NFL Div 3 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

ST MARYS showed alot of potential last season close one to reservoir
WATSONIA need to prove something another close one to west hbg
MERNDA too strong for parkside, but parkside will rough them up

Thought that I'd put the neck on the line and predict the ladder positions at the end of the home and home games. Both Mernda and Panton Hill appear to have recruited very well for Div.3 teams in the off-season and should be the dominate ones as the season moves forward..

Mernda
Panton Hill
Reservoir
St Mary's
Parkside
Watsonia
West Heidelberg

Only the two results so far coming through, I decided to see a mob that break my heart (stupid decision) instead of a team that play for each other, try their best and WIN! Lucky I won't be making the same mistake next week.

Reservoir beat St Mary's 12.10 (82) to 8.9 (57), looked like an excellent win for Reservoir and should most certainly be challenging this season.

Mernda 20.12 (132) defeated Parkside 12.9 (81), I'm very happy with the win. Once I get some more information about the game I'll be able to look into how we went but on the face of it that's a great start ahead of our game with Panton Hill next week.

EDIT: Watsonia 15.21 (111) defeated Heidelberg West 8.11 (59). Excellent start for Watsonia, that would mean top of the ladder for them would it not?

Millsy for us kicked seven, suitably chuffed with Mernda's start. Massive game next week.

It was a good solid win for the Saints against West away from home. Especially with only 2 left on the pine before the quarter time siren after a concussion and a shoulder injury. A 9Goal win could have easily been a 15 or 16goal belting if there was some better accuracy in front of goal. Tipping a good game next week between Reservoir and Watsonia. Should be a real test for both clubs, which both are seemingly much improved from last season.

Mernda's game from all reports was very convincing, as you'd expect. They will be the bench mark for div 3 this year!

Mernda's game from all reports was very convincing, as you'd expect. They will be the bench mark for div 3 this year!

With all due respect to Parkside, who from all reports were competitive after quarter time, proving that they'll match it with the sides that are highly rated this year, I believe that this week against Panton Hill (who here have been talked up quite the fair bit) is a game where we can determine who has the potential to go all the way to the flag (let's face it though, it's round two and there are still five other sides who want it just as much as we do). I reckon it will be quite a good game.

Would be great to go in to the bye 2-0, especially if we manage to grab the scalp of a side that's been rated as highly as Panton Hill, ahead of what would be an interesting game against St Mary's.

It was great to see Watsy get up, could have easily won by more over the hawks with inaccurate kicking in front of goal! 1 on baller kicked 1.6! All gettable goals. Good sides put away opposition like West away in previous years, which the saints couldnt do last year! So there is a definite improvement!
Young kid came straight off the bench and got k.o'd pretty much straight away going back with the flight of the ball! W.H player came in late and the young fella missed out on the entire match. It was good to see the boys rally behind him with fisty cuffs seeing two blokes sent off. Another handy half back from watsy went down with a shoulder injury and couldnt come back on! Watsonia have recruited well this year! No.88 had about 88 touches, young kid on half forward line looked good and kicked 3. Watsy's ruck destroyed the opposition in tapouts! Looking forward to watching next weeks game between watsy & resa! Should be a cracker!

Highlight of the match: Great goal after the half time siren from about 75mtrs out to the saints!

ST MARYS showed alot of potential last season close one to reservoir
WATSONIA need to prove something another close one to west hbg
MERNDA too strong for parkside, but parkside will rough them up
Yes, Parkside tried the rough game, but came up short. Silly tactics in the last quarter gave them 2 redcards/reports. They ran out of puff, which was to be expected from an unfit side. Shades of their fade out in the losing grandfinal to South morang.

Yes, Parkside tried the rough game, but came up short. Silly tactics in the last quarter gave them 2 redcards/reports. They ran out of puff, which was to be expected from an unfit side. Shades of their fade out in the losing grandfinal to South morang.

