NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Junior finals have been played at Kilmore. Once you turn left off Plenty Road and get onto the Ring Road, you don’t hit another set of traffic lights if you take the back route off the Hume up O’Grady’s Road to JJ Clancy Reserve.
You also don’t hit a set of traffic lights until Albury either.

Neither are great choices. Can’t see the league using Kilmore. Way too far especially for Fitzroy supporters.
So what do YOU say suggest? It's easy to say what it's not, but what is it?

I suggest Eltham Or Heidelberg with temp fencing. Both would do it and IF NFNL are seriously considering alternatives should the Showgrounds not come up

Side not what happens of all clubs say not playing on that ground? Hear a bit of movement happening on that front IF NFNL don't offer options. Now that is embarrassing for the comp and would be a national story

I suggest Eltham Or Heidelberg with temp fencing. Both would do it and IF NFNL are seriously considering alternatives should the Showgrounds not come up

Side not what happens of all clubs say not playing on that ground? Hear a bit of movement happening on that front IF NFNL don't offer options. Now that is embarrassing for the comp and would be a national story
maybe week 1 at parade, then either Eltham, or Northcote Park

I posted my suggestions above! Latrobe, DC, Eltham or Bergs.

You think clubs will refuse to play? That would be a pathetic outcome. They schedule Ivanhoe vs Parade and you think neither team rock up cause the grounds a little muddy 😂?

That not even possible.

You think clubs will refuse to play? That would be a pathetic outcome. They schedule Ivanhoe vs Parade and you think neither team rock up cause the grounds a little muddy 😂?

That not even possible.
Not saying that - and to be honest - I hope the grounds are stuffed as will help us as our ground is shite. Just saying if clubs say ' sorry in safe' what happens then. I'm a lawyer ... if NFNL pass it as fit then it opens up a lot.

Not saying that - and to be honest - I hope the grounds are stuffed as will help us as our ground is shite. Just saying if clubs say ' sorry in safe' what happens then. I'm a lawyer ... if NFNL pass it as fit then it opens up a lot.
The nfnl will keep it at Whittlesea regardless, they love the $$$ they get. If they were serious they would use mernda grounds & fence them, arguably the best grounds in the north. obviously mernda playing finals that won't happen.

How is a muddy ground “unsafe” what’s the risk to players that a regular ground doesn’t have?

I don’t think it opens up anything. There is a risk of any injury on any surface. Unless there is a metal stake in the ground teams have identified and the league has ignored good luck suing for a rolled ankle 😂

The only issue here is the presentation of D3 if the ground is as bad as people say. No one wants a final on a poor surface.

How is a muddy ground “unsafe” what’s the risk to players that a regular ground doesn’t have?

I don’t think it opens up anything. There is a risk of any injury on any surface. Unless there is a metal stake in the ground teams have identified and the league has ignored good luck suing for a rolled ankle 😂

The only issue here is the presentation of D3 if the ground is as bad as people say. No one wants a final on a poor surface.
The way you have simplified this is understandable, but that is not how it works my friend. The league has a duty of care - which is usually passed onto clubs in other leagues with ground reports being signed off by team managers. Not sure of the process in the NFNL.

I was involved in a final in the VAFA in 2022 that was moved from one ground to another on the day - 2 hours before the game started - as teams would not sign the paper work. So a VAFA official came to the ground, inspected, asked teams would they both agree to a move - they did and the game was played on the oval next door. Maybe too many lawyers in the VAFA :) :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That not even possible.
I have already said - IF we make it .....we would play anywhere. We currently play on a bog. So every night I would be at the showgrounds with a hose if we made it :)

The way you have simplified this is understandable, but that is not how it works my friend. The league has a duty of care - which is usually passed onto clubs in other leagues with ground reports being signed off by team managers. Not sure of the process in the NFNL.

I was involved in a final in the VAFA in 2022 that was moved from one ground to another on the day - 2 hours before the game started - as teams would not sign the paper work. So a VAFA official came to the ground, inspected, asked teams would they both agree to a move - they did and the game was played on the oval next door. Maybe too many lawyers in the VAFA :) :)
What was the issue with the ground? Which one was it

you cant be serious, the risk of injury on a ground like the showgrounds now is 10 fold. yes injuries can happen of course but that surface is prone to more injuries in my opinion.

you cant be serious, the risk of injury on a ground like the showgrounds now is 10 fold. yes injuries can happen of course but that surface is prone to more injuries in my opinion.
NFNL Member prone to more injuries in your opinion, really? What injuries?
That's like saying grounds with turf wickets have more knee injuries
I think Heidelberg should be used but like others have said, you can't fence it
Reservoir would be an option but NFNL don't like cars parked around the ground for finals

What was the issue with the ground? Which one was it
One of the Albert Park ovals ..... the ground was bogged and uneven with big wheel marks, etc where they had tried to do work on it. The umpires did not want to umpire on it also. So the game - an elimination final - was moved to another oval in the area that was not being used and the surface better.

One of the Albert Park ovals ..... the ground was bogged and uneven with big wheel marks, etc where they had tried to do work on it. The umpires did not want to umpire on it also. So the game - an elimination final - was moved to another oval in the area that was not being used and the surface better.
Geezus, how many decades ago was that? I remember from my vafa days, F grade finals were played at Albert Park!

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back