NFNL 2023 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Good outcome? They've just lost one of the best players in the comp. It's a huge loss
Thats a team listed......I wonder if it is the team that takes the field.

Good outcome? They've just lost one of the best players in the comp. It's a huge loss
Yeah he's a top quality player, but I'd rather have MacNeice and Jetta coming up against Heidelberg on a big deck, if given the choice (keeping in mind they have McKernan, Jorgensen and Shepherd)

Yeah he's a top quality player, but I'd rather have MacNeice and Jetta coming up against Heidelberg on a big deck, if given the choice (keeping in mind they have McKernan, Jorgensen and Shepherd)
Your kidding. You would have got Mcniece anyway. McEvoy is a star and can play all over the ground. He's obviously injured. Because you'd be the most idiotic club in history to leave him out.

I'm not saying they left him out - it probably is due to injury - just my opinion that it may turn out to be a blessing in disguise/better outcome for them to have Jetta, based on team balance and opposition.

Not questioning his ability

Week 2 finals tips
Heidelberg vs Bundoora
Round 5: Bundoora 6-7-43 Heidelberg 9-8-62
Round 14 Heidelberg 17-13-115 Bundoora 5-7-37
Heidelberg will look to move directly into another grand final in what has been another outstanding season so far for them. Their opponent Bundoora will come into the game confident after a tough close encounter last week against Montmorency.
Gilmore leads the way for the Tigers but has had great contributions from Wilson, Sier and Tardio. Poser down back will get a big job on McKernan while up forward it’s been Barzen (43 goals) and Sier (27 goals) leading the way. The strength of this Heidelberg side is the tie depth, 1-22 are all terrific footballers who ply their role exceptionally well.
For the bulls, Jetta and McNiece are back but McEvoy is a big out. They will need another big game from McKernan who was terrific last week along with Hobbs and Sturgess.
Can the bulls spring the upset, don’t think they can. Heidelberg by 17 points

Montmorency vs Nth Heidelberg
Round 9 Nth Heidelberg 9-10-64 Montmorency 11-18-84
Round 18 Montmorency 13-18-96 Nth Heidelberg 10-11-71
The magpies take a 2-0 record over the doggies in 2023 and will look to make it 3-0 Sunday afternoon.
For the magpies they need to bounce back after last week 4 point loss to Bundoora and it was again Wale-Buxton leading the way, his clash with Daw is worth the price (steep that it is) of admission alone. Up forward Fitzgerald kicked another 3 last week and his clash with Bell or Matthews will be pivotal in deciding the winner.
For the doggies Daw and Baddeley-Kelly both kicked 4 and with Hunt and Tardio they were too strong for Hurstbridge. They go in with an unchanged side and tremendous confidence to cause an upset.
Montmorency have been in top 3 all year and I think they will advance. Montmorency by 15 points
Enjoy the footy, let’s hope the weather improves.

Your kidding. You would have got Mcniece anyway. McEvoy is a star and can play all over the ground. He's obviously injured. Because you'd be the most idiotic club in history to leave him out.
I would wait to see what team takes the field. Reflecting on the last time these two met, there is no way you bring in Jetta and leave out McEvoy. I reckon there is a bit of Ducks and Drakes going on there.

McNeice might be the late inclusion here, he is a very important cog in the Bulls lineup.

/ I see McNeice is already named!!

McEvoy in, Jetta not - Bundoora trying mind games like last year

Has McEvoy touched it?
Bundoora are too slow

Was one of there better players. They just simply aren't good enough.
Took him a few qtr to get going today. No team can get close to a Heidelberg.

I think North, if they make it, will be the biggest challenger to Heidelberg. Two games in a month is not the ideal prep going into a Grand Final, but as the previous poster suggested, they will be hard to beat. Depth is so strong, there are blokes running around in the twos who have played VFL this year.

I think North, if they make it, will be the biggest challenger to Heidelberg. Two games in a month is not the ideal prep going into a Grand Final, but as the previous poster suggested, they will be hard to beat. Depth is so strong, there are blokes running around in the twos who have played VFL this year.
Mont are they only team that may be able to push them at Preston, but i doubt any of them will. North would get smacked, Bundoora aren't good enough.

Bundoora poor today
just don’t have the mid feild run
im tipping norf to beat Monty then bunny’s to make the granny

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have respect for Montmorency (they are still the only club to have never been out of division 1). But, has there ever been a club that recruits as well as they do, year in year out, and have no success?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I have respect for Montmorency (they are still the only club to have never been out of division 1). But, has there ever been a club that recruits as well as they do, year in year out, and have no success?

So do they recruit that well??
🤔
They certainly get good players in but without a flag in the last 45 odd years, you have to question things.

So do they recruit that well??

They certainly get good players in but without a flag in the last 45 odd years, you have to question things.

They do have an excellent junior program. They seem to have great homegrown players coming through. They do get some quality in, to top up the list. It’s just amazing how they keep falling way short I’m the finals? And they better not use the “the ground doesn’t suit us” argument again. That one is always a weak excuse!

They are very confident club they are continually let down by the “ big name “ players who go missing in September
Perhaps concentrating on the so called excellent junior program might get the results?
Who knows but they have failed once again.

Seriously dirty day for Mont. 2 players KOed at half time, 1 player knee/ankle and 2 yellow cards had them with 17 on the field at stages.

North looked absolutely fantastic and play such a great brand. Daw was simply superb and worth the $17.50 to see in action.

Could be a bit of tribunal trouble, will be interesting to see what comes of a few hits during the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back