NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance the league could have moved the game to Sunday to avoid the A.F.L prelim and would have likely got a much bigger crowd.
More like wny is the Afl so rude and ignorant by staging games at such a time.Many suburban and country g/fs on today should not be poached by the mighty Afl.The clowns at the top seem to forget or not care about real Grassroots football.Just another example of the Afl not giving a stuff.

Last edited:
Bad luck Macleod. I actually felt sorry for the players after the game, absolutely distraught.

Bulls - unbelievable effort.

Two Grand Finals and opposition ruckman has been most influential player on the ground. Hmmm

Congratulations to Bundoora a deserved hard fought win! especially in that Preston wind!
Bad Luck to Maclead unfortunately there had to be a loser! Sure they'll be back again next season.
An awesome match and a great day out at the Preston City oval with all three grade matches being close. The NFL providing the goods again!

I also felt for the McLeod boys at the siren, unfortunately there can only be one winner.
Either team deserved the win and in the end it was Matty Dennis's brilliance which got Bundoora over the line.
The game was played in great spirit and I have to give a huge shout out to the umpires who I didn't notice at all, great job by them.

Macleod are a bit stiff to have not won 3 on the trot and be compared with the great teams of Heidelberg and Northcote Park. Have they underachieved with the team they have? Either way I take my hat off as they are predominately home grown.

How would they go against the past great teams who would have been much bigger but also slower?

Great win by the Bulls. The great team of recent times. 3 wins in the last 7 years. Play finals every year. No coincidence that they have the best player and dominant ruckman over this time. Absolutely brilliant yesterday. There onballers and forwards get a lot of credit but yesterday their backline was superb keepng them in touch.

Congrat's to Bundoora, clearly the better team on the day. I can't fault their effort.
Commiserations to the Macleod boys, I know it hurts but you will come through this better for the experience again.
A few retirements but the future is looking bright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NORTH HEIDELBERG FOOTBALL CLUB

COACHING APPLICATIONS FOR 2018

• Senior Coach -- Playing/Non Playing

• Assistant Coaches Playing/Non Playing

• Development Coach

• Under 19s Coach
As per club constitution to advertise the North Heidelberg Football Club affiliated in Division 1 of the Northern Football League (NFL) is seeking expressions of interest for all coaching positions in season 2018.

The club was successful in gaining promotion to Division 1 after winning the senior premiership in season 2017 with a list comprising of experienced and youthful talent that we expect will remain next year. To continue the club’s development we require coaching personnel to lead by example with the mandatory skill set to develop young players as well as attracting players externally with a clear focus on player improvement in our return to Division 1.

The successful candidates must have excellent communication skills, be highly organised with the ability to work within a team environment. Applicants will be motivated, enthusiastic and reliable.

Off field the club is in a sound position financially with a stable executive committee to provide the necessary resources for sustained success into the future.

For an initial discussion applicants are asked to contact John McDonald on 0414 262 832 or you can email your resume to football@northheidelbergsc.com.au.

NORTH HEIDELBERG FOOTBALL CLUB

COACHING APPLICATIONS FOR 2018

• Senior Coach -- Playing/Non Playing

• Assistant Coaches Playing/Non Playing

• Development Coach

• Under 19s Coach
As per club constitution to advertise the North Heidelberg Football Club affiliated in Division 1 of the Northern Football League (NFL) is seeking expressions of interest for all coaching positions in season 2018.

The club was successful in gaining promotion to Division 1 after winning the senior premiership in season 2017 with a list comprising of experienced and youthful talent that we expect will remain next year. To continue the club’s development we require coaching personnel to lead by example with the mandatory skill set to develop young players as well as attracting players externally with a clear focus on player improvement in our return to Division 1.

The successful candidates must have excellent communication skills, be highly organised with the ability to work within a team environment. Applicants will be motivated, enthusiastic and reliable.

Off field the club is in a sound position financially with a stable executive committee to provide the necessary resources for sustained success into the future.

For an initial discussion applicants are asked to contact John McDonald on 0414 262 832 or you can email your resume to football@northheidelbergsc.com.au.

Doesn't Blair Harvey already have the job

Not stiff.. results could have gone either way and thats football. After narrowly getting the win in 2015 and being beaten in the ruck that day. shaw saving them. You'd think Mac would strengthen that area. But they don't like getting recruits. No doubt Mac will be back up there again next year because they were the best side all year
Looks like Macleod rolled the dice and lost big time, fallen for the three card trick again. Wonder what Ramsay's pitch to the playing group will be next year. He must love the club because he could be earning twice as much at other metro clubs, even at a higher level. Anyway you have to give it to Bundoora, don't like them much either but they keep presenting.

W
Looks like Macleod rolled the dice and lost big time, fallen for the three card trick again. Wonder what Ramsay's pitch to the playing group will be next year. He must love the club because he could be earning twice as much at other metro clubs, even at a higher level. Anyway you have to give it to Bundoora, don't like them much either but they keep presenting.
What did they roll the dice with and what's the three card trick?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back