New Tiger Dawn?

Remove this Banner Ad

good work ron. it's about time someone published some hard data to separate the subjective opinions from the facts. what this shows is that richmond have the 2nd youngest team which means that they will have the 2nd bestest. it also show that that frawley feller wasn't much chop and that that wallace feller wasn't much better.

i have just put a bet on a 2013 GC v Richmond grand final. it's so obvious. if you can't see this you'd have to be fair dinkum blind.

I'm honestly hoping your boys can stay at the top until we reach the top, because nothing and I mean NOTHING would turn the city of Melbourne upside down more than Richmond Vs. Collingwood in the Grand Final.

The most powerful club in the country against the former most powerful club of the country.
It's will be Australia's own Boston Red Sox Vs. New York Yankees fairytale.

*If we win* :D

I think essendons 3 best players didnt play that night, along with some other best 22 players. They also played pretty crap the week before against Brisbane. Not really a great achievement, you guys generally beat us ever year so those outs might not of mattered.

You see this very often from Richmond.

They have a habit of finishing the season strong, resulting with the predictions over the summer that Richmond look set to finally break out this year, and then when the season starts, they disappoint much like this year.

Where do some of you guys pull this rubbish from? Do you not take any notice or do any research before making such incorrect remarks?

Richmond's win-loss record in the last four games of the season in recent times:

2010 0-4
2009 0-4

A habit of finishing strongly?

This sort of thing worries me with a few clubs.
Richmond, North, Adelaide.
Even Essendon, and we made finals with a game to spare.

The season overall has been poor. There are kids being trialled but not many have come on that would solidify a spot in the 22 of the teams in the 8.
There are some class players on all three lists and some pretty decent veterans too.

But simple fact is at too many times this year did these clubs not produce consistent efforts. All three have to stop looking at the cattle on the park and look at the off-field football areas. West Coast dont look that different from last year where they finished last to this year where they are fourth. Possibly a few extra kids playing in Shuey, Darling, Gaff.

West Coast - 16th to 4th = A+ season
Essendon - 14th to 8th = B- season
North are in the same spot, Richmond have climbed 4 spots and a few % points, and Adelaide have slipped.

Ill throw Port up as an example - they finished 10th last season after taking out 5/6 of their last games. A lot of people tipped them to take the next step and they imploded.
Cattle doesnt matter. Port have a pretty decent list.
Its the off-field stuff these days that create a strong team environment for a good team to grow into an excellent team

Keep that crap off the main board. :thumbsdown:

How is it any different to Ninthmond taking back there rightful spot lulz, not to mention every second post being completly wrong about how we finish every year strongly which we clearly don't.

absolute junk time win.

They simply can't win when there is anything riding on the game.

Maningless season filler game which gives them false hope going into next year.

They needed to beat Gold Coast and Port not the teams at the end when there is no pressure on.

absolute junk time win.

They needed to beat Gold Coast and Port not the teams at the end when there is no pressure on.

i'd be worried about your own team Rocky. Face it, you dropped like a stone this year and you're not coming back any time soon. :p

absolute junk time win.

Junktime wins > junktime losses.

I guess you missed the dreamtime game this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tigers are on the right track. havent seen them have a better side since last time we made it to the finals. we should of made finals this year if we didnt drop those games and what should of been a win against st kilda. we are still missing a few key players witch other people dont mention. newy, connors, grimes, moore, conca, batch, helbig etc.... i wish this thread was made in the the tigers section cause you are always going to get stupid comments from people who dont even know richmond and bring up what has happend in the past will happen again. a lot of know it alls as well. this is a topic that die hard tiger supporters know the answers to. not stuck up biased supporters from other teams. us tiger supporters know where we are at and dont need others to tell us. very impressed with the youngest side in the comp looking to finish 9th. we have already beat our win/loss ration by 2 and a half and the whole side has grown as one. the players are confident, they want to stick together as a team. the light is at the end of the tunnel

So, from all this I can gather a large percentage of all non-Richmond fans think we are not improving. Hopefully it is reflected in the betting odds for the 8 next season and I can take the Tiges at 50-1.

It's weird.
If you told me before the season started that they'd end up around 10th, with 8 or 9 wins, and played plenty of kids for plenty of games, I'd have said "yep, definitely on the right track". Sitting here, right now, it doesn't feel like that; it feels like they've pinched a few of their wins and massively underperformed for big slabs.
I guess what that's saying is there is some talent on the list, but a lot of guys who are inconsistent.
Hardwick has a lot of work to do defensively, IMHO. And yes, that goes beyond the back 6.

I think they're on, or close to the right track. Need to get rid of the "development" mentality/PR speak tho, most sides are in most games.

It's weird.
If you told me before the season started that they'd end up around 10th, with 8 or 9 wins, and played plenty of kids for plenty of games, I'd have said "yep, definitely on the right track". Sitting here, right now, it doesn't feel like that; it feels like they've pinched a few of their wins and massively underperformed for big slabs.
I guess what that's saying is there is some talent on the list, but a lot of guys who are inconsistent.
Hardwick has a lot of work to do defensively, IMHO. And yes, that goes beyond the back 6.

I think they're on, or close to the right track. Need to get rid of the "development" mentality/PR speak tho, most sides are in most games.
This is a fair assessment and a good post.
We need to stop leaking goals, but most of our defence has been injured at some time this season.
The thing is, we are a genuine chance of finishing 9th this season. :eek:

We need to stop leaking goals, but most of our defence has been injured at some time this season.

Beat me to it tugga, was going to say something similar. I think our major problem defencively is we just dont run hard enough when we lose possession. Even against Adelaide on the weekend the only guy I noticed running back was Deledio.

But even then; and there was a thread on your board last year where I made this same point about how well performed our backs were/were not...

It's not so much the guys in the backline, it's the amount of footy coming in, and how well the wings, midfielders, half-backs, back pockets, etc etc co-ordinate, push back and help them out.

The way we were playing under Knights could've crucified Silvagni & Scarlett - let alone Pears/Hooker etc just making their way.
Similar for the Tigs, when they are off, the heads drop, the work rate disappears.
At a Geelong, or Collingwood, every game, there is pressure on the ball, and the defenders have decent contests. At Essendon that happens about 60 or 70% of the time. At Richmond it's probably 40 or 50%.

every year we hear the same thing ...only for them to falter in round one and struggle for the remainder of the year ..and finally winning a few towards the end .

Isn't it about time they actually came out and won some games before round 11 of the season .?

every year we hear the same thing ...only for them to falter in round one and struggle for the remainder of the year ..and finally winning a few towards the end .

Isn't it about time they actually came out and won some games before round 11 of the season .?

Ahh, I love how some people's fantasy of Richmond shall never be defeated by facts. We shall ALWAYS be crap at recruiting and sack our coaches every two years, right?

It was only a few pages ago in this thread, Blues_Man...
Yep you are right like in 2004 where we lost the last 14 games or 2005 when we lost 6 of the last 7 or 2006 where we won 3 of the last 8 (against 3 of the bottom 4 teams) or 2007 where we won 2 of the last 10 or 2009 when we had 2 wins and a Draw in the last 10 or last year when we won 1 of the last 7.

2008 is really the only time it's happened and that was pretty much on the back of Richo and a few senior blokes. Not now when its young kids doing the job!

Remove this Banner Ad

New Tiger Dawn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back