NFL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Saga continues. However far too extreme.

Looking at te clearances it appears a lot of players from there reserves side have moved on, probably due to opportunity but could be the reason they are knocking back clearances? If they are not contracted, owe money or have club property then they can't be denied is my understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
my boys down at Kilmore looking sharp, have heard that our bottom of the ladder rivals last year are also on the improve looking forward to playing them this year. What's with this procrastination from Heidelberg? Will these recruits be cleared? Coming from outside this league it seems to me that Heidelberg are bullies, would that be true?

Great to hear, I guess willo won't be banging in 10 goals a game against kilmore this year. I reckon the heidelberg boys will get cleared, powerful club ran by ruthless business ma.

Just saw the article on st Marys, the ex Banyule "big bodied midfielder' as described by the coach apparently weighed in at close to 100kg after the Christmas break. Not ideal at only 6foot. Interested to see how he goes

Giles a huge loss for Banyule

Watsonia set to name big marquee recruit from Adelaide, handy onballer from Glenelg, Josh abrahams. Kicked 40 off from the guts last season. Lazy but quite crafty

Have it on good authority a player who has gone to Banyule this year with a promise of a job in early Jan is still waiting and has not started yet. Not the first time this has happened either I'm led to believe.

Have it on good authority a player who has gone to Banyule this year with a promise of a job in early Jan is still waiting and has not started yet. Not the first time this has happened either I'm led to believe.

Are we talking about a key forward that has played at Eltham and is rumoured to be unhappy at the Brockwell Stadium?

The key forward has definitely started. If he's not happy he can go back to domestic wages. Are we talking about Malone not getting a job?

Are we getting a little ahead of ourselves with West's recruits? Are the other recruits that are not coming from Heidelberg causing the claims of rapid improvement?
Granted the Heidelberg boys are all ripper blokes, they are hardly out and out stars. Well certainly not in Div 1.
From what i can see -
Not including Coulson, who may have played about 10 games in the seniors.
52 Senior games between them. 39 of them from Maz.
235 Reserves games.

Maz, Harls, Coulson and BK will play ones. The others most likely play majority 2's.

Kind of reminds me of Panton Hill a few years back. But Zac Williams, Abe Williams, Doc, Lowther, Amore & Lloyd Christmas. But hardly the same calibre.

Watched the Heidelberg west practice match today

Their new ruckman is extremely handy... monster of a bloke can clunk a mark... real old school type ruckman

Bloke on the wing played real well

Onballer wearing number 2 very strong through the midfield

Forward line probably where they will struggle from what I saw

But all in all Have improved immensely by the looks of things though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the Heidelberg west practice match today

Their new ruckman is extremely handy... monster of a bloke can clunk a mark... real old school type ruckman

Bloke on the wing played real well

Onballer wearing number 2 very strong through the midfield

Forward line probably where they will struggle from what I saw

But all in all Have improved immensely by the looks of things though
Are these guys new recruits or existing players? Who did they play?

Kilmore played Wallan yesterday. Wallan got the win which we knew would more than likely happen and look to be improved but i thought the young blokes of Kilmore really had a good crack and it was a good hitout for them against good opposition. Kite looks good in the ruck, Irons goes well, McKeown looks lively up forward and a couple of young blokes with dreadlocks looks quick and have good skills. I think with Webb, Taz, Sheldon and Wade Zol who all didnt play to come back in they will vastly improve this year and should notch up a few more wins.

Kilmore played Wallan yesterday. Wallan got the win which we knew would more than likely happen and look to be improved but i thought the young blokes of Kilmore really had a good crack and it was a good hitout for them against good opposition. Kite looks good in the ruck, Irons goes well, McKeown looks lively up forward and a couple of young blokes with dreadlocks looks quick and have good skills. I think with Webb, Taz, Sheldon and Wade Zol who all didnt play to come back in they will vastly improve this year and should notch up a few more wins.

COuldn't come down due to cricket, but plenty of positive feedback which is good. Wallan (should) make another step up in the RDFL this year so always good to play better opposition. Yarra Glen should be real tough too which makes for good learnings for a young group.

Who played full back yesty? Could be a big task against Whitnall round one at Laurimar

Went down for a look @ St Marys v Lower Plenty yesterday. Lower would of won by 10 goals (8 goals to nil in the 3rd was the difference). Other 3 quarters were competitive. Not sure how many lower had out but speaking to a bloke form St Marys they had 10 walk ups out.

Went down for a look @ St Marys v Lower Plenty yesterday. Lower would of won by 10 goals (8 goals to nil in the 3rd was the difference). Other 3 quarters were competitive. Not sure how many lower had out but speaking to a bloke form St Marys they had 10 walk ups out.
I thought it was closer to 15 goals but not overly important. Quite a few missing I believe.

Resa really impressed me tonight... coming from a long way back being in recess last year... have quite a competitive side will win games this year

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back