News New Jumpers For 2020 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a good one for the Gridiron Discussion thread ;)

Why?

I think it is a very important discussion to have heat pressed grand final logos compared to this is something to consider.

How much does the league spend on Grand final day, yet the competing clubs spend $2 on an heat pressed logo which at the end of the game always has a few go missing.

Why cant the AFL spend an extra couple of hundred dollars and enforce stitched on grand final logos???

Why?

I think it is a very important discussion to have heat pressed grand final logos compared to this is something to consider.

How much does the league spend on Grand final day, yet the competing clubs spend $2 on an heat pressed logo which at the end of the game always has a few go missing.

Why cant the AFL spend an extra couple of hundred dollars and enforce stitched on grand final logos???
Or you know just have new jumpers made up for the day. They have a week to get them made for the competing teams and all it requires is adding an extra layer over the AFL logo and getting them sewn up.

Hell they could have them made up 2 weeks in advance and shred/burn the non competing teams.

Or you know just have new jumpers made up for the day. They have a week to get them made for the competing teams and all it requires is adding an extra layer over the AFL logo and getting them sewn up.

Hell they could have them made up 2 weeks in advance and shred/burn the non competing teams.

That would be fine for some sides but for others it would be very difficult because the jumpers are made/organised months before they are being used. The port pb jumper for the final a couple of years back was possible but from what I recall it was seen as touch and go if it was even possible to get it made and then sent to Adelaide. From my perspective I don’t mind the gf logo as it is used now or if they were to change it, but I think if they were to change I would think it would be heat pressed on anyway.

Why?

Oh no I totally agree with you, just thought it belonged in the Gridiron Discussion Thread given it was just the video posted alone.

So people want to stitch a patch onto a fully sublimated polyester guernsey.....maybe it will hold and won’t rip
Nah I want them fully sublimated and if that requires having to make jumpers before they know the two sides then still do it and destroy the ones not needed.

Nah I want them fully sublimated and if that requires having to make jumpers before they know the two sides then still do it and destroy the ones not needed.
If I'm not mistaken the American leagues produce championship merchandise for both teams prior to the result, and whatever turns out to be incorrect gets shipped to other countries and donated to those in need.

If I'm not mistaken the American leagues produce championship merchandise for both teams prior to the result, and whatever turns out to be incorrect gets shipped to other countries and donated to those in need.
The AFL does this as well. That’s why most of the premiership merchandise when it first gets released is grey, so they can just make two batches with either sides logo on it and destroy the losing sides merch. A month or so later they usually release the club coloured merch.

image.jpg
Pretty sure after the 2018 Grand Final I remember people saying they found these hats and shirts with Collingwood logos in skip bins around Melbourne.

The AFL does this as well. That’s why most of the premiership merchandise when it first gets released is grey, so they can just make two batches with either sides logo on it and destroy the losing sides merch. A month or so later they usually release the club coloured merch.

View attachment 812992
Pretty sure after the 2018 Grand Final I remember people saying they found these hats and shirts with Collingwood logos in skip bins around Melbourne.
I don't get why it would have to be grey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get why it would have to be grey?
They just produce the one top and use it for both teams, rather than making a blue and gold one for West Coast and black/white for Collingwood. Grey is one of the few colours that looks reasonable and isn't tied to a team

These are just AFL branded generic tops, I've seen very similar ones floating around from Richmond and the Bulldogs premiership years. Just generic grey tops with the club logo and premiers logo.

View attachment 812992

They get donated.

There will be a few kids running around in Uganda with a GWS Premiers 2019 hat on

They get donated.

There will be a few kids running around in Uganda with a GWS Premiers 2019 hat on
There must be a fair few Collingwood kids in Uganda given how much of our premiers merch has been scrapped :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back