NFL Div 3 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

St Mary's vs Parkside - The Sainters from lower burra should consolidate their top four position at the expense of the Devils.
Panton Hill vs Mernda - It will be interesting to see if the rumours of injuries at the Redbacks turns out true and if so it would be a Demons win. But for now I'll stick with the home side.
Reservoir vs Watsonia - Should be an easy day at the office for the Mustangs as the Sainters try to adjust to their new coach's style.
West Heidelberg - Bye - The Hawks will no doubt appreciate the Bye after last week's thrashing.

I didn't turn up to Cracknell, but I'm struggling to believe we won by 100 points. Even if Panton Hill were ravaged by injury.

Edit: Turns out PH had about five quality players out injured, about eight of their best 22. To win, in that sense, isn't too much of a surprise considering, the fact we won by 100 is IMO. We had a couple of players that would slot easily into our best 22 as well, Drakes was out and Wuelfert didn't play either, Cawsey (handy player to have and I think has played most of our games this season) didn't play as well. I'm happy but we have to continue on with the job, we can't just rest on our laurels at this point having lost the one game. Panton Hill are too good not to bounce back.

I didn't turn up to Cracknell, but I'm struggling to believe we won by 100 points. Even if Panton Hill were ravaged by injury.

Edit: Turns out PH had about five quality players out injured, about eight of their best 22. To win, in that sense, isn't too much of a surprise considering, the fact we won by 100 is IMO. We had a couple of players that would slot easily into our best 22 as well, Drakes was out and Wuelfert didn't play either, Cawsey (handy player to have and I think has played most of our games this season) didn't play as well. I'm happy but we have to continue on with the job, we can't just rest on our laurels at this point having lost the one game. Panton Hill are too good not to bounce back.

My prediction Mernda will not lose a game was not a "pie in the sky" comment, no matter how may PH players were out, they will still never beat Mernda again, I did not get to the game, apparently ran PH off their legs, used the wide ground to their advantage,( was at a beauty Bund V Mont}, but Mernda will be sensational on the big grounds in the Finals, interesting in D2 who they will be swapping places with, Hurst or Thomo?

On a slightly lesser note, the Mernda twos are unbeaten,can St Mary's topple them this week

My prediction Mernda will not lose a game was not a "pie in the sky" comment, no matter how may PH players were out, they will still never beat Mernda again, I did not get to the game, apparently ran PH off their legs, used the wide ground to their advantage,( was at a beauty Bund V Mont}, but Mernda will be sensational on the big grounds in the Finals, interesting in D2 who they will be swapping places with, Hurst or Thomo?

On a slightly lesser note, the Mernda twos are unbeaten,can St Mary's topple them this week
PH didnt look fit, all appeared overweight. To beat them on their own dung hill, on their sponsors day, was a thrill to watch. Their 2's are terrible. Interesting that the 1's and 2's scored 156 pts each and beat the sides by a combined 38 goals.

Mernda will be sensational on the big grounds in the Finals, interesting in D2 who they will be swapping places with, Hurst or Thomo?

Now hang on there, we may have beat Panton Hill by 100 points and sit top of the ladder but it's only halfway through the season. We haven't won anything yet and we certainly don't want to be June premiers.

As for the reserves', St Mary's were the closest to come to our boys, losing by five goals last time we played. Would doubt it at home.

Good effort by our boys on the weekend, but still lots of work to be done. Were in front at half time and were a red hot chance at three quarter time being down by 7 points and coming home with the wind. Couldn't capitalize and the class of Reservoir really came through. Jeremy Bennett showed what he can do with decent supply and was dominant up forward. Plenty of positives to come out of Dean's first game as coach.

Was very surprised to see Merna flog PH by a 100. Think they are a shoe in this year.

Good effort by our boys on the weekend, but still lots of work to be done. Were in front at half time and were a red hot chance at three quarter time being down by 7 points and coming home with the wind. Couldn't capitalize and the class of Reservoir really came through. Jeremy Bennett showed what he can do with decent supply and was dominant up forward. Plenty of positives to come out of Dean's first game as coach.

Was very surprised to see Merna flog PH by a 100. Think they are a shoe in this year.

I agree a great effort by the boys. In the end ran out of legs. Only having one on the bench for the second half was telling but a terrific effort by the team and for 3 q's showed what they are capable of. Now need to put in 4 q's of footy. :thumbsu:

Mernda vs St Marys this weekend will be alot closer than alot think IMO. I haven't been down and seen St Marys play but from all reports they are young and quick and just want to get the ball moving at all times. I seen Ronalds wasn't playing last week but i am unsure why..?
Mernda have 4-5 out and were Nowhere near full strength last week against Panton Hill. Should be a cracker.
Thoughts guys?

Mernda vs St Marys this weekend will be alot closer than alot think IMO. I haven't been down and seen St Marys play but from all reports they are young and quick and just want to get the ball moving at all times. I seen Ronalds wasn't playing last week but i am unsure why..?
Mernda have 4-5 out and were Nowhere near full strength last week against Panton Hill. Should be a cracker.
Thoughts guys?

