NFL Div 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

The point system can go down each year depending upon how many years a player has been at a club such as Gary Moorcroft who is only 1 point, there's no doubt Macleod is a very good club and I'd be curious to know how many of last weeks Team actually came up through Macleods juniors.

Macleod think their team is home grown but the reality is the blokes that will help them win the Premiership are 'imports' - Paynter, Hobbs, McKeown, Bianchin, Totino.

IMO Greensborough are the only club that can boast of having won a recent Premiership with predominantly home grown talent.

Last edited:

Macleod think their team is home grown but the reality is the blokes that will help them win the Premiership are 'imports' - Paynter, Hobbs, McKeown, Bianchin, Totino.

IMO Greensborough are the only club that can boast of having won a recent Premiership with predominantly home grown talent.

What a stupid statement. Macleod beat Greensborough for the 2015 flag with predominantly home grown talent.

Macleod have done an amazing job with their juniors, however, they will need to recruit from outside for the next 4-5 years as their juniors are struggling to field teams.

Yer theres no doubt Greensborough and Macleod do it best
Greensborough do what best? Last time I looked it was a Macleod v Bundoora GF.
How many Boro Div 1premierships in the last 20 years? Due to their area they have a heap of kids come through the system.
Hasn't translated to a lot of senior success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing a couple of big retirements for both Diamo and Lower which they will need to cover in their recruiting in the off season.
Also heard that a couple of players from lower are wanting to play at diamo next year which has stirred up a bit of a shit storm with a few ex lower boys currently at diamo who have said if they sign them they will leave.

Hearing a couple of big retirements for both Diamo and Lower which they will need to cover in their recruiting in the off season.
Also heard that a couple of players from lower are wanting to play at diamo next year which has stirred up a bit of a shit storm with a few ex lower boys currently at diamo who have said if they sign them they will leave.

I know Cam Elmore from Lower has retired. Did his ACL late in the season so wouldn't have played next year, anyway. Have you got any names of the others/the guys causing dramas?

I'm not really in the loop, but couldn't think of anyone apart from Cam who would be in that retirement bracket. Perhaps 1 or 2 of the Heidelberg boys? Can't imagine anyone who would go to Diamo with recent history and events, but who knows. The season has barely finished.

Was listening to Bush and The Burbs last week and they reported that Stanton had signed at Banyule, today it was confirmed that he has been appointed a development coach at Carlton. Any news re Banyule situation?

Was listening to Bush and The Burbs last week and they reported that Stanton had signed at Banyule, today it was confirmed that he has been appointed a development coach at Carlton. Any news re Banyule situation?

Bit of talk on the Goulburn Valley thread that he will be up at Echuca with Andrew Walker. Banyule however seems more likely with the job at the Blues.

They were sailing close to wind with their points last season. By my reckoning and with reductions, they'll have 10 points to recruit with, based on their GF side. Not a lot of wriggle room compared with other clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back