News New Jumpers for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please lets keep discussion to actual confirmations, legitimate news items and credible leaks only. Remember that any of your own design ideas do not belong in this thread, but are to go in the Jumper Ideas thread.

A change will not be considered to be confirmed until it has either been announced by the club or leaked by a retailer.

If you do come across some information, please make sure to post your sources with any confirmed releases, and clearly state any rumours or leaks.

Cheers, and enjoy!

REMINDER: TROLLS WHO DELIBERATELY POST FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION WILL BE CARDED

Adelaide
New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing Optus) - Confirmed 28/8/21.

Brisbane Lions

Carlton

Collingwood

New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing CGU) - Confirmed 9/2/21; Source.

Essendon

Fremantle

Geelong

Gold Coast

Greater Western Sydney

Hawthorn

Melbourne

North Melbourne

New Manufacturer - Puma - Confirmed 28/10/21; Source.
New home jumper - return to white base - Rumoured; Source.
New away/clash jumper - rumoured to be Bounding Roo; Source.

Port Adelaide

Richmond

New Front Sponsor - nib (moves from back to front) - Confirmed 18/10/21; Source.
New Back Sponsor - Latitude - Confirmed 5/11/20; Source.

St Kilda

Sydney

West Coast

Western Bulldogs

Last edited:
i'm officially a blue numbers supporter now. it's just common sense, isn't it? the strip looks much cleaner when there's only two colours.

also, the silver outlines are 100% still there. can't understand why.
todd-goldstein-of-the-kangaroos-is-tackled-by-josh-p-kennedy-of-the-picture-id1381017818

i'm officially a blue numbers supporter now. it's just common sense, isn't it? the strip looks much cleaner when there's only two colours.

also, the silver outlines are 100% still there. can't understand why.
todd-goldstein-of-the-kangaroos-is-tackled-by-josh-p-kennedy-of-the-picture-id1381017818
There was something charming about the black numbers imo.

There was something charming about the black numbers imo.
i agree, but i think it's just my sentimental attachment to it. putting that aside I think the blue numbers are the better choice aesthetically and it's enough of a small change that the kit still feels exactly like the old north melbourne kits, in some ways more like the ones we wore in the 70s and 80s than we've ever had in the printed jumpers era.

Last edited:
the one thing wrong with it is the white cuffs. but it's such a minor detail I can't really care too much about it, they've nailed the brief
I'm kinda digging the no cuffs look tbh, feels like a nice touch to really date it to today.

Also think with 3 blue stripes blue cuffs would make it look a little weird.
you don't have to wonder. that's what we've always had before with 3 stripe designs. I think it looks really good, you don't get the effect where the stripes are cut off (see tom powell in my avatar) by the round white cuff, it blends seamlessly into the stripe and makes it look wider, and it also matches the collar. still my preference.
Wayne-Carey-1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you don't have to wonder. that's what we've always had before with 3 stripe designs. I think it looks really good, you don't get the effect where the stripes are cut off (see tom powell in my avatar) by the round white cuff, it blends seamlessly into the stripe and makes it look wider, and it also matches the collar. still my preference.
Wayne-Carey-1.jpg
Personally preference but the tip of the ducks left shoulder is a bit weird for me.

Hawthorn have released the Legends Guernsey for 2022.

Peter Hudson Legends Badge
The fabled Legends emblem with Hudson's autograph is positioned on the front below the V, with raised detailing adding a modern feature to this historic piece.

Pinstripe Detailing
Following on the success of the the V design from John Kennedy Snr's Legends Guernsey, Hudson's version emphasises this with the addition of a unique pinstripe detail as depicted in his official Legends portrait.

Vintage Number Panel
As an ode to Hudson's playing days, the white vintage number panel has been popular on several Hawthorn guernseys over time, most notably in the early 70s.

Historic Hudson Photo
Woven into the yoke, this nostalgic image of Hudson epitomises his freakish ability in front of goal.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Number Panel on the plain gold back.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 11.45.29 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 11.45.29 am.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 191
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 11.45.12 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 11.45.12 am.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 194

The fabled Legends emblem with Hudson's autograph is positioned on the front below the V, with raised detailing adding a modern feature to this historic piece.

Pinstripe Detailing
Following on the success of the the V design from John Kennedy Snr's Legends Guernsey, Hudson's version emphasises this with the addition of a unique pinstripe detail as depicted in his official Legends portrait.

Vintage Number Panel
As an ode to Hudson's playing days, the white vintage number panel has been popular on several Hawthorn guernseys over time, most notably in the early 70s.

Historic Hudson Photo
Woven into the yoke, this nostalgic image of Hudson epitomises his freakish ability in front of goal.

Front - 10/10
Back - 4/10. I don't think you'll find many who would like the number panel these days.

Pinstripe Detailing

Vintage Number Panel

Historic Hudson Photo

I don't like the pinstripe detailing, feel like it loses a bit of the "oomph" that the design previously had

Front - 10/10
Back - 4/10. I don't think you'll find many who would like the number panel these days.
Not sure how much thought was put into this design element - the primary reason we've had for a white number panel was to allow for continuous stripes on the back of our home jumper. It just doesn't look good on a plain gold back.

This is a full shot of the back which I took at Rebel a couple weeks ago:
unnamed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back