Next eight weeks will decide Geelong's place in history

Remove this Banner Ad

Mackattack

Draftee
Aug 19, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Geelong
Interesting article at The Roar discussing how the Cats will be remembered. It would be great to see us match the Lions and cement ourselves as one of the greats.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2010/08/07/next-eight-weeks-will-decide-geelongs-place-in-history/

Next eight weeks will decide Geelong’s place in history

Premierships are the most valuable commodity in discussions of greatness and for the Cats, they have this year and this year only to match Brisbane’s record of lifting the cup three times from four straight attempts, which it did between 2001 and 2004. Granted, the Lions pulled off a three-peat, but consistency over a four-year period is no easy feat in its own right.

In fact, the Cats far superior record in the home and away season could very well see them surpass the Lions, who did not claim a minor premiership, let alone win more than 17 games, in a single regular season.

Should Geelong win their next four games, aside from claiming a third minor premiership, they will have won 18 or more games in all four of their years at the top. A truly remarkable record if they can pull it off.

I really hope we do it again this year, imo we deserve it, we have been the best for the last 4 years. GO CATS !!!!

It would be a monumental effort but I would have to remain satisfied, as I said I would last year, with the two premierships if thats all we can deliver.

Minor premiership this year isn't realistic is it?

It's not out the the question but doubtful, Collingwoods only danger game will be against the Hawks, they should run over Essendon and Adelaide. If Geelong can beat the Doggies we have a small chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Next eight weeks will decide Geelong's place in history

Remove this Banner Ad

Back