News New Jumpers for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond was ConceptSports, Freo was Covert Fashion(s?), Bulldogs was CSi (I believe another branding for ConceptSports. They may have all been the same company?!)

Was concept sports/csi/covert fashions a middle man supplier? How and when did this change?

Was concept sports/csi/covert fashions a middle man supplier? How and when did this change?
From memory they actually put out pretty good, solid gear

It is my understanding Brisbane had a perfectly usable Gold Clash jumper that paid homage to both the original Bears jumpers and the last Bears jumper with the Vee.
And then the club told the manufacturers it needed to be White because of an AFL directive on Clash jumpers.
How come Essendon's/Richmond's clash jumpers don't have to be white?

How come Essendon's/Richmond's clash jumpers don't have to be white?
Different rules for different clubs - no joke SJ.

We have heard from reliable sources that Brisbane have a AFL ruling that they must have 80% white on their clash (I think the Crows the same) and yet West Coast and Hawthorn successfully dropped their white enforced clash jumpers for coloured clashes.

Same with the Gold Coast and Richmond have never had a different coloured clash (at least Essendon and Carlton have tried different colours)

I presume they have some random formula that says any Brisbane clash in gold will cause worse clashes and every conceivable match up only works in white... but not other teams...

Different rules for different clubs - no joke SJ.

We have heard from reliable sources that Brisbane have a AFL ruling that they must have 80% white on their clash (I think the Crows the same) and yet West Coast and Hawthorn successfully dropped their white enforced clash jumpers for coloured clashes.

Same with the Gold Coast and Richmond have never had a different coloured clash (at least Essendon and Carlton have tried different colours)

I presume they have some random formula that says any Brisbane clash in gold will cause worse clashes and every conceivable match up only works in white... but not other teams...
Mad.

Richmond was ConceptSports, Freo was Covert Fashion(s?), Bulldogs was CSi (I believe another branding for ConceptSports. They may have all been the same company?!)

You won’t believe this, but I was just looking up info about Concept Sports the other day. I saw a BNWT jumper which showed the web address on the tag, so checked it out to see if they were still around (spoiler alert: no).

Turns out the company was founded by former Richmond president Gary March, lost a heap of money, and was subject to a class action from a bunch of investors who had been duped. Plenty of info if you google Concept Sports International. Gary March now appears to be the director of a ‘Loco Sportswear’.

I’m just bored with Canterbury. I’d honestly prefer something like Richmond’s 2017-19 Puma template. I’m sure it would look good in our traditional style of a blue collar on a white guernsey.

This is the downside of being a Roos supporter, not only can we not land the big fish, we have been stuck with garbage apparel since Nike departed early 2000s.
The 90s were a dream, the premierships, the guernseys, the king.
Since Then I can recall we have had russel athletic, bont, x blades, Canterbury, and I’m sure I’m missing one more mediocre sponsor.
I would give anything to of even had isc or blk for a couple seasons, at least we wouldn’t look so disjointed to majority of the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the downside of being a Roos supporter, not only can we not land the big fish, we have been stuck with garbage apparel since Nike departed early 2000s.
Since Then I can recall we have had russel athletic, bont, x blades, Canterbury, and I’m sure I’m missing one more mediocre sponsor.
I would give anything to of even had isc or blk for a couple seasons, at least we wouldn’t look so disjointed to majority of the league.
I personally think people put far too much weight into manufacturer names.
I mean, anyone remember the lopsided sash Adidas gave the Bombers for a while there?

I would 100 times prefer ISC/BLK who gave us an actual jumper first, than some bragging name who rips it to shreds and applies it to their template

I personally think people put far too much weight into manufacturer names.
I mean, anyone remember the lopsided sash Adidas gave the Bombers for a while there?

I would 100 times prefer ISC/BLK who gave us an actual jumper first, than some bragging name who rips it to shreds and applies it to their template
Didn’t BLK **** up your yellow tho?

Didn’t BLK fu** up your yellow tho?
I was always in the camp that I can deal with faded colours of I look at the jumper and it's a quality black with a yellow sash jumper, as opposed to rich colours but that monstrosity that Adidas did with Essendon or the Puma cut off Wings era

End of the day I'm the one potentially buying the merch and taking pride in it, and there is no pride in some big name butchering the kit because they don't care enough

You won’t believe this, but I was just looking up info about Concept Sports the other day. I saw a BNWT jumper which showed the web address on the tag, so checked it out to see if they were still around (spoiler alert: no).

Turns out the company was founded by former Richmond president Gary March, lost a heap of money, and was subject to a class action from a bunch of investors who had been duped. Plenty of info if you google Concept Sports International. Gary March now appears to be the director of a ‘Loco Sportswear’.

Plug that address into the Wayback Machine

That is a retail Sekem. The player issues are much better, look pretty similar in quality to ISC. Will be good to see a WA brand with a WA club, wouldn't mind them to do West Coast's kit.

118838623_4343987315642479_1651684769066384771_o.jpg

119704019_4352390604835441_557807320625218977_o.jpg

120323929_4462373300470546_5273021007697945339_o.jpg

118784849_4268370959904073_3952979178479697509_o.jpg

119166981_4327334264007742_1866514036221203684_o.jpg
The second photo the two halves of the guernsey don’t even match up at top on the right hand shoulder

yes i do miss the 90’s too and i think you’re missing reebok in the list

where on earth are all the leaks? in years gone by, October was our golden month.
In years gone by we haven't had football still on.

Also we've seen 2 designs leaked, 4 apparel partners being confirmed (in varying shapes), and have a reasonable idea of who will be partnering with all the other clubs. Also alot of clubs won't be changing kits at all (essendon has pretty much confirmed this, while north is rumoured to be in the same boat).

In years gone by we haven't had football still on.

Also we've seen 2 designs leaked, 4 apparel partners being confirmed (in varying shapes), and have a reasonable idea of who will be partnering with all the other clubs. Also alot of clubs won't be changing kits at all (essendon has pretty much confirmed this, while north is rumoured to be in the same boat).
hopefully the floodgates open in 2 weeks.

Concept Sport were owned by the Richmond president, Gary March.
I am not sure of what they did before becoming apparel sponsors at Richmond, but I do know they went out of business no long later.
From what I can tell they were making the gear themselves, so tghey must have been one of the early adopters of sublimation technology for producing jumpers etc.
When March left Richmond in 2013 he left to spend more time at Loco, a provider of jumpers (and everything else) to country footy leagues.
So in effect, Concept technically went broke, but they emerged as Loco and are still doing country footy.

Covert Fashion are hard to find anything for.
I am going from memory that they were a WA based supplier looking to break into the market and only lasted one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back