NFNL 2023 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So good seeing Majak Daw dominate yesterday. What a brilliant addition to the league.

If he fires this week they are a massive chance to beat Bundy.

A few mates of mine who play for a club who missed finals have said all year they thought North Heid would make the GF against Heidelberg. Will be interesting to see how they go against the Bulls this weekend.

You think so? Dont think much in it. Yes got high but didnt seem to jump off ground. BUT fantastic to see the Mont players fly the flag and remonstrate .
He's effectively picked off an opponent and got him high in the process - he'll likely get weeks.
Nice effort to deflect onto the opposition though, a few stretched jumpers from a push and shove doesn't move the needle, they're better off focusing on the task at hand.

He's effectively picked off an opponent and got him high in the process - he'll likely get weeks.
Nice effort to deflect onto the opposition though, a few stretched jumpers from a push and shove doesn't move the needle, they're better off focusing on the task at hand.
If a team mate gets ' knocked out ' Surely youd expect your teamates to at least go in and let the guy know thats unacceptable but not one player did a thing . Regardless of the task at hand. Maybe that was the ignite that Nth needed. I dont need to deflect onto opposition its just the facts nothing was done. It seemed to be accepted by them,

If a team mate gets ' knocked out ' Surely youd expect your teamates to at least go in and let the guy know thats unacceptable but not one player did a thing . Regardless of the task at hand. Maybe that was the ignite that Nth needed. I dont need to deflect onto opposition its just the facts nothing was done. It seemed to be accepted by them,
No because an undisciplined act only hurts my team, if you want to do something, put bodies through him each time he takes possession, and make him second guess going near it - something that actually benefits your side..
I doubt anyone gives a damn about getting their jumper stretched and having someone lip up at them, it is actually laughable that anyone thinks that it achieves anything.

No because an undisciplined act only hurts my team, if you want to do something, put bodies through him each time he takes possession, and make him second guess going near it - something that actually benefits your side..
I doubt anyone gives a damn about getting their jumper stretched and having someone lip up at them, it is actually laughable that anyone thinks that it achieves anything.
Oh well each to their own accept your opinion but probable outlines why Mont always falter in September . Aren’t tough enough to stand up to the big boys . You’d think the big ruckman would throw himself around ??🤔🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tardio might be in strife too. Left the ground, elected to bump and made high contact to the head with his shoulder. The Mont player was concussed and went off.

Did anyone see that one in Q2? Would be interested in peoples view on that one.

That would be a huge loss for the Dogs.

Last edited:
Tardio might be in strife too. Left the ground, elected to bump and made high contact to the head with his shoulder. The Mont player was concussed and went off.

Did anyone see that one? Q2 at 17 minute mark. Would be interested in peoples view on that one.

Nothing in it, and cleared to play is my belief.

Did anyone see that one? Q2 at 17 minute mark. Would be interested in peoples view on that one.

EBF1C6DA-73CD-4E53-A5BC-B82F30AC1769.png
Not great for north. Both are basically exactly what the AFL is desperate to rid and both resulted in concussion for Montmorency players.

Real shame because the doggies could have had a massive crack. Also feel for Mont who were down 2 players without a card being handed out.

View attachment 1800196
Not great for north. Both are basically exactly what the AFL is desperate to rid and both resulted in concussion for Montmorency players.

Real shame because the doggies could have had a massive crack. Also feel for Mont who were down 2 players without a card being handed out.
Cleared by tribunal.

Clearly leaving the ground and bumping and concussing someone is OK by NFNL, AFL would love this example.

Good to see a few older players running around in the supers and winning a Grand Final. Fair supers team when you have Shane Harvey, Ricky Dyson and Heat Ayres running around.

Cleared by tribunal.

Clearly leaving the ground and bumping and concussing someone is OK by NFNL, AFL would love this example.
Cleared by tribunal ??? But the tribunal hasn't met yet
Anyway according to Collingwood players its OK to jump off the ground and knock someone out . Used to be a duty of care to protect players .

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2023 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back