NFL Div 3 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Panton Hill vs West Heidelberg - The Redbacks go from strength to strength and new recruit Williams is an unbelieveable pickup. Can't see the Hawks having any impact here.
Mernda vs Watsonia - The Demons struggled last week coming off the Bye, but should be more comfortable at home and will account for the Saints.
Parkside vs Reservoir - An important game for both teams but more so for the Devils. The Mustangs can't be faulted so far and should be able to negiotate a difficult assignment.
St Mary's - Bye.

Panton Hill v West Heidelberg Redbacks looked good last week
Mernda v Watsonia It will be a real struggle for Wats today injuries are taking their toll but still cant tip against them.
Parkside v Reservior Should be a cracker game but I think the mustangs in a close one

Panton Hill v West Heidelberg Redbacks looked good last week
Mernda v Watsonia It will be a real struggle for Wats today injuries are taking their toll but still cant tip against them.
Parkside v Reservior Should be a cracker game but I think the mustangs in a close one
how the big wats boys go today??? another loss???

how the big wats boys go today??? another loss???

Massive thanks to all the guys forwarding through the scores and updates throughout the day - Over 70 score updates through the day from right around the comp.

For this to grow we need a few more followers, so spread the word, its what was talked about and now its up and running - If we as supporters want the NFL to continue to develop new levels of communication then the things that are in place at the moment need some creditably.

www.sportssupport.com.au and click on the twitter tile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very long and cold day out at mernda.

Tell me about it! Friggin freezing! :eek:

I thought Watsonia matched it with us at stages during the game (particularly in the last quarter, even though the game was lost, they still gave it a go), and there were some passages where they did play some okay football. However they just couldn't get it past the centre too much. One goal to three quarter time, does say a lot about Mernda's defensive efforts which was excellent.
Watsonia did kick a few goals in the final quarter which was a little disappointing but we did get a 100 point win in the end. Our kicking for goal would want to improve though. Cam Curlis kicked five but I think he kicked more behinds.

Reserves were very good as well. I kinda get the feeling they are going to go really well this year, the depth is unbelievable.

Having said that, Wats do have a bright future, their 19s were fantastic yesterday, were hungrier than Mernda's 19s who had won two in a row coming into this one and for kids, they have some pretty big bodies. That Josh Clancy bloke looks like a real promising talent, kicked 10 goals yesterday.

Overall, rapt with Mernda getting two wins from three, lopsided games which didn't help with the freezing day that we had to deal with, and looking for another win with Heidelberg West this week. They're obviously going to be hungry after such a disappointing effort against Panton Hill (let's hope that we don't see a quarter time scoreline like the one that occurred yesterday up at Hill, for the sake of competitive efforts and the like).

I thought Watsonia matched it with us at stages during the game (particularly in the last quarter, even though the game was lost, they still gave it a go), and there were some passages where they did play some okay football. However they just couldn't get it past the centre too much. One goal to three quarter time, does say a lot about Mernda's defensive efforts which was excellent.
Watsonia did kick a few goals in the final quarter which was a little disappointing but we did get a 100 point win in the end. Our kicking for goal would want to improve though. Cam Curlis kicked five but I think he kicked more behinds.

Reserves were very good as well. I kinda get the feeling they are going to go really well this year, the depth is unbelievable.

Having said that, Wats do have a bright future, their 19s were fantastic yesterday, were hungrier than Mernda's 19s who had won two in a row coming into this one and for kids, they have some pretty big bodies. That Josh Clancy bloke looks like a real promising talent, kicked 10 goals yesterday.

Overall, rapt with Mernda getting two wins from three, lopsided games which didn't help with the freezing day that we had to deal with, and looking for another win with Heidelberg West this week. They're obviously going to be hungry after such a disappointing effort against Panton Hill (let's hope that we don't see a quarter time scoreline like the one that occurred yesterday up at Hill, for the sake of competitive efforts and the like).
Merndas kicking has been woefull in their last few games. Next week they will have to kick a lot straighter.

ST MARYS too strong for watsonia
PANTON HILL too determined for reservoir
MERNDA too strong for west hbg
in other words: all away teams will win.
bye for parkside

ST MARYS too strong for watsonia
PANTON HILL too determined for reservoir
MERNDA too strong for west hbg
in other words: all away teams will win.
bye for parkside

I'll go with this.

I do expect somewhat of a contest tomorrow - Heidelberg West, obviously, would be very, very disappointed with what happened last week, and will want to come out firing.

Watsonia vs St Mary's. The boys from lower "boro shpu;d be well rested and handle the Saints with ease.
Reservoir vs Panton Hill. Outright premiership favouritism on the line here as the Redbacks look to remain undefeated
West Heidelberg vs Mernda. The Demons will be looking for another huge win while the shell-shocked Hawks face another long afternoon.
Parkside - Bye

Spot on with your report. We were very disappointing and need someone to stand up in the forward line. Your forward should have bagged at least 10 lucky for us he didnt

Very happy with the intensity we showed yesterday. Thought Heidelberg West would come out and have a crack after last week (which they did) but Mernda were far too strong.

19s were good, winning by 10 goals, a much improved effort from last week. Reserves were very average for three quarters, but kicked 11 goals in the last quarter to turn a 70 point margin into a 138 point romp.

As for the seniors, I was impressed with their discipline, bar a couple of silly incidents in the third quarter where we were sucked in by Heidelberg West getting frustrated. Having said that, every player played his role, I was impressed with the work at the center, and the forwards were able to get a lot of opportunity. Cam Curlis kicked seven and Tim Anderson five. Really happy that we were able to come away with a 164 point win and take the first Les Butterworth Trophy.

Next week we play Reservoir and I'm HANGING out for it. I really want this week to go quickly because it is going to be a massive game, make sure you go down to Schotters Road, will be a contest for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 3 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back