NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Will north be getting all there players in many top players still out
Still had a good side in Sat, no excuses for a performance like that.
But Mcdonald, Tardio and Murphy will help.
Ben Giobbi played reserves as well I think. He was on the teamsheet.
Fraser from Port is available, though might be tight points wise to fit him in.

The Bears are presented with the perfect opportunity to show their worth at this level. Playing for their season should let us see where their fighting spirit is at. Their finals start a week earlier than others!

Are Norf contenders or pretenders? They have certainly shown glimpses of both, consistently through the season. The fluctuations created by OS travel, injury and VFL players availability, cant be applied as excuses. Every club wrestles with those issues.

Perhaps a good measure we use to evaluate a team is the quality of the bottom 6 players. Hberg, Borough and Mont bat deeper if you look at the quality of their 2's and their respective positions on the reserves ladder. Norf are different in that respect. I wonder if that will be a telling factor in the next month?

Question for the masses. Is bringing in a VFL player that has never played for your club and cannot play finals for one game, thus meaning someone is booted on the run into finals a good decision. Especially when playing a side you would expect to beat well?

Genuinely surprised to see the Captain of Port Melbourne having one game, see very little benefit at this time of year, I suppose there is the idea of getting him on the books for next year.

Question for the masses. Is bringing in a VFL player that has never played for your club and cannot play finals for one game, thus meaning someone is booted on the run into finals a good decision. Especially when playing a side you would expect to beat well?

Genuinely surprised to see the Captain of Port Melbourne having one game, see very little benefit at this time of year, I suppose there is the idea of getting him on the books for next year.
Great decision. Mont lose and top 3 could be gone.

He plays, they win, might enjoy it and come back next year as a regular player.

Have been told he's been down at the club to watch during the year, attended functions, so is around the players, as opposed to just a walk in with no connection.

Brown has only played the 1 game from what I can see, but you'd take both for 1 off games as I think it's to your point above, they're trying to get him/them aligned again next year.

Nth have done the same thing by the looks of it
Josh Hamilton is on the team sheet for tomorrow, pretty sure he hasnt played for Nth at all this year.
Correct.

See Hurstbridge have selected Hird. This will be his 3rd game qualifying him for finals. Even though one of games listed is a reserves game which he would not have played. I thought the rules changed to stop this, but must be wrong.

Liam McMahon debuting for Eltham tomorrow. What's the difference?

Gun player though, would be playing AFL this week if on Carlton's primary list

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He won’t qualify then. Rules did change.

Every team in the 6 loading up to try and seal their finals destiny. 4 games out of 5 have a huge bearing on the make up of finals. Good finish. Of course the tigers are bolting out in front but from an even comp perspective, to have the above still have to play out in the last round is good for footy viewers.

Yo

Gun player though, would be playing AFL this week if on Carlton's primary lis
McMahon is an Eltham junior so there is that…..

Gun player though, would be playing AFL this week if on Carlton's primary list
Who played for Monty last year....

Difference is heading into finals with a player that cannot play.

Played at Monty as Eltham was Div 2 and was told to play at a Div 1 Club due to standard when available.

Scotland signed on for 2 more years…

So much for the rumour he wanted out
must have backed out of the next job he had already arranged…….

100% not Roxburgh Park. Same league though
Watched a disappointing Banyule today. Both sides struggled to get on the board early for a major but if Banyule had converted the chances they had against the breeze first up, they would have gone along way to giving themselves a chance.

Smith (I think) for Nth must have had a dozen marks in quick time, thwarting a lot of Banyule attacks.

A couple of minor general details at Banyule. The siren (horn) sounds like they’ve hired a ‘bugler’ to give a couple of toots at the start and end of the qtr, the scoreboard is impossible to see from the pavilion side of the ground, and you can’t get a VB at the outside bar (have to go inside for some reason).

Also one Boundary umpire thought it was great to thrown the ball 60 metres in the air and 50 metres in from boundary, whilst the other struggled to get it 10 metres in the air and 20 metres in.

Overall a pretty ordinary spectacle!

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back