Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Robinson has been fairly average outside of a couple of long runs. Achilles tears are tough injuries to come back from. Would have preferred the Jets kicked the tyres on a Kareem Hunt trade, as Hunt is good enough to start, would only be a rental to the end of the season and the Jets could have potentially recouped the capital outlay by getting a comp pick for him leaving in free agency. Having said all that, a conditional sixth round pick for Robinson is certainly a fair price to pay for him, and he'll have the chance to contribute.

I'm more concerned about the fact the Jets are now going to start Cedric Ogbuehi at right tackle for the rest of the season., or at least until George Fant is back up to speed (Fant is eligible to come off IR, but Saleh indicated that he likely won't be playing this week).

Losing Hall is a body blow, he was really coming on and was a key cog in the offence.

Hope this doesn't limit him long term as he was tracking to be a star.
Saquon and Henry came back after knee injuries but it took them a year to regain their pre-injury form - so probably 2024 season for Hall going off that.

Losing Hall is a body blow, he was really coming on and was a key cog in the offence.

Hope this doesn't limit him long term as he was tracking to be a star.

Yeah, going from that run yesterday to that knee injury is a huge downer. Going from looking like one of the special rookie seasons to another Jets misfortune. This sport is brutal.

We're still a shot to beat the Pats with the way our D is atm but Zach's accuracy yesterday was concerning, really struggled. And we're now going to have to rely on him more. Cue BB having his way next Sunday.

Douglas gave him a lucrative contract extension and ever since then, he's been awful. But Wilson still has to shoulder the majority of the blame for the loss.

I shudder to think what about the Bills defence will do to him next week.

Douglas gave him a lucrative contract extension and ever since then, he's been awful. But Wilson still has to shoulder the majority of the blame for the loss.

I shudder to think what about the Bills defence will do to him next week.

Yeah and no. We get that pick 6 and we're up 17-3 with all the momentum, completely different ball game. We've had too many roughing the penalties and that one cost us the game today. Sometimes games do actually come down to one play.

Wilson's accuracy has been a concern right from the start, he threw some great ones today but they have been mixed in with too many completely inaccurate throws. The interceptions were next level bad as well.

And that's the problem with losing that game now, next week against the Bills is a most likely loss. We are then 5-4 into our bye week (still incredibly happy with that) and then we head back into Foxborough which pretty much becomes must-win.

This sport is brutal.

Yeah and no. We get that pick 6 and we're up 17-3 with all the momentum, completely different ball game. We've had too many roughing the penalties and that one cost us the game today. Sometimes games do actually come down to one play.

Wilson's accuracy has been a concern right from the start, he threw some great ones today but they have been mixed in with too many completely inaccurate throws. The interceptions were next level bad as well.

And that's the problem with losing that game now, next week against the Bills is a most likely loss. We are then 5-4 into our bye week (still incredibly happy with that) and then we head back into Foxborough which pretty much becomes must-win.

This sport is brutal.

Wilson cannot handle the pressure that he'll face when playing an NFL-calibre defence. He's good enough when he has a clean pocket and has time to throw, but you cannot expect your offensive line to block all pressure. Before today's game, he was rated last by PFF with 23.1 passing grade under pressure. Before today's game, he had completed five of 31 pass attempts against pressure.

Somehow, I don't think today's effort will make any difference:

The Jets have put together a roster that could well make the playoffs, even with Hall and AVT no longer available this season. It'd be a damned shame if their quarterback play holds them back from breaking the streak of no playoff appearances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like White is in a strong position to come off the bench next game the moment Wilson makes a boneheaded play

White did throw four picks the last time he played Buffalo. If I were the Jets' coaches, I'd sacrifice Wilson to the Bills and then spend the bye week preparing White to take over against the Patriots in New England, unless Wilson miraculously turns it around against Buffalo next week.

******* abysmal - was jumping out of my seat with the pick 6 only for it to be called back then all downhill from there. Wilson is not the answer, he's just another Sam Darnold.

I think it's unfair to put him with Darnold. His escapability is up there with some of the best and that for reason alone he still more exciting than anything we have had in years. Just the accuracy is frustrating, there is an impressive arm there, just got to cut out the bad throws.

There's absolute no reason to give up on him yet.

White did throw four picks the last time he played Buffalo. If I were the Jets' coaches, I'd sacrifice Wilson to the Bills and then spend the bye week preparing White to take over against the Patriots in New England, unless Wilson miraculously turns it around against Buffalo next week.
Wilson's attitude seems the issue, like his quote today about not wanting to throw the ball away but try to hero ball it ...it comes across as. Not sure White is worth it tho, he'll have a big game, and then when announced starter, DCs will deconstruct him again.

