NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Change of heart? Another lie when it comes to your “intel” regarding Bundoora
I actually never said he was leaving in the first place. But I know he had chats with another club he has connections with.

Your the same guy that stuck up for Ryan? He has set that club back a long way and to think otherwise is dillusional.

There was a brilliant turnout at the 50th year anniversary and great to see lots of old faces there. Hopefully they can get the club back on track.

Anyone questioning why he played is ridiculous.

Legend and if he wants to play for another 10 years why not. Dogs crowd would love it, oppo crowd should love it.

Legend status is used a lot but someone that played as long as Boomer is a legend and should be applauded for playing at his club.
Agree its great that he can still play and have an impact . Also likes a dollar

Agree it’s great that he can still play and have an impact . Also likes a dollar
Why add the last bit like some kind of insult…..who the hell doesn’t like a dollar….

We all agree the Bundoora incident was disgraceful. Can we get back to talking about the footy?
Some good results for the bottom of the ladder teams last week keeps it interesting.
I still think Eltham will win enough games to stay in D1.
My winners this week:
Heidelberg (just too good)
Banyule (toss of the coin)
North Heidelberg (Harvey - if he plays - to dominate)
Hurstbridge (some good ins this week)
Greensborough (Eltham could be upset winners)

We all agree the Bundoora incident was disgraceful. Can we get back to talking about the footy?
Some good results for the bottom of the ladder teams last week keeps it interesting.
I still think Eltham will win enough games to stay in D1.
My winners this week:
Heidelberg (just too good)
Banyule (toss of the coin)
North Heidelberg (Harvey - if he plays - to dominate)
Hurstbridge (some good ins this week)
Greensborough (Eltham could be upset winners)
What were the results of the investigation??

I think North could be a real danger if they can scrape into the 5. Sure their depth isn’t great but they seem to have that X factor about them. When you’re winning by big margins every week as Heidelberg have done it can sometimes work against you in finals if a close game does present itself and the players aren’t used to being in that situation.

I think North could be a real danger if they can scrape into the 5. Sure their depth isn’t great but they seem to have that X factor about them. When you’re winning by big margins every week as Heidelberg have done it can sometimes work against you in finals if a close game does present itself and the players aren’t used to being in that situation.

Said since opening round north will be there on the final day. Haven’t changed my mind on that. Heidelberg have been empathetic and deserve all the praise. I still honestly think the dogs with all their pieces can get close or something more.

Banyule out of the 5 tonight. Back half of the year troubles again?

Said since opening round north will be there on the final day. Haven’t changed my mind on that. Heidelberg have been empathetic and deserve all the praise. I still honestly think the dogs with all their pieces can get close or something more.

Ps- I still have yules in the last 5. Massive clash with borough next week. And mont/Bridges.

Ps- I still have yules in the last 5. Massive clash with borough next week. And mont/Bridges.
Long way to go. 5 into 4 spots doesn’t go. Only 5 rounds to go:

Boro play 4 of top 6
Bridge play 4 of top 6
Mont play 3 of top 6
Nth play 3 of top 6
Banyule play 2 of top 6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who’s missing for the dogs and when will they return?

Unavailable list not helping things

Hard to say who the other GF team will be. All have had bad losses and dips besides the Bergs.

North and Mont most likely for me

Part of constitution to advertise annually however was announced internally 6 weeks ago to the playing group that JH would not be going around in 2025.

Nothing out of the ordinary here.

Whilst not questioning JH leaving, however I do hear this 'it's part of our constitution' thing many times over the years and wonder if it's actually true and wonder why it's in there?

A few years ago, I found a few constitutions of clubs on their websites from all over the state (post major surgery....I was bored and this 'it's part of the constitution' line came up on here) and none had a clause that said the have to advertise for a coach annually, actually there was not much about the employment of a coach, most were a bit ambiguous thus leaving to clubs' executive or football department.

And if it was in there why? If you were say Heidelberg and your constitution said you have to advertise for a coach annually, would you? Why go through the process when you have a coach and happy with him. We always see coaches being resigned during the year without any advertising for a coach.

If it is in clubs' constitution, is it a legacy from years ago? Constitutions can be changed as long as they cover all requirements from Consumer Affairs. I am sure they don't have stipulation that sporting clubs advertise for a coach annually.

I think it's a throwaway line to be honest. Again, clubs should have the absolute right and conducting due diligence should at times advertise to see what's out there, especially if a coach has been there a few years. As long as coach knows what you are doing and why, yeah some will be pissed but running a club sometimes needs to remove emotion to achieve more. Maybe it will kick the coach into reviewing how he has been going and apply again to keep his job with a different plan, including assistants etc.

From what I've seen the line is used conveniently when the powers that be are not comfortable with having difficult conversations - I don't think I've seen too many clubs flying who have posted an ad for new coach due to these supposed constitutions (I'm sure there are some exceptions to this)

Given the amount of time coaching Div1 seniors demands, I am surprised how many do it. The toll on family life can be very high amongst other things like the scrutiny social media now affords.

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back