NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

At least he is a chance to play finals....probably why he made the move?

Eltham kicked 8 goals in the last quarter to 2!! Injuries to Banyule players or just overrun?
Not sure if Banyule had injuries but Eltham just ran all over them. 22 for Eltham was absolutely on fire, kids a star.

Banyule looked to miss Martin in the ruck big time and struggled to win a clearance when the heat was on. Eltham big guys were able to take some big marks at crucial moments as well.

Huge win by Eltham to lock a spot in D1 in 2025 away.

Banyule results have faded both years in div 1 - is it players travelling again, or perhaps just not the depth in the middle of winter when you need it?

Still doing really well considering their rise over recent years, with plenty of juniors coming through by all reports.

Banyule results have faded both years in div 1 - is it players travelling again, or perhaps just not the depth in the middle of winter when you need it?

Still doing really well considering their rise over recent years, with plenty of juniors coming through by all reports.
Half the club went to Europe I heard. Still a decent year… hopefully blokes got rid of the travel bug because they could have a fair crack next season

How pathetic if your not going to take competition seriously piss off to where you came from

Tend to agree, it’s Div 1 footy. Most of them probably getting paid well too to stick around for 6 months of the year in footy season. In saying that, call it injuries or Form tailing off. They have repeated what happened last year.

I’m predicting below Week 1 finals.

North v Mont Qual

Banyule V ( whoever has highest percentage bridges/borough. Think they will finish on same points.

Exciting finish

Tend to agree, it’s Div 1 footy. Most of them probably getting paid well too to stick around for 6 months of the year in footy season. In saying that, call it injuries or Form tailing off. They have repeated what happened last year.

North v Mont Qual

Banyule V ( whoever has highest percentage bridges/borough. Think they will finish on same points.

Exciting finish

North v Mont Qual

Exciting finish

How pathetic if your not going to take competition seriously piss off to where you came from
They're 21-30 year old young blokes, in the grand scheme of things, who cares if they miss 5-10 games in one year of footy cos they want to live their life and travel while they can. Give me a spell, it's local footy, not the AFL.

They're 21-30 year old young blokes, in the grand scheme of things, who cares if they miss 5-10 games in one year of footy cos they want to live their life and travel while they can. Give me a spell, it's local footy, not the AFL.
As long as they're up front with the club at start of the year about their plans, and don't drop it on them in May after 3 - "oh by the way I'll miss round 9-17"

Could not agree more. It's 2024, not 1989!! At last count we have about 9 O/S who wont be back this year, but will be great to see them at pre-season and playing in 2025 from all indications.

Could not agree more. It's 2024, not 1989!! At last count we have about 9 O/S who wont be back this year, but will be great to see them at pre-season and playing in 2025 from all indications.
What about the rest of the club. Who work hard in trying to achieve success
Just to have some players decide that they are not as committed as the rest of their club
Honestly what it the point of even playing. Go overseas and stay there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to have some players decide that they are not as committed as the rest of their club
Please feel free to send us any of the players who so drastically let down the whole club that you don't want. Happy to chat to them.

If you think 'success' is determined by one year then let's just say there might be different views on that.

So in a time when it's getting harder and harder to retain young players, your solution is to tell those that go away for one year - many who are between 20 and 24 - to piss off?

What are some of your other long term strategies? Guys who get told by their boss to work a few weekends to come back through the twos only? Maybe if you only can train one night a week on occasions that they should find another club?

If your whole plan falls down with a few young guys going O/S for one year (and it's been clearly communicated to the coaches and playing group), then you might need to rob a bank because your long term retention and success goals are likely to need massive coin to be successful.

Pop quizz - who do you invest your time into? A young player that goes OS one year but plays 10-15 years at the club OR a mercenary who jumps in for a year only for the cash? Asking for a friend 😎

Kids are allowed to travel. In my experience most give you plenty of notice and you need to plan accordingly

Would you also say no to VFL players who are not fully committed to local footy, guys who have work every second weekend, Scott Selwood who coaches Collingwood some weekends?

I feel like Bundoora or Macleod get up this week. Could be a very interesting relegation battle.

Bundoora has so much on the line. They’ll struggle big time as a D2 club. Macleod alway has juniors coming through and suspect will be able to rebuild.

I feel like Bundoora or Macleod get up this week. Could be a very interesting relegation battle.

Bundoora has so much on the line. They’ll struggle big time as a D2 club. Macleod alway has juniors coming through and suspect will be able to rebuild.
Can see Bundoora beating Banyule, not sure about Macleod beating Mont.

If that happens, would likely see Macleod down.

Agree, Bundoora will really struggle if they drop down - need to stay in div 1 and recruit some depth.

Can see Bundoora beating Banyule, not sure about Macleod beating Mont.

If that happens, would likely see Macleod down.

Agree, Bundoora will really struggle if they drop down - need to stay in div 1 and recruit some depth.
Mont would want to play a hell of a lot better than last week, and in the past Macleod have played the Para Rd North oval not too bad. Wouldn’t surprise me if they put up a decent fight and snatched a win.

Please feel free to send us any of the players who so drastically let down the whole club that you don't want. Happy to chat to them.

If you think 'success' is determined by one year then let's just say there might be different views on that.

So in a time when it's getting harder and harder to retain young players, your solution is to tell those that go away for one year - many who are between 20 and 24 - to piss off?

What are some of your other long term strategies? Guys who get told by their boss to work a few weekends to come back through the twos only? Maybe if you only can train one night a week on occasions that they should find another club?

If your whole plan falls down with a few young guys going O/S for one year (and it's been clearly communicated to the coaches and playing group), then you might need to rob a bank because your long term retention and success goals are likely to need massive coin to be successful.

Pop quizz - who do you invest your time into? A young player that goes OS one year but plays 10-15 years at the club OR a mercenary who jumps in for a year only for the cash? Asking for a friend 😎
I’m not talking about players taking a year off. That’s fine
Im talking about a group of players who take 10 weeks off in the middle of the season
Success is achieved by a group with a collective mindset working towards a common goal on a daily basis
That how you get long term success

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back