Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

The Athletic’s Connor Hughes reports Jets WR Jeff Smith was the “unquestioned star” of minicamp.​

Smith mixed in with the Jets’ first-team offense in OTA practices. The 2019 UDFA came on late last season, starting the final three games, but was buried on the depth chart this offseason. The Jets re-signed Braxton Berrios and drafted Garrett Wilson with the No. 10 overall pick. Smith looks to be ahead of Denzel Mims, who would clear $1.1 million in cap space if released this preseason.

Loving Zach giving Sauce the ball after he ran in for a TD...:tearsofjoy:

Really hoping Wilson can take a big step fwd this year. Last year wasn’t great by any stretch of the imagination. Going by schedule I can’t see a great season, in terms of wins & losses anyway

Really hoping Wilson can take a big step fwd this year. Last year wasn’t great by any stretch of the imagination. Going by schedule I can’t see a great season, in terms of wins & losses anyway

I still believe as his #1 fanboi, but yea, even my confidence in him took a hit last year, needs a big jump this year if hes going to make it. Doesn't have top be anything special in terms of a win/loss record, just solid QB play and some magic sprinkled in here and there. He cant be the reason why the Jets lose games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still believe as his #1 fanboi, but yea, even my confidence in him took a hit last year, needs a big jump this year if hes going to make it. Doesn't have top be anything special in terms of a win/loss record, just solid QB play and some magic sprinkled in here and there. He cant be the reason why the Jets lose games.
Correct. The Jets have added some pieces over the Summer to help aid Wilson with the likes of TE’s Uzomah & Conklin. Also Hall at RB, Wilson at WR & Tomlinson on the OL. Losing Becton hurts but I feel the pieces are in place for Zach to succeed

Denzel Mims has requested a trade.​

The Athletic reported 19 days ago that Mims was expected to forego a trade request, but he has apparently spent enough time with the second- and third-string offense. For the Jets' part, they should have made a move ages ago when it was clear Mims was not in the new coaching staff's plans. Now the 2020 second-rounder is unlikely to fetch more than a conditional Day 3 pick, if that. We doubt Mims remains on the Jets' Week 1 roster.

00Stinger :(

Breece Hall rushed five times for 13 yards in New York's 31-27 win over the Giants in the preseason finale.​

Michael Carter outsnapped the rookie 12-to-9 in the final preseason game, but at least Hall worked with the ones to some extent. The Jets starting offense didn't get a lot going, and 11 of Hall's 13 yards came on one carry. It's hard to see this backfield as anything better than a 40/60 split in favor of Carter to start the season, but Hall should eventually cut into that. Carter rushed four times for 10 yards, adding a catch on two targets for 10 additional yards.

Breece Hall rushed five times for 13 yards in New York's 31-27 win over the Giants in the preseason finale.​

Michael Carter outsnapped the rookie 12-to-9 in the final preseason game, but at least Hall worked with the ones to some extent. The Jets starting offense didn't get a lot going, and 11 of Hall's 13 yards came on one carry. It's hard to see this backfield as anything better than a 40/60 split in favor of Carter to start the season, but Hall should eventually cut into that. Carter rushed four times for 10 yards, adding a catch on two targets for 10 additional yards.
So much for getting an instant offensive weapon

Love how they don't mention that carter fumbled the ball and lost it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Back