NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo NE cap looks okay, rest are horrid. Adelaide cap unsurprisingly has the new abomination logo, and is thus not even worth considering.

Prefer fitted bent brim hats, but trashy kids will be all over these.

I hate the flat-brimmed hats but might buy the MFC one if the peaks can be bent. I prefer the current monogram caps they have for members and at the MFC store but prefer the fitted hats over the snap backs so havent bought one yet.

Definitely trash the stickers though, that just looks ridiculous. Next they'll be keeping the tags on all the clothes with the price-tag showing - after all whats the point of spending big on an Ed Hardy t-shirt if no-one can see how much you've spent?

deliverance_squeal_little_piggy_parody_hat-p148700178340069643enxqz_400.jpg

6 pages on this thread just demonstrates that we're all getting older. i'm sure we wore stupid shit when we were 13... didn't we?

oh and fwiw i bought a nice fitted 39thirty mets batting practice cap from citifield last year, and the sticker was gone somewhere between the cash register and the door.

I once saw someone I know from high school at a party. He was wearing a NY Giants hat. I asked him about the Giants and mentioned Eli Manning. All I got was blank stares. I don't even think he knew he was wearing a Giants hat. This sort of thing makes me sad! It's like these people are walking billboards or something.

I once saw someone I know from high school at a party. He was wearing a NY Giants hat. I asked him about the Giants and mentioned Eli Manning. All I got was blank stares. I don't even think he knew he was wearing a Giants hat. This sort of thing makes me sad! It's like these people are walking billboards or something.

Is that like how every asian person I have ever met supports Manchester United and Houston Rockets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The logos look terrible; I think a red MFC on a navy background would do or like the NRL or NFL ones just have Melbourne written across the front. That said, I still don't think I'd ever buy one, because a) they probably wouldn't fit my big scone properly; b) even with the changes I mentioned they'd look ordinary and c) they are the hallmark of the modern wanker.
However, if lotsa d'bag 14 year olds want to buy some Melbourne ones to be 'cool' I won't mind the financial support for the club, but I hope no one assumes they are a reflection of actual Melbourne fans.

The logos look terrible; I think a red MFC on a navy background would do or like the NRL or NFL ones just have Melbourne written across the front. That said, I still don't think I'd ever buy one, because a) they probably wouldn't fit my big scone properly; b) even with the changes I mentioned they'd look ordinary and c) they are the hallmark of the modern Moo.
However, if lotsa d'bag 14 year olds want to buy some Melbourne ones to be 'cool' I won't mind the financial support for the club, but I hope no one assumes they are a reflection of actual Melbourne fans.

You word rather that Melbourne fans were seen as nerdy out-of-touch drags who haven't updated their style from the early 90s?

Can someone pleas explain to me what is wrong with the AFL making caps in the most popular current style is?

HOW DARE THEY MAKE BEANIES WITHOUT POMPOMS ON THEM!

You word rather that Melbourne fans were seen as nerdy out-of-touch drags who haven't updated their style from the early 90s?

Can someone pleas explain to me what is wrong with the AFL making caps in the most popular current style is?

HOW DARE THEY MAKE BEANIES WITHOUT POMPOMS ON THEM!
It's a smart move by the AFL yes and it should boost merch sales for clubs which I think is goo., I'm just saying I probably won't buy one and they are predominantly popular with tools who just want to be 'cool' not actually AFL or club supporters, which irks me somewhat as they will most likely be bought by said tools, and people will associate the club/AFL with that sort of image/person. I know Melbourne fans are often seen as the wealthy, fair-weather kind who bugger off to the snow each year but to be honest I'd rather that than be seen as the dregs of society who buy a cap like this to jump on the latest fad so they can out-douche their mates.

It's a smart move by the AFL yes and it should boost merch sales for clubs which I think is goo., I'm just saying I probably won't buy one and they are predominantly popular with tools who just want to be 'cool' not actually AFL or club supporters, which irks me somewhat as they will most likely be bought by said tools, and people will associate the club/AFL with that sort of image/person. I know Melbourne fans are often seen as the wealthy, fair-weather kind who bugger off to the snow each year but to be honest I'd rather that than be seen as the dregs of society who buy a cap like this to jump on the latest fad so they can out-douche their mates.

Dregs? As in, people who vaguely keep up with the times whose style evolves periodically?

Are you wearing flares?

One day North will make some merch with the word 'North' on it instead of kangaroos, might sell some then.

Dregs? As in, people who vaguely keep up with the times whose style evolves periodically?

Are you wearing flares?
Well, perhaps I am being too strong with 'dregs', but I'm 19, don't own or wear caps like these at all, yet I would say I'm reasonably well dressed and 'up with the times'. This is a fad amongst mostly mid-teens who are trying to be cool. I don't know anyone older than me who owns one, and of the people I know who do own one (or more, as they do it for the 'cool' factor, not because they support a team) most are w***ers and painful to be around for more than a few minutes because they exude idiocy.

EDIT: Also, flares are awesome. :p

The logos look terrible; I think a red MFC on a navy background would do or like the NRL or NFL ones just have Melbourne written across the front. That said, I still don't think I'd ever buy one, because a) they probably wouldn't fit my big scone properly; b) even with the changes I mentioned they'd look ordinary and c) they are the hallmark of the modern wanker.

Dude lighten up, it's just a hat.

Hats aren't aimed at you fat old nerds.

Lol @ tracker hats, bring on 2003!

This is the type of hat everyone under 30 wears at the moment, no one short of 60 year olds Is going to buy other styles.

Kids all over Australia are wearing nba snap backs with teams they've never heard of on them, these will sell.
I'm way under 30 and I don't wear those douchey caps. I just wear my 2011 Lions member cap (my 2012 one is signed), plain maroon design, has real Lion on the back.

But again I do consider myself a non-conformist.

Remove this Banner Ad

NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back