NFL Div 3 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 24, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Panther, Arsenal
Season 2012 is upon us. Lets move away from the off season thread and onto this.

Good luck to all through the season.

just felt a need to join after powerofthepussie comments in the post season.
it takes a sad individual to hold a grudge against a football club and then hiding behind a computer screen and not outlaying the reasons for hating them. you clearly don't no anything about our football club or anything else for that matter. dont let your keyboard write checks you can't count.

Reservoir - Expect Reservoir to be too strong for St Mary's here.
Heidelberg West - Toughest game to tip, however I think home ground advantage will help West here.
Mernda - having seen them first hand during pre season they look really good. All the best to Parkside though, should expect some good opposition on Saturday :)

St Marys.
Watsy.
Mernda.

Marys will be to fit, quick and skillful for the Mustangs.

Watsy will want to start off well, they have to while West rebuild. Hard to pick which way it will go. Watsys new recruits will need to fire aswell as the younger up and comers.

Mernda will get up easily. Picked up the right blokes, huge preseason. Could go undefeated all year. Parkside are quality, but I get the impression Mernda are out to prove something.

St Marys----improving side.
Watsonia---have recruited well
Mernda----- Parkside are known for poor finishing in their games. Mernda have the goods this year.

They should have a trophy for a Les Butterworth Award, when Mernda and Heid.West meet.

St Marys----improving side.
Watsonia---have recruited well
Mernda----- Parkside are known for poor finishing in their games. Mernda have the goods this year.

They should have a trophy for a Les Butterworth Award, when Mernda and Heid.West meet.

I think its a great idea. We will look into this over the next few days.

just felt a need to join after powerofthepussie comments in the post season.
it takes a sad individual to hold a grudge against a football club and then hiding behind a computer screen and not outlaying the reasons for hating them. you clearly don't no anything about our football club or anything else for that matter. dont let your keyboard write checks you can't count.
Neck up.
Ya clubs shit.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Marys.
Watsy.
Mernda.

Marys will be to fit, quick and skillful for the Mustangs.

Watsy will want to start off well, they have to while West rebuild. Hard to pick which way it will go. Watsys new recruits will need to fire aswell as the younger up and comers.

Mernda will get up easily. Picked up the right blokes, huge preseason. Could go undefeated all year. Parkside are quality, but I get the impression Mernda are out to prove something.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree

St Marys
Watsy
Mernda

bottom of div 3
in debt
yep, pretty much all round shit club........

Time will tell come the end of the year just how much Watsonia have improved. Don't give a horses arse if you have been involved with the club or not. Coming from someone who hasn't and to see where they are today is a credit to them. Excellent clubrooms that have been established. Rebuidling with juniors and getting the money situation correct. They are still in the competion as of 2012 so i suggest you "neck up" you goose.

Time will tell come the end of the year just how much Watsonia have improved. Don't give a horses arse if you have been involved with the club or not. Coming from someone who hasn't and to see where they are today is a credit to them. Excellent clubrooms that have been established. Rebuidling with juniors and getting the money situation correct. They are still in the competion as of 2012 so i suggest you "neck up" you goose.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: :)

No debt pussie except for the loan for the rooms which we meet all payments. Only debt we have DH

Reservoir - Expect Reservoir to be too strong for St Mary's here.
Heidelberg West - Toughest game to tip, however I think home ground advantage will help West here.
Mernda - having seen them first hand during pre season they look really good. All the best to Parkside though, should expect some good opposition on Saturday :)

Watched Mernda in the practice matches and a few training sessions and I have changed my opinion, they will not lose one game this season, no-one will get close to them, PH, Resa, St M can talk it up all they like, but they won;t beat the lineup Mernda have assembled(and they knowdeep down that), what is really frightening about Mernda is not only will they not lose a game in the ones, their two's will be handing out even larger floggings.Two flags for Mernda this year.Interesting what Mernda are paying cause they have some superstars in their side(for D3)

always happy- i respect everyones opinions but have you had a chance to see anyone else???
Put it back in your pocket until evryone has played each other once- fair call?

Thoughts for the opening rounds of matches.

Reservoir vs St Marys Some handy recruits should help the Mustangs
West Heidelberg vs Watsonia A real toss-up gives it to the home side
Parkside vs Mernda The Demons are already planning their grand final celebrations
Panton Hill - Bye The Doc's boys have to cool their heels for another week

Watched Mernda in the practice matches and a few training sessions and I have changed my opinion, they will not lose one game this season, no-one will get close to them, PH, Resa, St M can talk it up all they like, but they won;t beat the lineup Mernda have assembled(and they knowdeep down that), what is really frightening about Mernda is not only will they not lose a game in the ones, their two's will be handing out even larger floggings.Two flags for Mernda this year.Interesting what Mernda are paying cause they have some superstars in their side(for D3)

I think sides will get close to us, maybe even beat us this year. I don't think we'll win every game but it would be a brilliant achievement if we managed that. I think where we could potentially lose would be when we play St Mary's, Reservoir and Panton Hill away. Those sides I think can challenge/win the flag this season for sure and their home form will be important when they play each other if they want to finish on top. Exactly the same deal with us, it's not just playing teams away we have to think about, our home form must be at our best if we want to legitimately challenge.

It's important though we have to start off from round one against Parkside this weekend, and build on our form every week. No good talking up future fixtures at the expense of what we really have to focus on this week.

The Demons are already planning their grand final celebrations

Last I checked we were planning for round one. But if we were planning Grand Final celebrations this early on I would be massively disappointed. As Michael Malthouse quipped in 1991: "The premiership is not decided in May." As I said above we must start off from Parkside and build a solid foundation from there. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 3 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back