NFL Div 2 - Offseason!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NFL Div 2 - Offseason

Really. You really have no idea about coaching or the person. Anyway you beleive whatever helps you sleep well at night:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Coaches aren't supposed to teach and help players improve? What are coaches supposed to do then Photo?

Last for the Doggies! What odd's you giving on that screamer? I will have plenty on us not finishing last :)

how come u r so confident fridge 42, u guys were as bas as there was in div 1 for ten years i reckon and div 2 has improved.i'm not saying that u wont be but u have lost harvs and possibly got j.king back so not much has changed to us. good luck though.:thumbsu:

how come u r so confident fridge 42, u guys were as bas as there was in div 1 for ten years i reckon and div 2 has improved.i'm not saying that u wont be but u have lost harvs and possibly got j.king back so not much has changed to us. good luck though.:thumbsu:

I think you are forgetting how strong Div 1 was this year, every side improved dramatically except us and we paid for it.. We beat Lalor by 11 + goals in a practice match admittedly yet never got within 10 goals of anyone in Div 1 this year. Lower Plenty will have their work cut out nxt year let me assure you!
Not being overly confident at all but happy to bet with anyone that wants to back us to finish last! Add Leigh Gilbert "gun" back from a knee reco, Trent Scannell "a" grade premiership player played 2 games, Jarrod King "star", Steve Saddington premiership player from N'Park is playing assistant, Shaun Kelly N'Park onballer, John Green & Rohan King inj a lot of the year + a few more names to ad to that list in due course.
We are aware of how much Div 2 has improved and we will be recruiting to ensure we are capable of mixing it with the best sides! Bring on 2012!

I think you are forgetting how strong Div 1 was this year, every side improved dramatically except us and we paid for it.. We beat Lalor by 11 + goals in a practice match admittedly yet never got within 10 goals of anyone in Div 1 this year. Lower Plenty will have their work cut out nxt year let me assure you!
Not being overly confident at all but happy to bet with anyone that wants to back us to finish last! Add Leigh Gilbert "gun" back from a knee reco, Trent Scannell "a" grade premiership player played 2 games, Jarrod King "star", Steve Saddington premiership player from N'Park is playing assistant, Shaun Kelly N'Park onballer, John Green & Rohan King inj a lot of the year + a few more names to ad to that list in due course.
We are aware of how much Div 2 has improved and we will be recruiting to ensure we are capable of mixing it with the best sides! Bring on 2012!

Lower Plenty would have beaten North by 10 goals plus! recruit all you like but as has been happening for a while you have no kids. recruiting will only sustain you for so long, not to mention your still dubious culture!

Coaches aren't supposed to teach and help players improve? What are coaches supposed to do then Photo?

How bout win premierships amazing how seconds and under 19 coaches at morang were reinstated and what did they win and yet the premiership coach was sacked

Lower Plenty would have beaten North by 10 goals plus! recruit all you like but as has been happening for a while you have no kids. recruiting will only sustain you for so long, not to mention your still dubious culture!
would be a good idea if you booted off to the div 1 thread ant hill and leave the sh@t talking to us div 2 clubs. bye bye

How bout win premierships amazing how seconds and under 19 coaches at morang were reinstated and what did they win and yet the premiership coach was sacked

As I said earlier anybody could have tagged along and got a flag with the group they had this year.
Apparently the players didn't think too highly of the old coaches ability.. In the local rag it's saying the leadership group agreed with the committee. If the players vote you out that's saying something I'd say.

Gary is a nice bloke, and he did his best, but yes drop dead fred, the players were the ones that won the premiership, Gary was at the right place at the right time. But I also think it was his lay back style that actually helped the players enjoy their football, without some of those strict guidelines that some of those overthetop coaches go on with. Most players like to enjoy their footy, and enjoy the team spirit, not have an authoritarian coach especially in div 3.

Gary is a nice bloke, and he did his best, but yes drop dead fred, the players were the ones that won the premiership, Gary was at the right place at the right time. But I also think it was his lay back style that actually helped the players enjoy their football, without some of those strict guidelines that some of those overthetop coaches go on with. Most players like to enjoy their footy, and enjoy the team spirit, not have an authoritarian coach especially in div 3.

Please don't think I'm attacking Gary I've heard nothing but good things about him regarding the person. The boys I know did say they enjoyed the year of football more than any othe and this was before the grand final. Gary deserves credit for making that happen.