I think it's unfair to put him with Darnold. His escapability is up there with some of the best and that for reason alone he still more exciting than anything we have had in years. Just the accuracy is frustrating, there is an impressive arm there, just got to cut out the bad throws.

There's absolute no reason to give up on him yet.
He's similar to Darnold in that he looks good and can make plays when given time but under pressure he falls to water.

Being able to escape the pressure is pointless if you just run around for 5 seconds before turning it over. He's shown nothing since his debut that indicates he will be a long term prospect at QB - the Jets should be looking for an alternative this coming off season. If Saleh was smart he would be otherwise his coaching career will be over shortly.

This team is a QB away from being a pretty good side.

I hoped Wilson was the answer, especially given it's only his 18th game as a starter, but the signs are not good.

Give him the chance to bounce back over the next few games, and see if the team can get back on the winners list. If not, the cupboard is pretty bare with Mike White as the number 2, unless he has somehow improved unexpectedly.

Somehow Geno Smith is having this sort of season:
1667185207657.png

Which just makes me laugh, given that he'd probably take the team further this season than Wilson will.

Lack of quality offensive line has hurt Wilson and previous darnold qb development. I’d ve fixing that before qb.
If Wilson doesn’t handle pressure well put him in situations where he doesn’t face much short passes and screens come to mind.

Lack of quality offensive line has hurt Wilson and previous darnold qb development. I’d ve fixing that before qb.
If Wilson doesn’t handle pressure well put him in situations where he doesn’t face much short passes and screens come to mind.

The offensive line has been okay, even with the different personnel that have been playing (and the Jets will start getting some starters back soon, with Max Mitchell and George Fant slated to come off IR in the next couple of weeks).

As Demonic Ascent pointed out, Wilson will scramble (usually going backwards) and then try a dumb throw instead of taking the smart option. Wilson struggles to step up in the pocket; his first instinct is to roll out the back of the pocket, which makes it difficult for him. Wilson is a decent quarterback if he is able to get the ball to his first read, but like so many Jets quarterbacks before him (Darnold, Sanchez are two that come to mind) if he is forced to go to his second or third read, he has trouble doing it.

FWIW, I don't think White is the answer at QB either. Douglas has done a reasonable job improving the roster, but trading a pick to the Eagles for a washed Joe Flacco to back up Wilson last year was not the right play.

Im with matt, outside two silly INTs today that are easy to clean up, he showed something for the first time in weeks today, especially early in the game, he made some sweet passes. Was nice to see Wilson and Wilson connect like they did a few times.

Wonder what would have happened if JFM didnt do what he did. Everything changed after HT.

Wilson struggles to step up in the pocket; his first instinct is to roll out the back of the pocket, which makes it difficult for him.

I was thinking about this the other day - scrambling out of the pocket so quickly not only makes it difficult for him (having to make throws on the move) it also makes it hard for the O-line as they now have a larger area to protect behind them. The defenders can see where Wilson is moving too so have the advantage and it makes it easier for them to get around the O-line.

Wilson needs to start staying in the pocket and getting rid of it quickly if options aren't there - it's OK to bail out of a play if you're under pressure instead of scrambling and trying to force something. If you do bail out though just make sure the ball actually goes out of bounds when you throw it out!!

Im with matt, outside two silly INTs today that are easy to clean up, he showed something for the first time in weeks today, especially early in the game, he made some sweet passes. Was nice to see Wilson and Wilson connect like they did a few times.

Wonder what would have happened if JFM didnt do what he did. Everything changed after HT.

Would've been up 17-3 with the crowd rocking and Jones on the back foot - instead it's 10-6 and momentum swinging to the Pats.

Haven't been this angry after a game since we lost to the Bills to miss out on playoffs with Fitzpatrick at QB.

Would've been up 17-3 with the crowd rocking and Jones on the back foot - instead it's 10-6 and momentum swinging to the Pats.

Haven't been this angry after a game since we lost to the Bills to miss out on playoffs with Fitzpatrick at QB.

At least with this one we have been so freaking bad the last 5 or so years that being 5-3 calms me down a bit.

That Bills loss still hurts when I think about it.

Jets coach Robert Saleh said he does not expect Elijah Moore to be traded by Tuesday's trade deadline.​

Moore, who pointed out on Sunday that he doesn't get the ball, is looking for a one-way ticket of town. However, Saleh and the Jets appear unwilling to deal the second-year receiver despite playing him on just 10 snaps in Week 8's loss to the Patriots. Whether or not the Jets stick to their word remains to be seen, but this isn't the first time the Jets have publicly denied Moore's request for a trade. Moore has 16 catches for 203 yards this season but hasn't been targeted since the team's Week 5 matchup against the Dolphins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Back