Mega Thread New Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: New Stadium - Time for Cautious Optimism?

What would people prefer?

The new foreshore or

A new stadium?
why when we are getting both? If i was a betting man, i bet the stadium hasnt been announced yet because the architects havent come back to Colin with a completely different stadium design as of yet. gotta time it right so all of this is either a) ready just before next election or b) the one after that. too soon or too late and advantage is lost. its aaallll politics.

What would people prefer?

The new foreshore or

A new stadium?

Both are important mate.

We have this beautiful river with nothing on it so this will be a start.

The stadium will happen also and if I was a betting man it will be at Burswood. It is in prime location and with the waterfront getting done this will be the start of it all linking together and making it brilliant.

Even money its Burswood for me, maybe even odds on.

Cant really compare the two.

The foreshore is expected to have a net cost of 300 million. The stadium will be another billion more than that I expect.

If we get both of these announced within 6 months though, that's a pretty amazing achievement for Perth. Not to mention all the other developments around the CBD.

Cant really compare the two.

The foreshore is expected to have a net cost of 300 million. The stadium will be another billion more than that I expect.

If we get both of these announced within 6 months though, that's a pretty amazing achievement for Perth. Not to mention all the other developments around the CBD.

The cultural centre is expected to cost in excess of 500 million dollars but it will be a building of national importance.

6p7r5v.jpg

The cultural centre is expected to cost in excess of 500 million dollars but it will be a building of national importance.

6p7r5v.jpg
That plan has been radically downsized hasn't it?

I will eat my own shoes if that waterfront development is completed either on time or on budget.

$440m and mid-2014 completion? LOL.

Earthworks by 2014, just the inlet dug out and roads realigned. All of those pretty buildings will take a very long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree.

To me its on par with installing one of those bunnings style water features on the front lawn. I do like the cable car from Kings park though, thats a good idea.
The cablecar is gone

So $440m buys a hole in the ground?

Well you get about $170 mill back in land sales and also create something interesting for tourists to do in the city.

No point attracting people to the city only for them to do diddly swat.

The cablecar is gone

Cable cars will be privately built and run.

No cost to tax payers money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread New Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back