NFNL 2023 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

More than a few unhappy going by the talk in the rooms yesterday. He's gone all out and recruited alot of older players in the last couple of years. Don't be surprised if he's not there next year and the club is in a hell of alot of trouble on field with a mass exodus.
Wasn’t maoriana appointed head of football ? Alarm bells there in itself

More then a few unhappy going by the talk in the rooms yesterday. He's gone all out and recruited alot of older players in the last couple of years. Don't be surprised if he's not there next year and the club is in a hell of alot of trouble on field with a mass exodus.
With no juniors you need to be very very careful. If the money ever goes you can be in deep trouble

Hurstbridge held a 3 or 4 goal lead early but overrun. Heidelberg inaccurate though as well

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Where the better side for 3 and a half quarters. Bergs last 15 mins were good enough to overrun them. Underestimate Hursty at your peril

Ease up on Ebert. I don’t know what his worst take has been, Greensy no chance for finals or Moorcroft would be no good in Div 2 hahahaha
PoliceHQ saying Sier to Northcote Park done deal still takes the Checkered flag

Ease up on Ebert. I don’t know what his worst take has been, Greensy no chance for finals or Moorcroft would be no good in Div 2 hahahaha

Couple of things here, Brassy one.

1. Regarding Greensborough, we are 6 rounds in. Happy to put my hand up if Greensborough do in fact play finals, because to be honest i had them in the bottom 3 in my ladder prediction. They have already won two games which i thought they would be no shot in. If they play finals, good luck to them, and my prediction would have been very wrong.

2. Can you point me in the direction of where i said Moorcroft would be "No Good"? I think my comment was "he is 47", which the funny thing about that is that its a genuine fact. Never once said anything about his ability. Happy to discuss on the Div 2 thread.

Happy to cop criticism for any prediction/comment which doesn't eventuate, as im sure everyone on here is, but when you blatantly make up things, it doesnt really fly buddy.

1. Regarding Greensborough, we are 6 rounds in. Happy to put my hand up if Greensborough do in fact play finals, because to be honest i had them in the bottom 3 in my ladder prediction. They have already won two games which i thought they would be no shot in. If they play finals, good luck to them, and my prediction would have been very wrong.

2. Can you point me in the direction of where i said Moorcroft would be "No Good"? I think my comment was "he is 47", which the funny thing about that is that its a genuine fact. Never once said anything about his ability. Happy to discuss on the Div 2 thread.

Happy to cop criticism for any prediction/comment which doesn't eventuate, as im sure everyone on here is, but when you blatantly make up things, it doesnt really fly buddy.
Pretty sure you did say that Beau would be a handy pick up, but not Gary. Beau is an ordinary footballer.
I did have have my doubts on Greensborough aswell, but never thought they would be in a relegation battle.

Your right, we all have probably made a few wrong assumptions or predictions.

Pretty sure you did say that Beau would be a handy pick up, but not Gary. Beau is an ordinary footballer.
I did have have my doubts on Greensborough aswell, but never thought they would be in a relegation battle.

Your right, we all have probably made a few wrong assumptions or predictions.

I actually asked if he was playing at all, which was in that comment. Never commented on his ability.

I think you said something along the lines of Beau would be handy but surely not Gary. Sorry if I’ve misinterpreted what you said.

Agreed that it’s still early days with Greensy. You did go pretty hard at them in the off season. Be interesting to see how they are sitting in 6 weeks time.

Don’t get too upset buddy just here for a bit of banter, don’t take it too seriously Ebert.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outside of Whittlesea, every other club can be very compettive on their day and win against basically anyone else if things fall their way. It is great to see.

The better cliubs will get it done more often than those not quite as good, but they need to show up every game switched on otherwise a fair chance they'll get beated. Its how it should be in any division.