Does it really matter who coaches the 2's ?? I do have some inside knowledge about SMFC coach this year, and if an applicant like McGregor came along, I too would have appointed him. At the end of the day (enter Jeff Kennett voice here), committee need to do what is best for the Club. I think they did what was best, however at the same time feel for the outgoing premiership coach.
I do not, however, believe the committee (based on some decisions during this year and recent decisions/appointments) have a Div 1 mentality. Hence my tip that they will be straight back down next year. Unless of course, there is another Club that crumbles during the year - which at this point in time, I cannot see happening.

With all the gloom and doom predicted for south morang following this div 2 thread, we are bound to surprise some of you in 2012. go lions...........

With all the gloom and doom predicted for south morang following this div 2 thread, we are bound to surprise some of you in 2012. go lions...........

Hope so !!
South Morang defeat North Heidelberg.
That would be a match I would like to watch.
Just for the fact that 6 months earlier SM Div 3 & NH Div 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remembering, this year's early 3rd division thread, south morang were predicted to be bottom of the ladder there too, and look where we are now. Not that I think we are div 1 material, but as I said in an earlier statement, we may just surprise some of you.
ps good luck to Mernda

you guys won the flag. which always means people are gonna question your follow up season. all the best to you boys.

as for us down at the kennel. we will be working bloody hard over the summer to insure that we are not only a very competetive side but also to wipe a couple smirks off some doubting opposition supporters faces. we know where we need to be at come round one and i personally cannot wait for the unwelcoming reception.
also with our "dubious culture". we are working on that too but dont think the trip to the kennel will be as enjoyable as you think. but bring the family along anyway to see some good footy!

you guys won the flag. which always means people are gonna question your follow up season. all the best to you boys.

as for us down at the kennel. we will be working bloody hard over the summer to insure that we are not only a very competetive side but also to wipe a couple smirks off some doubting opposition supporters faces. we know where we need to be at come round one and i personally cannot wait for the unwelcoming reception.
also with our "dubious culture". we are working on that too but dont think the trip to the kennel will be as enjoyable as you think. but bring the family along anyway to see some good footy!

Get rid of those ugly jumpers...looking very dated
Jake-King-cut.jpg

Something more traditional would be better

Footscray-3.gif

From what I heard a few years back when diamo were in div 1 briefly, they didnt like it, cause it cost them too much money, interesting that "Diamo flicking some decent coin about!" by ant hill mob

south morangs tails will be back between there legs and back into div 3 they will go, no doubt about it!

Can't see that happening, but if it does Morang will look forward to butting heads with your mob Mernda as you guys won't win the divvy 3 title next year!

clearly sweet as 2 is just a upset and sour about how shit they performed on the field this year and unhappy that morang won a flag.

I've said this to many people i have spoken to regarding the 2012 season. South Morang will not get relegated back to division three at the end of this next season. I'm gonna throw it out there that i believe that the lions can actually push for and be contenders come september, now not saying they are gonna win the flag and be heroes but they i reckon they will make finals.

Just going to throw it out there as a few predictions for the 2012 season ladder wise. (lets see people jump at these predictions)
1. Epping
2. Diamond Creek
3. North Heidelberg
4. South Morang
-------------------
5. Lalor
6. Fitzroy Stars
7. Thomastown
8. Hurstbridge

clearly sweet as 2 is just a upset and sour about how shit they performed on the field this year and unhappy that morang won a flag.

I've said this to many people i have spoken to regarding the 2012 season. South Morang will not get relegated back to division three at the end of this next season. I'm gonna throw it out there that i believe that the lions can actually push for and be contenders come september, now not saying they are gonna win the flag and be heroes but they i reckon they will make finals.

Just going to throw it out there as a few predictions for the 2012 season ladder wise. (lets see people jump at these predictions)
1. Epping
2. Diamond Creek
3. North Heidelberg
4. South Morang
-------------------
5. Lalor
6. Fitzroy Stars
7. Thomastown
8. Hurstbridge

A bit off the mark with Lalor ,they will finish top two, their battles with Nth will be worth watching, D2 and D3 are shaping up as the best ever, pity D1 will be who will finish runners up to Bundoora,ho hum, I am going to the other two div games next season

1. Epping
2. Diamond Creek
3. North Heidelberg
4. South Morang
-------------------
5. Lalor
6. Fitzroy Stars
7. Thomastown
8. Hurstbridge
Silliest quote of the year goes to you.
Morang will struggle all year, wont make finals and will get flogged by the likes of Stars, lalor,Thomo,etc. Pingers and Creek will have a field day on you blokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back