Given we didn't give them a 43 point headstart this time around, and judging by the scoreboard, competitive after quarter time (got a bit of an edge in that third quarter kicking 10 goals by the look of it :thumbsu:) I don't think it exactly represents "shades of that game". ;)

I heard of a couple of reports out of Parkside as well. As long as we don't get sucked in and lose players unnecessarily throughout the season, therefore maintaining a potential best team, we can be contenders.

Given we didn't give them a 43 point headstart this time around, and judging by the scoreboard, competitive after quarter time (got a bit of an edge in that third quarter kicking 10 goals by the look of it :thumbsu:) I don't think it exactly represents "shades of that game". ;)

I heard of a couple of reports out of Parkside as well. As long as we don't get sucked in and lose players unnecessarily throughout the season, therefore maintaining a potential best team, we can be contenders.
We didnt have what I believe the best team on the field on S"day, still another player to come into the side in my opinion.

We didnt have what I believe the best team on the field on S"day, still another player to come into the side in my opinion.

who do you believe was missing from the side hurricane? looked as if it was a pretty dominant performance from the 1s and 2s, any guess at what this weeks changes may be?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reservoir v Watsonia - Would like to say Watsonia, but a 10 goal win over West does not win me over while the Mustangs looked impressive.
Mernda v Panton Hill - Flip of the coin.
Parkside v St Marys - The Burra to be too quick, plus Dallas King is out.

It's only Round 2 but a massive game at the mushroom park that could set the confidence level thru the roof for the winner.

Watsonia vs Reservoir Good wins to both teams last week and but think ythe visitors was better so can see the Mustangs improving further in this one.
Mernda vs Panton Hill A preview of the Grannie already? Many think so. Maybe the Demons cause they have already settled after having already started their season. Be interesting tos ee how the Redback recruits gell.
St Mary's vs Parkside This is a toss-up and and with one likely not to be playing finals a win here is important and fancy that the Sainters can have their noses in front at the end.
West Heidelberg - Bye Will the boys count this as their first "win"?

Mernda vs Panton Hill A preview of the Grannie already? Many think so. Maybe the Demons cause they have already settled after having already started their season. Be interesting tos ee how the Redback recruits gell.

NO. To call it a Grand Final preview in round two isn't right. I can see where most people are coming from, thinking that these two look the best sides in Divvy 3, but there are six teams other than Panton Hill and us who want it just as much as we do, and a couple of clubs who have potential to make it. Panton Hill haven't even played a game yet, how can we gauge their form?

I think a game where we see two teams who could be right up there this year would be a better title, but a Grand Final preview is taking it too far for now.

On the game, without trying to be too biased I think Mernda will get up by a couple of goals, Panton Hill could be a little rusty having had the bye.

I also think Reservoir and St Mary's will win as well.

NO. To call it a Grand Final preview in round two isn't right. I can see where most people are coming from, thinking that these two look the best sides in Divvy 3, but there are six teams other than Panton Hill and us who want it just as much as we do, and a couple of clubs who have potential to make it. Panton Hill haven't even played a game yet, how can we gauge their form?

I think a game where we see two teams who could be right up there this year would be a better title, but a Grand Final preview is taking it too far for now.

On the game, without trying to be too biased I think Mernda will get up by a couple of goals, Panton Hill could be a little rusty having had the bye.

I also think Reservoir and St Mary's will win as well.

Mernda awful the first 15 mins of the game and last 15 mins of the game, in between should have been(with all the play they had) 6-7 goals in front by 3/4 time, terrible kicking for goal and no pressure either,will be at the next game between these two sides should be more definitive contest, Mernda do seem however to play through No.9 all the time, and that is easy to be coached against, Mernda had a few players running down on their own, yet players just kicked it to No.9...Haydock was very good, his setting up goals from the backline was a joy to watch, and to see PH follow the set play on this was great to see,Mernda rely on their quickness whilst PH's aerial dominance was a tallying factor in the result.Mernda need to rotate their midfielders more frequently as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 3 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back