They can beat us - it was no fluke that they beat Reservoir and were super competitive against Panton Hill twice. They also nearly beat us earlier in the season as well - I think the win is rated pretty highly IMO given we went all the way up there and managed to snag a win in the wet. They are that kind of team that will always spring a surprise. I have little doubt that they'll come out hungry after a pretty disappointing performance against Parkside but given they've played about two and a half years of footy as a team together I have a lot of respect for them getting to where they are now.

Absolutely Mernda have to be on their game, can't just think that everything is going to fall into place because we beat an understrength Panton Hill by 100 points. I'm confident we will win though, we've been switched on in most games (particularly against opposition which are down the ladder to which has impressed me the most because it shows we have taken a disciplined approach to every game this season). I expect a very good challenge from St Mary's on Saturday afternoon.

Anyway as for the other two games, I think Panton Hill will rebound and beat Watsonia but it could be closer than many think, and I think Parkside, buoyed by their win last week will beat Heidelberg West convincingly.

Thoughts guys?
Actually Mernda had only a couple of players out. Merndas depth at the moment is huge. St marys game should be good, they played well against Mernda up until a player got injured in the last encounter. If it rains, will be a cracker of a game, if its dry, mernda will thrash them.

PANTON HILL v watsonia
PARKSIDE v w hbg
MERNDA v st marys difficult one could go either way, but mernda seem to have the goods at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watsonia vs Panton Hill - Don't think anyone saw the 100-point loss to the Redbacks coming last week and they should be able to partly erase that with a strong win here against the underwhelming Saints.
Mernda vs St Marys - No denying that the Demons are now the solid premiership favourites and it would surprise if they fell to the lower burra Sainters here.
Parkside vs West Heidelberg - Who would have thought: two last start winners facing off. Not sure where the Devils new form came from but a win here over the Hawks could put them back in the finals race.
Reservoir - Bye

Impressed with Mernda today, attitude was first class in what really was a danger game, dominated and maintained the ball inside forward 50 - 18 scoring shots to 5 indicate this. Ro Davies really got us going early when the game was there to be won - he was superb especially in the first half. Really lead by example. Wasn't going to ever be a great game given the condition of the ground especially on the pavillion side, but two good wins nonetheless, and the 19s took away a good win at Hurstbridge.

Reserves played well, now 9-0 and they really don't look like losing a game, it will definitely be a Mernda/St Mary's Grand Final in the reserves I reckon, both teams are miles ahead of the next best team.

We've got Watsonia next week, confident of another win, though Watsonia have certainly played some better football since McCluskey took over. Didn't get the points today, were outclassed but weren't disgraced.

Actually Mernda had only a couple of players out. Merndas depth at the moment is huge. St marys game should be good, they played well against Mernda up until a player got injured in the last encounter. If it rains, will be a cracker of a game, if its dry, mernda will thrash them.

Depth they sure have, was told there are probably 6-8 players in the two's that would walk into any other D3 one's side at the moment,hopefully they keep their heads up and play out the season and re-assess next season, was disappointed at one St Mary's supporter in the two's hurling abuse(all the time) at one Mernda player when the ball was down the carpark end, thought St Mary's would be better than that!Couldn't see what that player was doing to upset this St Mary's supporter, maybe getting the ball is wrong in this guys opinion.
The One's were superb, too good , a lot of inside fifities, if the small forwards had made the most of their opportunities the margin would have been ever larger.

Now hang on there, we may have beat Panton Hill by 100 points and sit top of the ladder but it's only halfway through the season. We haven't won anything yet and we certainly don't want to be June premiers.

As for the reserves', St Mary's were the closest to come to our boys, losing by five goals last time we played. Would doubt it at home.
I have been watching a bit of Mernda lately as I drive down Plenty Rd to home, trust me as an outside NO_ONE will beat your ones, I know you all want to keep a lid on it, but you know deep down you all think the same way.

I have been watching a bit of Mernda lately as I drive down Plenty Rd to home, trust me as an outside NO_ONE will beat your ones, I know you all want to keep a lid on it, but you know deep down you all think the same way.

Fair enough, I still think that there is a long way to go.

Not over till the fat lady warbles Stude................ but I think we can give it a shake.
The boys arent getting ahead of themselves and are playing good commited football.
If the weather is kind to us, they will do well.
We still have Ressa and P/Hill again, and st marys arent all that bad.

Watsonia V MERNDA - Wats will certainly give it a crack but I think we will end up convincing winners, we've been playing great footy since the second half of the Reservoir game

RESERVOIR V Parkside - Reservoir should win this but I wouldn't be surprised if Parkside caused an upset

Heidelberg West V PANTON HILL - Panton Hill easy.

Depth they sure have, was told there are probably 6-8 players in the two's that would walk into any other D3 one's side at the moment,hopefully they keep their heads up and play out the season and re-assess next season, was disappointed at one St Mary's supporter in the two's hurling abuse(all the time) at one Mernda player when the ball was down the carpark end, thought St Mary's would be better than that!Couldn't see what that player was doing to upset this St Mary's supporter, maybe getting the ball is wrong in this guys opinion.
The One's were superb, too good , a lot of inside fifities, if the small forwards had made the most of their opportunities the margin would have been ever larger.

are u aware at which mernda player was targeted? could hear quite a bit of abuse coming from the st marys fans, as well as the interchange bench!

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 3 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back