Next Coach Sacked - 2023 edition

Next coached sacked or forced to resign.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone's realised Carr is calling the shots and Hinkley's been relegated to boundary cheerleader.

Ken probably doesn't even get invited to match committee meetings anymore.
What's the source Carr is calling the shots?

Everyone's realised Carr is calling the shots and Hinkley's been relegated to boundary cheerleader.

Whilst that may be true if Port win the flag this year then Ken will go down as a Premiership winning coach in the history books

What's the source Carr is calling the shots?

I think that's a myth because Port people don't want to admit that Hinkley is doing a good job.

I think Assistant Coaches get all the praise when things are going well but escape scrutiny when they go bad.

Why does everyone hate Ken Hinkley so badly at Port Adelaide, you guys are freckin 2nd :$

Take me back to the good old days in 2011/2012 when M.Primus was leading the Tarp Parade at West Lakes :drunk:

* Will always remember being at the ground and watching that come by behind victory against North Melbourne in 2012 though, what a game.
Port long standing supporter have an inherent distrust of "outsiders" added to the old Port Adelaide Magpies matra of we win the premiership or we fail.

There's never been an acceptance that making finals under a foreign coach was good enough.

Port long standing supporter have an inherent distrust of "outsiders" added to the old Port Adelaide Magpies matra of we win the premiership or we fail.

There's never been an acceptance that making finals under a foreign coach was good enough.
Imagine if the club were actually in the doldrums for 5+ years, Alberton Oval would be burned down to ashes :shoutyoldman:

Why does everyone hate Ken Hinkley so badly at Port Adelaide, you guys are freckin 2nd :$

Take me back to the good old days in 2011/2012 when M.Primus was leading the Tarp Parade at West Lakes :drunk:

* Will always remember being at the ground and watching that come by behind victory against North Melbourne in 2012 though, what a game.
Would you like him a your club?

Is that an Alex Lahey reference?

Feelinhg a bit sorry for Stewie Dew. The argument of "we only lost by a goal last time and we lost by a bunch last weekend" is ignoring the fact that Collingwood were still working things out but tin-arcing their way through a lot of games, whereas this year they are up and running and regularly killing teams.
Yeah they have their issues, but the last 2 weeks aside (losing after the bye like most this year, and then getting pumped by a certain grand-finalist) they've generally looked alright.

I think that's a myth because Port people don't want to admit that Hinkley is doing a good job.

I think Assistant Coaches get all the praise when things are going well but escape scrutiny when they go bad.
Think you've nailed the Port supporter mindset there.

Interesting that the two teams dominating the comp have coaches who appear to be great people managers, who coach from the bench and who are supported by astute assistants. Almost like you neeall great coaching team to be successful, rather than one messiah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New order

1. Dew
2. Simmo
3. Longmire

Freo have a top 6 list. Massive disappointment.
Too many poor games.

Voss is now safe.
assuming you meant Longmuir. Longmire is an interesting topic but not for this thread

Voss was always safe. board had to back him and it's his start to 2024 that will define him. though i said the same on Rutten...so a couple of 10 goal losses could change that

last month has proven nought for the blues.

I think the AFL's moved on from mid-year coach sackings and I don't see any coach being sacked before the end of this season.

I highly doubt Dew and Longmuir coach their current clubs in 2024.. but given their seasons are shot there's no incentive to sack either coach now.

I'm also not sold that Clarkson returns full-time so North might also be in the market. I don't think Brett Ratten would be the permanent solution in that situation.

Competition for Dimma's signature would have been hot if the AFL didn't get involved and brown paper bag him all the way to Queensland.

I think the AFL's moved on from mid-year coach sackings and I don't see any coach being sacked before the end of this season.

I highly doubt Dew and Longmuir coach their current clubs in 2024.. but given their seasons are shot there's no incentive to sack either coach now.

I'm also not sold that Clarkson returns full-time so North might also be in the market. I don't think Brett Ratten would be the permanent solution in that situation.

Competition for Dimma's signature would have been hot if the AFL didn't get involved and brown paper bag him all the way to Queensland.
Don't think they have "moved on".

Noble was sacked in July last year.

Will happen again at some stage

Remove this Banner Ad

Next Coach Sacked - 2023 edition

Back