NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

I used to be able to take pride in the fact that my three favourite sports (Aussie Rules, Cricket and Football/Soccer) don't have new era caps. Now that AFL clubs have them, I'm just glad the Lions one is ugly as sin.

Hats aren't aimed at you fat old nerds.

Lol @ tracker hats, bring on 2003!

This is the type of hat everyone under 30 wears at the moment, no one short of 60 year olds Is going to buy other styles.

Kids all over Australia are wearing nba snap backs with teams they've never heard of on them, these will sell.
I'm under 30. When I wear a hat, which is rarely, I do it to actually cover my eyes.

It's just that almost everyone I have met wearing a new era cap is a douchebag.

Without commenting on the ridiculous generalisation, are you saying that introducing new era hats as AFL merch is going to turn regular folk into douchebags? Or do you understand that douchebag fans already exist, and this latest line of merch shouldn't affect you in the slightest?

God no. I like the members style caps we have now so I'll probably stick to them.

Prefer the new GWS hat

GWSHat.jpg

Are they trying to align the sport with the image of Nascar, pro wrestling and illegal dog fights?

Without commenting on the ridiculous generalisation, are you saying that introducing new era hats as AFL merch is going to turn regular folk into douchebags? Or do you understand that douchebag fans already exist, and this latest line of merch shouldn't affect you in the slightest?
I understand douchebag fans already exist. Every team in every sport has them. Considering how ugly the Lions one is I'm glad no-one will be wearing it for "fashion".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving all the hate just because of the stickers. Its the "thing" to do, you leave the stickers on, its "fashion" it happens, get over it.
The stickers are fantastic for allowing people to recognise the person wearing the hat is not worth associating with:thumbsu:

I brought a retro/vintage style trucker hat and it looks 1000x better then any flat brimmed wigger hat

It's just that almost everyone I have met wearing a new era cap is a douchebag.

You really are a tool. What about when snapbacks and flat brim caps weren't in fashion, and when New Era were just making normal peak caps 10-15 years ago?!?

New Era have been the official supplier for the MLB for god knows how long. I wear a normal peak New Era cap with the San Francisco Giants logo on it. I have gone to America to see them play at AT&T Park. Does that make me a douchebag?

Stop generalising.

Thought thread was going to be something about Melbourne and witches hats :confused:

If you wear them, do you have to have a fat gut, sit on and esky, chew tobacco and be called Billy-Bob or Bobby-Joe?

Remove this Banner Ad

NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back