Next flag - Carlton, Essendon or Richmond?

Who will win their next flag first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only concerned with the future, what has happened in the past is irrelevant, Collingwood look as far off their next flag as much as the other three do..

With 4 top 10 draft picks in the last 2 years and a bunch of other top 20 picks and a bunch of other quality youngsters, I'm not sure I'd agree with this at all.

People talk about Chapman, Cooney, Goddard, Watson retiring and once they are gone then that's the last chance they'll get at a premiership. But there is every reason they can get more veterans like that. It does appear to be an attractive place for free agents.

Toss a coin between Essendon and Richmond. Wait ten years and then you can include Carlton. They need a major rebuild to begin climbing the ladder again.

In what bizaro universe are any of these teams anywhere near Freo, Sydney, Hawks and now Adelaide?

This crap happens every year. Bombers bash people early then fade to shizen, the Tigers scrape into the finals and get polexed by any side nearing competitiveness.

Give it up chaps, none of us are anywhere near it.

Are you serious? I'm a Richmond member and Vickery is a ******* joke.

Vickery had potential in 2011, he's now depth.

Rance, Riewoldt, Carlisle and Hooker are my favourite players right now from both sides. In no particular order.

Rule a line through Vickery, Pears, Grimes, Chaplin.

Hurley and Griffiths have the most upside.

Yes Vickery is depth, that is what I was saying. But he's miles better than whoever Essendons third tall is. And despite his spudness, he is a more prolific goalkicker than both Carlisle and Daniher.

In what bizaro universe are any of these teams anywhere near Freo, Sydney, Hawks and now Adelaide?

This crap happens every year. Bombers bash people early then fade to shizen, the Tigers scrape into the finals and get polexed by any side nearing competitiveness.

Give it up chaps, none of us are anywhere near it.

So Adelaide are gonna be top 4 now on the back of one awesome game and two solid games?

No, on having a really good side that under performed due to a spud coach last year.

Have you seen them play?

They aint the Tigers buddy.

Yes I've seen them play, look at my location. They were awesome against North, great early on against Collingwood and solid enough against Melbourne. I'm not gonna go sucking their dicks just yet though.

Port will beat Adelaide comfortably in 2 weeks and the hype will die down. Essendon and Richmond are on the same level as them, along with NM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond have better talls than the Bombers.

Riewoldt, Griffiths, Vickery
Carlisle, Daniher, ?????

Rance, Astbury, Chaplin/Grimes
Hooker, Hurley, Fletcher/Pears

I'm not sure why their spine is getting so much hype.
I'd take ????? ahead of Vickery to be honest.

Richmond have better talls than the Bombers.

Riewoldt, Griffiths, Vickery
Carlisle, Daniher, ?????

Rance, Astbury, Chaplin/Grimes
Hooker, Hurley, Fletcher/Pears

I'm not sure why their spine is getting so much hype.

Not even close.

Riewoldt is decent but he's not going to improve a great deal. Griffiths is one that has a bit of scope for improvement but is (IMO) never going to be a #1 target. Carlisle is ahead of him now and projects as a better long term player. Daniher will be something else, he has the potential to be one of the very best forwards in the league.

Rance is very good but I rate Hooker slightly higher. Hurley is far far better than Astbury. The rest are irrelevant really.

Yes Vickery is depth, that is what I was saying. But he's miles better than whoever Essendons third tall is. And despite his spudness, he is a more prolific goalkicker than both Carlisle and Daniher.

Our third tall is Ambrose and he is currently 6th in the AFL for tackles. He is there to provide forward pressure and run all day and guess what. he has done that.

Would be nice to have him kick some scores but I am more than happy to take him in a side above Vickery as a third tall.

Our third tall is Ambrose and he is currently 6th in the AFL for tackles. He is there to provide forward pressure and run all day and guess what. he has done that.

Would be nice to have him kick some scores but I am more than happy to take him in a side above Vickery as a third tall.

Ambrose isn't really a third tall... he's 185cm!

Ambrose isn't really a third tall... he's 185cm!
He's 192-193. I was standing next to him at the VFL on Sunday and he was a good 2 inches taller than me (and I'm 6'2")

185cms
Doesn't kick goals
Provides forward pressure

Sounds like Steve Morris. I would never call him a tall.

Not even close.

Riewoldt is decent but he's not going to improve a great deal. Griffiths is one that has a bit of scope for improvement but is (IMO) never going to be a #1 target. Carlisle is ahead of him now and projects as a better long term player. Daniher will be something else, he has the potential to be one of the very best forwards in the league.

Rance is very good but I rate Hooker slightly higher. Hurley is far far better than Astbury. The rest are irrelevant really.

Lol at calling Riewoldt "decent" and then hyping up a couple of guys who have never kicked 30 goals in a year. Even Tyrone has managed that.

Lol at calling Riewoldt "decent" and then hyping up a couple of guys who have never kicked 30 goals in a year. Even Tyrone has managed that.

Just to be clear Riewoldt is clearly ahead of both now, but I don't see him getting better and I think Carlisle and Daniher both have the ability to surpass him. This thread is about who is projected to be over time and push to become a premiership winning list. In my view Essendon is clearly ahead and I think one of the key reasons is how much better their talls are going to be than Richmond's.

People talk about Chapman, Cooney, Goddard, Watson retiring and once they are gone then that's the last chance they'll get at a premiership. But there is every reason they can get more veterans like that. It does appear to be an attractive place for free agents.

Is that because they have some sort of anti ageing stuff down there?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back