Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have given the Browns fans an "I still own you" Aaron Rodgers style.

Flacco definitely owns the Browns. He has an 18-3 all-time record against Cleveland, and a 99-81 record overall.

I take it all back. Flacco you God among men.

Terrific catch from Garrett Wilson to secure the win, especially after dropping one earlier in the game.

Wilson was incredible today...

Was that our best win since the Divisional playoff game in Gillette?

Hmmm, the Week 16 game win against the Pats in the Fitzpatrick year was pretty good (ignoring the Week 17 debacle).

Normal service resumed. Beaten in all three aspects of the game by the Bengals and, to be honest, if it wasn't for the Browns shitting the bed in the last 90 seconds of the week 2 game, the Jets would be 0-3 and deservedly so. For mine, Saleh has all the hallmarks of a decent coordinator promoted above his area of competence and the Jets should be looking for a new head coach at the end of the season. His attachment to Jeff Ulbrich is bizarre, since the defence can't rush the quarterback worth a damn and the secondary (apart from Sauce and DJ Reed) is a dumpster fire.

Normal service resumed. Beaten in all three aspects of the game by the Bengals and, to be honest, if it wasn't for the Browns shitting the bed in the last 90 seconds of the week 2 game, the Jets would be 0-3 and deservedly so. For mine, Saleh has all the hallmarks of a decent coordinator promoted above his area of competence and the Jets should be looking for a new head coach at the end of the season. His attachment to Jeff Ulbrich is bizarre, since the defence can't rush the quarterback worth a damn and the secondary (apart from Sauce and DJ Reed) is a dumpster fire.

Lawson signing looking nearly as bad as the Trumaine Johnson at this stage. Williams having a nice year but cant get any pressure on the edge sadly.

Lawson signing looking nearly as bad as the Trumaine Johnson at this stage. Williams having a nice year but cant get any pressure on the edge sadly.

Coming back from an Achilles tear is going to take time, and he may never be the player the Jets thought when they signed him away from the Bengals. Until Jermaine Johnson gets up to speed, it's also going to be hard for Lawson to generate pressure coming off the edge, because it is such a one-dimensional way of generating pressure. I don't necessarily ding Douglas for signing Lawson away from the Bengals, because tearing your Achilles in pre-season couldn't really be foreseen.

The bigger stuff-up is signing John Franklin-Myers to a big contract on the basis of what was a purple patch of form, when he's done nothing since and then gave up a pretty crucial penalty to extend a Bengals drive that ended up scoring.

Yeah, that wasn't great. The D was especially bad, couldn't get to Burrow at all early on.

Weird circumstance with the feed cutting during the 4th quarter meaning the studio guys had to call the game. Sapped a lot of energy from the broadcast.

We'll see if Wilson comes back next week...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jets head coach Robert Saleh said he's expecting Zach Wilson (knee) to return in Week 4.​

The Jets head coach also noted that "until the doctors say so, I'm just going to say he's being evaluated." Now at 1-2 on the season, the Jets are understandably excited to get the former No. 2 overall pick back in the fold after a preseason injury knocked him out for the first three weeks of the season. Saleh has long maintained that the team won't force Wilson onto the field until the team doctors have fully cleared him, but it sounds like that moment is nearing. The Jets take on the Steelers in Week 4.

Jets placed LT George Fant (knee) on injured reserve.​

The Cedric Ogbuehi signing earlier in the day was a precursor to this move. The Jets will have fourth-round pick Max Mitchell and long-time backup Conor McDermott as starters outside. It's not an ideal situation for Zach Wilson's comeback.

Feels great to have feeling in these games again....

We have issues, a lot of issues but what a 4th quarter comeback

I wasn't a fan of taking Gardner with a top five pick in the draft, because I generally subscribe to the view that a pass rusher can disrupt the offence better than a lockdown corner, but Gardner has had an amazing start to his NFL career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Back