NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed on playhq. Plenty of clubs struggling for numbers atm.

Agree, there is many clubs short, are we seeing results of COVID with lack of numbers coming through?

However, with Bundoora I think they gave a walkover last year a few times. Feel for opposition to be honest, lads train all week and whilst they would have won by 200 points again they would want to play.

Agree, there is many clubs short, are we seeing results of COVID with lack of numbers coming through?

However, with Bundoora I think they gave a walkover last year a few times. Feel for opposition to be honest, lads train all week and whilst they would have won by 200 points again they would want to play.
Travel and Injury playing a big part. Bundoora not flushed with numbers to start.

It’s a long year especially when your getting belted each week

Between injuries, sickness, ski trips and European holidays even the strongest clubs are putting out significantly reduced sides this time of year.

Definitely more noticeable than pre covid, but has always been an issue for clubs struggling.

Most clubs are able to dig deep with past players, mates etc to get a team on the park. Club culture plays a big part in that so perhaps it’s a sign of the culture at Bundoora.

Hearing Bundoora will forfeit their seconds for tomorrow’s match at Heidelberg, why wouldn’t they forfeit the U/19s play what ever amount of them in the seconds to make up the numbers . Not fielding a second side is a bad look, nobody would notice if their U/19s forfeit.
No one will notice if the ressies forfeit tbf

Most clubs are able to dig deep with past players, mates etc to get a team on the park. Club culture plays a big part in that so perhaps it’s a sign of the culture at Bundoora.
Yep, that’s what it is.

That hits it on the head for me.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not one for conspiracy theories but perhaps they were always going to forfeit this round? And in doing so sabotage Heidelberg’s reserves %? Just a thought.
Your do realise Heidelberg are 20 points clear on top? They could have a percentage of 1 and still finish on top.

Wilson had a blinder again. Only makes the tigers seniors and reserves better if they can qualify him.
I’m surprised that Heidelberg are still running at 46 points.

How many of their current team came through their juniors?

Not important, but surprised they don’t have more homegrown talent given the size of their juniors.

Isn't it ironic that the points system was introduced as an equilibrium measure and yet one could argue Heidelberg are as strong on and off the field as they have ever been. At some point you have to question the overall standard of the competition, I mean they did lose half their Premiership side, added perhaps 3 or 4 players and yet are more dominant this year (statistically) than any previous Heidelberg side in DVFL/NFL history. Dark times ahead me thinks (unless you follow H)

Isn't it ironic that the points system was introduced as an equilibrium measure and yet one could argue Heidelberg are as strong on and off the field as they have ever been. At some point you have to question the overall standard of the competition, I mean they did lose half their Premiership side, added perhaps 3 or 4 players and yet are more dominant this year (statistically) than any previous Heidelberg side in DVFL/NFL history. Dark times ahead me thinks (unless you follow H)
How many of their flag side played 40 games for their junior club. I'm told zero or one
That doesn't suggest a system designed to foster home grown junior development is working.....

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back