't surprise me if the PI's are different.

Unfortunetely, Nike have done this for about 5 years

the collar and jumper itself looks good but it's ruined by logo placement. The monogram is too close to the logos. the tick is way too big and the way they put it in line with the other two is obnoxious. It draws the focus to the sponsors and not the jumper itself. This is why we can't have nice things.

So here is Carlton's 2015-2017 jumper overlayed with the artwork from this jumper
Carlton-2018.gif

To explain my process.
I take a pic of an actual jumper in use. (http://aflnation.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/07CoCa17SB_2143.jpg)
I trace the outline of the jumper, then the collar and the monogram.
I then re-size this to fit my template.
The 2015, 2016 and 2017 jumpers have been the same for Carlton.
What I've done to create the image above is trace the outline, collar and monogram on Klim 's Carlton jumper.
Then re-sized it to the same overall size as the 2017 version.
So the Red monogram and Green collar are what the 2018 version would look like compared to the 2017.
In short, I cannot believe this is what the players will wear in games.
The monogram is too small & too high and the Nike logo too close to the sponsor logos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have been their two jumpers for the AFL

I'd love it if the one on the left was our clash jumper but only if it was an exact opposite of the one on the right. I'm probably the only Collingwood (if not AFL fan) who thinks the white on black stripes looks better. History be damned, it looks better with black shorts.

I'll have to see it in person, but to me it appears as though the CFC is the best re-creation of the pre-98 style we've had since moving to Nike. The raised logo now interlocks as it's supposed to with an added 3D effect.

Even if the retails are sublimated as per the women's, it's still the best replica effort in terms of the monogram.

images
AC9436D4-D08C-D5A4-22D06B98C65073212018guernsey2.jpg

Does it annoy anyone else that the Carlton monogram on the jumper doesn't match the one in the logo?

The NY Yankees have slightly different cap, shirt and print versions. It's been different on the Carlton jumper for the majority of club history.

I'll have to see it in person, but to me it appears as though the CFC is the best re-creation of the pre-98 style we've had since moving to Nike. The raised logo now interlocks as it's supposed to with an added 3D effect.

images
AC9436D4-D08C-D5A4-22D06B98C65073212018guernsey2.jpg
Great spot. This is the best implementation of the logo we've ever had. Hopefully it's raised not just printed.

Great spot. This is the best implementation of the logo we've ever had. Hopefully it's raised not just printed.

I've zoomed in pretty closely and it's definitely not the same material as the navy body. Appears to be an iron-on felt without the fake stitches as in previous incarnations. It's also more of an off-white in comparison to the swoosh and Hyundai logos.

Saw the Carlton jumper at the shop.

- CFC is raised. The shading effect is where it is raised higher in some places than others. New printing material as opposed to the puffiness of previous versions
- All logos are printed, including AFL
- the 'white' in the collar is actually grey
- The V neck is not stitched at the front, one piece overlaps the other
- This is the authentic on-field version

IMG_3120.JPG

IMG_3121.JPG

Saw the Carlton jumper at the shop.

- CFC is raised. The shading effect is where it is raised higher in some places than others. New printing material as opposed to the puffiness of previous versions
- All logos are printed, including AFL
- the 'white' in the collar is actually grey
- The V neck is not stitched at the front, one piece overlaps the other
- This is the authentic on-field version

IMG_3120.JPG

IMG_3121.JPG
The pics didn't work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back