NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

So looking at the final 3 rounds, I don't see Monty or Hurst winning another game and only game i reckon Eltham and Whittlesea can win is the clash against each other in the last round. Could be a relegation play off Eltham v Whittlesea

I think the top 5 is finalised and it's just jockeying for positions now. The relegation battle is where the interest it at the moment.

The run home

Hurstbridge : Northcote, Greensborough, WPreston
Montmorency : Macleod, Northcote, Heidelberg
Whittlesea : Heidelberg, Bundoora, Eltham
Eltham : Greensborough, Heidelberg, Whittlesea

Eltham beat Greensy Round 1, so they could be a smokey this week. Hurstbridge have the toughest run

My tip for relegation is Whittlesea

Tips for this week. Going for a few upsets

Bundoora v WP - less than 10 points
Eltham v Greensborough - less than 10 points
Mont v Macleod - 4 goals
Whittlesea v Heid - 5 goals
Hustbridge v NP - less than 10 points

Anyone at Bergers v Whit? 1p would have been a massive last minute.

Saw a few Tiger supporters unwilling to travel that far late pm Sat (after a few froffs) who started to mention that they had already given up on the year and have no interest in next few games and already signed 8 players (including a few ex juniors so no massive points) for next year.

Smart Club ran smart, like them or hate them they work smart.

Anyone at Bergers v Whit? 1p would have been a massive last minute.

Saw a few Tiger supporters unwilling to travel that far late pm Sat (after a few froffs) who started to mention that they had already given up on the year and have no interest in next few games and already signed 8 players (including a few ex juniors so no massive points) for next year.

Smart Club ran smart, like them or hate them they work smart.

Time will tell on that statement Denny, they need u/19's already 2 years without them and that will hurt the list eventually! They need younger people at their club, if they can retain the players they currently have and bring in 8 players including ex juniors then that is exactly what they need!

Time will tell on that statement Denny, they need u/19's already 2 years without them and that will hurt the list eventually! They need younger people at their club, if they can retain the players they currently have and bring in 8 players including ex juniors then that is exactly what they need!
Whilst they have the bankroll, it will continue to be a revolving door, it's worked for them the last decade, so it's doubtful fielding a 19s is a priority

Whilst they have the bankroll, it will continue to be a revolving door, it's worked for them the last decade, so it's doubtful fielding a 19s is a priority
I was talking to a relatively well known local businessman who's son was approached to play 19's for Heidelberg, prior to this season. His son is a private school kid who chose to stay put with his mates at their current club. I jokingly said "that perhaps Heidelberg should pay people to play 19's". His response was "funny you should say that, because they did offer to pay match payments". Just one conversation, so I rightfully expect people from Heidelberg to say it's rubbish, but interesting and perhaps desperate approach if true. Wonder if it would come under salary cap??

I was talking to a relatively well known local businessman who's son was approached to play 19's for Heidelberg, prior to this season. His son is a private school kid who chose to stay put with his mates at their current club. I jokingly said "that perhaps Heidelberg should pay people to play 19's". His response was "funny you should say that, because they did offer to pay match payments". Just one conversation, so I rightfully expect people from Heidelberg to say it's rubbish, but interesting and perhaps desperate approach if true. Wonder if it would come under salary cap??

Absolutely it comes under salary cap & if you narrowed it down to best players awards that too. Would be under table & not disclosed anywhere based on where I think Heidelberg would be with player payments at senior level, would not be much room.

If they're going to be good senior players then they should be paid. What's the problem?

Pretty sad state of affairs really, what's next start paying your under 13s and 14s to stick around???
The fact you think it's ok to pay kids to play under 19s, speaks volumes of where your football club is at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sad state of affairs really, what's next start paying your under 13s and 14s to stick around???
The fact you think it's ok to pay kids to play under 19s, speaks volumes of where your football club is at.

Hey dickhead no need to be sad, Bakos,Cecchin, Daniels, Fable, Goss,Honey, Silic, Stapleton, Sutterby, Wilson and Wilson are all U/19 and were all paid for their respective games that they played in the SENIORS They have all re signed and the ones that are still U19 next year and play in the SENIORS will be paid for those games. What's the problem ?
But you are right, it does speak volumes about where the club is at.

Hey dickhead no need to be sad, Bakos,Cecchin, Daniels, Fable, Goss,Honey, Silic, Stapleton, Sutterby, Wilson and Wilson are all U/19 and were all paid for their respective games that they played in the SENIORS They have all re signed and the ones that are still U19 next year and play in the SENIORS will be paid for those games. What's the problem ?

Your mate Oxy was implying that there is no harm in paying players to play under 19s. Not Seniors.
You can rattle off all the names you want, nothing will change, you will bring in another 8-10 players next year and burn the majority of the names you mentioned above anyway, just like you have with all your coaching staff this year... #volumes

To make it clear, my previous post related to guys being paid to play 19's, not 19's being paid to play seniors.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back