Mega Thread New Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: New Stadium - Time for Cautious Optimism?

I love the stadium debate, all the hype, speculation etc.

Lets hope we go all out on this project and produce something world class.

Personally I think Burswood is the best but has anyone seen the South Perth proposals?

031110gensouthperth_16djia5-16djia6.jpg

any links?

I love the stadium debate, all the hype, speculation etc.

Lets hope we go all out on this project and produce something world class.

Personally I think Burswood is the best but has anyone seen the South Perth proposals?

031110gensouthperth_16djia5-16djia6.jpg
That's for a 25,000 hockey Stadium from memory, and set 20 odd years in the future

Would rather the Kitchener Park proposal than Belmont.

If the Government was serious about sports in WA it would develop a precinct in Burswood.

What kind of precinct? A sporting precinct?? If so, why do I care that there is a tennis court near by when I am going to the football? And, why does the next generation of young players want to be around a football stadium that is not used for 340 days of the year, but filled with thousands of bogans the rest of the time.

It consumes all my rational thoughts. I will even do the unthinkable and vote labor if they can guarantee a proper stadium. This will be my sixth year on the ****ing waiting list and im god damned sick of it.

By the time you get a seat, it will probably be in the new stadium. In 2018.

Colin Barnett's choice is Belmont ,... negotiations with Racing Industry is the next month or two to finalise .

Good that a decision is being made and planning and construction gets under way and in a open site like Belmont Park , the stadium would be ready by 2014 i would hope !

Second choice - Subiaco refurbish ( No Kitchener Park ) and Burswood last choice !

Barnett sounds like he will make a decision sooner rather then later :rolleyes:

No chance of it being ready by 2014, what with the support issues, having to negotiate to buy the land, all the associated infrastructure that will need to be built etc etc.

I can't believe a refurbishment of Subi Oval is even under consideration, let alone second choice:eek:

The stories about Belmont mentioned that it was one of 17 or 18 sites that were initially considered. Any idea what some of the others were? Might be worth revisiting some of them.

No chance of it being ready by 2014, what with the support issues, having to negotiate to buy the land, all the associated infrastructure that will need to be built etc etc.

I can't believe a refurbishment of Subi Oval is even under consideration, let alone second choice:eek:

The stories about Belmont mentioned that it was one of 17 or 18 sites that were initially considered. Any idea what some of the others were? Might be worth revisiting some of them.

I know of a couple. Not the exact sites but the suburbs. One was in leederville and one was in joondalup. Joondalup completely scrapped because its too far away from southern suburbs. No idea on the leederville front i think the footprint was too big for the area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colin Barnett's choice is Belmont ,... negotiations with Racing Industry is the next month or two to finalise .

Good that a decision is being made and planning and construction gets under way and in a open site like Belmont Park , the stadium would be ready by 2014 i would hope !

Second choice - Subiaco refurbish ( No Kitchener Park ) and Burswood last choice !

Barnett sounds like he will make a decision sooner rather then later :rolleyes:
The tender process alone will be 12-18 months.

I'd also put Fivey's house on it not ending up at Belmont Park.

Belmont Racecourse is inaccessable from about 300 degrees. They'd have to build a bridge from Belmont to Bardon Park and link it up with the bottom of Central Ave. If they did that, the residents in that area would have a fit, but it would be a great outcome for the city as a whole.

So long as it's not a half-arsed Subi patch-up job or at Kitchener Park I will be happy.

Burswood is my preference. I reckon it will provide the best long-term option, even if it costs more initially.

Belmont Racecourse is inaccessable from about 300 degrees. They'd have to build a bridge from Belmont to Bardon Park and link it up with the bottom of Central Ave. If they did that, the residents in that area would have a fit, but it would be a great outcome for the city as a whole.

I think people in WA just need to learn to walk.

People often walk from the MCG to the CBD in Melbourne.

A wide footbridge connecting the east to the west opens up Claisebrook and East Perth Train stations as well to exit all the traffic

There's an opinion piece by Mark Duffield on The West's site this morning complaining that the East Perth power station site seems to have been all but forgotten.

Biggest problem with that site is the lack of room to eventually expand I suppose.

I think people in WA just need to learn to walk.

People often walk from the MCG to the CBD in Melbourne.

A wide footbridge connecting the east to the west opens up Claisebrook and East Perth Train stations as well to exit all the traffic
Yep, most people walk a fair way to the G, be it from Richmond Station or the city.

Adds a lot to the atmosphere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread New Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back