Bundoora Juniors just about finished only have one or two teams. Bundoora trying to align with Yarrambat.
Been aligned to Yarrambat for many years. Its other clubs like Hurstbridge, Panton Hill and North Heidelberg who are trying their best to get closer to this junior club. Next year will be interesting as only 1 of those 4 clubs will be allowed to have Yarrambat as their junior program if players want to be a 1pt player at senior clubs.

4 out of 5 tips, missing on Bundoora

Winner of the round: Greensborough have taken an important 11 point win over Bundoora jumping them up to 4-2 record setting up a massive round 7 clash with Nth Heidelberg. Many had the Boro dropping off but wins over last season grand finalist will give them great confidence moving forward.

Loser of the round: Same game, losing team Bundoora. Three consecutive losses all be small margins (11,19 and 11) sees the Bulls drop to 6th with a 3-3 record. It sets up a huge clash this week with Hurstbridge who have been terrific at Ben Frilay Oval this year. The Bulls would be hoping to stop this losing streak this week

Been aligned to Yarrambat for many years. Its other clubs like Hurstbridge, Panton Hill and North Heidelberg who are trying their best to get closer to this junior club. Next year will be interesting as only 1 of those 4 clubs will be allowed to have Yarrambat as their junior program if players want to be a 1pt player at senior clubs.
Is that change confirmed?

Hearing Monts ruckman Jake Spencer is out for the year with an ACL injury.

Round 7 tips

Hurstbridge 4th vs Bundoora 6th. Two teams coming off close losses last week and desperate to get back on the winners list and stay in the top 5. Agosta had his best game last week for the Bridges and he will look to his twin forwards of Jordan and Bailey to kick a winning score. For the bulls, they have lost 3 on the trot and warmly welcome back Sam Lloyd for his first game of the year. East got 8 coaches votes and returns to Ben Frilay oval in good form, apart from him last week though it was a disappointing outfit that went down to Greensborough. Maruff (9 goals) and Green (8 goals) lead the way for the bulls but they will need more from McEvoy and Shepheard. Games between these 2 have seem the away team win over the last 4 games, so without any confidence will pick Bundoora. Bulls by 13 points

Banyule 9th vs Whittlesea 10th. After a terrific start Banyule have fallen to 9th and will look to get their season back on track when they return home for their first home game of the season. McDonald and Langford battled away last week in their loss to Nth Heidelberg. The eagles will be desperate to try and open their 2023 account and put some hope of avoiding relegation for their supporters. They do welcome back Murphy and Watson which will help the young group. Andrews has continued his good 2022 form but they are struggling to kick a score, can they kick a score which sees them competitive and get a win. It will improve tomorrow but not enough as Banyule will get win number 3 and cement their spot in division 1 in 2024. Banyule by 37 points

Macleod 8th vs Heidelberg 1st. Macleod would have been disappointed leave Para rd last week with no points after being 12 points up at 3 quarter time but a 7 goal to 2 last quarter saw them go down by 19 points. For the tigers it was the other way around coming from 12 points down at 3 quarter time to have a 3 goal to 0 last quarter to get over the top of Hurstbridge. No Barden or R Brandt for the kangaroos makes it even harder. Heidelberg too good by 35 points

Greensborough 3rd vs Nth Heidelberg 5th The Boro enter this game full of confidence of beating Bundoora away last week. Howard had a great game but is missing tomorrow along with Smith which hurts them in the big man department. Hogan and Tardio have been in great form and with Daw upfront the doggies are looking good. Always tough to play at War Memorial park but think the doggies might get the chocolates. Nth Heidelberg by 12 points

West Preston 7th vs Montmorency 2nd The rooster travelled up to the Showgrounds and got an important 8 goal win, they do get Saad and Tilley back this week as well. For Mont it took a big last quarter to get over the top of Macleod and they won’t want to give the roosters a sniff on their home deck. Coaches award leader Lentini is a big out for the magpies but S Binion, Wale-Buxton and Robinson all in good form they will get over the line. Montmorency by 17 points

Enjoy the footy

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2023 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back