New Player Nicknames

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't help but think the word Gunner, Gunner, Gonna, GUNNER! is going to flow out of my mouth next year the easiest

So for me it's GUNNER

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess it all comes down to age.

"Norm" is an absolute no-brainer. You will never get an easier nickname than that, or a better one..... BUT..... if you are anywhere under 30 you probably have no idea who Norman Gunston was, or how funny he was, so why would you nickname him that. Chances are most of the Hawthorn playing list don't know who Norman Gunston was either.

Mav, can be Bud's wingman!;)

Norman or Gunner, I think both will go around.

Its like any of our players.

Poppy, Pup
Izzy, Smitty
Jordo, Lewie
There is always 1 or 2 floating around that stick.

Isn't it Omitty???

Guess it all comes down to age.

"Norm" is an absolute no-brainer. You will never get an easier nickname than that, or a better one..... BUT..... if you are anywhere under 30 you probably have no idea who Norman Gunston was, or how funny he was, so why would you nickname him that. Chances are most of the Hawthorn playing list don't know who Norman Gunston was either.

Yup, don't get it.

Personally, I keep going back to Sergeant, as in Gunnery Sergeant. Not sure why, but I like it :)

"Bleeder" for Gunston.

Also, it's a bit late, but Puopolo's new nickname is hereby and henceforth "Uoppa" (Whopper).

Tried to start a thread on this, but got moved. This one stayed??? is there an agenda against me mods. Is it because I mentioned you guys in my post??

Anyway, I mentioned Norm, or Shooter. but I lean towards Norm. it can not be anything else. Might be an omen for the Norm Smith HAHA;)

Remove this Banner Ad

New Player Nicknames

Remove this Banner Ad

Back