NFNL 2023 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

No Bundoora were. About 5 goals or so. Mckernan probably the difference in the end.

They can Bring in either McNiece or Longmire next week. I'd say they go with McNiece if he's fit. The rest they can't fit in.
Monty just didnt have the backs to go with the Bundoora forwards - Not many have
Heidelberg vs Bundoora has that predictable ring to it yet again

Not sure where you got half there senior side is under 22. There is only 5 22 or under playing today.

I'm not sure your getting the problem. This is all good and well getting good players in, VFL players in. Great for winning games. But when the club is only paying what they have to under the cap and then Chopper is paying these players outside the cap, on Top of employing alot of them. Then there's the issue. What happen when he leaves? You think all these players are sticking around taking pay cuts? If he gets another job, they will all jump ship.

And for someone to suggest it's a conspiracy theory they only employed him because of his money is dillsuonal. It's actually not a secret down there they did exactly that and the coaching was a bonus. I'm not suggesting this is all choppers fault, it's not. The club were in a hole and needed a way out and he was it.

Unfortunately when the club needed an out and Chopper wanted a flag at any cost. It's a disaster waiting to happen when the partnership ends.

Let's hope they don't end up like a Northcote Park. Would be sad to go and watch them in Div 2 or Div 3.
If and when Chopper leaves, he will still be a Bundoora person, and very likely a Bundoora sponsor. Those players he employs will still have their jobs, and so will the players from 4 other clubs that he also employs.

I’ve named their young players on here before that they have been regularly playing in 2023. There are a lot more than 5 (maybe not in yesterdays team), but the point was that they have been developing and providing opportunities to plenty of young players to nurture the next wave: Longmire,Maruff, Davies, Lamotte, Bowne, Sekalovdki, Kolar, Barker, King, Mallia, Butterworth, Naismith, Fitzgerald, Bolzon, Sturgess, Barnes, Antonello. 7 of them played yesterday and another 3 weren’t available for selection (Kolar, Maruff, Longmire).

Question - is Bundoora any different to NH (and you can probably put Hursbridge in that bracket as well with only 1-2 junior teams)? Why don’t they get the same criticism about no juniors and imported players?

If and when Chopper leaves, he will still be a Bundoora person, and very likely a Bundoora sponsor. Those players he employs will still have their jobs, and so will the players from 4 other clubs that he also employs.

I’ve named their young players on here before that they have been regularly playing in 2023. There are a lot more than 5 (maybe not in yesterdays team), but the point was that they have been developing and providing opportunities to plenty of young players to nurture the next wave: Longmire,Maruff, Davies, Lamotte, Bowne, Sekalovdki, Kolar, Barker, King, Mallia, Butterworth, Naismith, Fitzgerald, Bolzon, Sturgess, Barnes, Antonello. 7 of them played yesterday and another 3 weren’t available for selection (Kolar, Maruff, Longmire).

Question - is Bundoora any different to NH (and you can probably put Hursbridge in that bracket as well with only 1-2 junior teams)? Why don’t they get the same criticism about no juniors and imported players?
..And the 7 who played yesterday all were solid contributors to the win. 1xVFL Collingwood, 1xVFL Carlton 2xVFL Coburg 1xVFL Essendon 1xVFL Bullants amongst this group so the next wave is well under development.

Why would they offer free online viewing ? Isn't the idea to get as many through the gate as possible?
Also you would like to think that finals profits are used to keep club annual affiliation fees down which is a positive.
I would like to think finals profits are used for many different things but who would know where the $ goes.
I’m thinking bonuses.

I would like to think finals profits are used for many different things but who would know where the $ goes.
I’m thinking bonuses.
Good weather and good attendance in the finals allows the league to obtain a break even financial result for the year ( ask your club to show you the audited financial report ).Some finals series are financially better than others based on the number of clubs involved , Collingwood not playing on the same day as the Division 1 grand final and the weather .
There are no bonuses paid .

Good weather and good attendance in the finals allows the league to obtain a break even financial result for the year ( ask your i club to show you the audited financial report ).Some finals series are financially better than others based on the number of clubs involved , Collingwood not playing on the same day as the Division 1 grand final and the weather .
If you seriously think a CEO of an organisation such as the NFNL does not get bonuses for certain outcomes, I’m staggered.

yep good football, terrible leadership and administration.
IMO
I'd say you have little appreciation of how to run a football league . Its a difficult job dealing with clubs that are mostly interested in looking after their own club and may not understand the bigger picture .
As a former club secretary , the standard of administration improved drastically since the old DVFL was abolished .
I don't know much about the new CEO but the previous CEO certainly acted with authority and made some very important decisions that should benefit the league well into the future . Is that what you mean by leadership ?

Does anyone find it weird that Div 2 and 3 Prelims are a Saturday giving team 7 days to prepare for GF but Div 1 Prelim is a Sunday thus only 6 days.

Not sure if it means a great amount but surely it's not perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone find it weird that Div 2 and 3 Prelims are a Saturday giving team 7 days to prepare for GF but Div 1 Prelim is a Sunday thus only 6 days.

Ive also often thought that Denny. The winner of the 2nd semi gets a 14 day break and the winner of the prelim get a 6 day break.

They should at least get 7 days.

Last edited:
Good weather and good attendance in the finals allows the league to obtain a break even financial result for the year ( ask your club to show you the audited financial report ).Some finals series are financially better than others based on the number of clubs involved , Collingwood not playing on the same day as the Division 1 grand final and the weather .
Looks like you know the ins and outs of who gets bonuses 🤔😂

I'd say you have little appreciation of how to run a football league . Its a difficult job dealing with clubs that are mostly interested in looking after their own club and may not understand the bigger picture .
As a former club secretary , the standard of administration improved drastically since the old DVFL was abolished .
I don't know much about the new CEO but the previous CEO certainly acted with authority and made some very important decisions that should benefit the league well into the future . Is that what you mean by leadership ?
The former CEO was an arrogant dictating dinosaur that most clubs were thrilled to see retired. If you are a supporter of him you are a dinosaur also.
The DVFL was over 20 years ago so I would like to think it should improve. I could easily say the League have no appreciation or care how Clubs are run by volunteers.

Ive often also thought that Denny. The winner of the 2nd semi gets a 14 day break and the winner of the prelim get a 6 day break.

They should at least get 7 days.
Seems totally unfair, however how many teams in the last decade have won the flag coming via the prelim?

I’m tipping the majority have

I didn’t understand it last year either

Seems totally unfair, however how many teams in the last decade have won the flag coming via the prelim?

I’m tipping the majority have
Brass Tap from 2012 to 2019, the premier came from the prem final, 2020 and 2021 not finals, last year Heid won from 2nd semi final
So you need to go back to 2011 so not sure the argument holds up

One thing I will give the league credit for is they have cleaned up the dirtiness in the league just have to look at other leagues and see we behave a lot better than others. Yes we have the odd issue here and there but nothing like it used to be

One thing I will give the league credit for is they have cleaned up the dirtiness in the league just have to look at other leagues and see we behave a lot better than others. Yes we have the odd issue here and there but nothing like it used to be

Great to hear. I can recall one, maybe 2 fights in the heaps of EDFL I watched this year. Feels like it's frowned upon everywhere now, which is great.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2023 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back