NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll go the 2 upsets

Dogs by 2 goals
Slime by 3 goals

Wilson qualifying has Heidelberg with one hand of the cup. Yes funny things have happened. But would be one of the biggest shocks ever.
The last one I can think of would be when Greensboroughs Seniors and reserves only lost 1 game between them and lost both Grand Finals.

I was intrigued by the NFNL Facebook post, in regards to the conditions of attending finals. First, No cash. I still thought cash was legal tender in this country? Second, and this is in relation to Div 1, hosting finals at a ground on the Mernda Line and “Strongly Encourage all patrons to use public transport”. Yet, all Div 1 clubs in the Finals are on the Hurstbridge Line! Third, Pass outs are only valid to that ground! Too bad if your 19’s are playing at Epping in the morning & your Ressie’s or Seniors are playing at Preston in the Afternoon. That means you have to pay twice. Surely the NFNL can have a “Day Pass” so all patrons can go to multiple grounds. Lastly, the NFNL had the Comments section on their Facebook page turned off so people can’t voice their opinions on the conditions. It’s weak & treating the public like idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mont way too good. Quick all over. Nash Holmes back next week, huge chance
Good day for Monty, reserves had a good win as well.
No excuses today from me, Mont, just ran harder and always had the game in control.
Uzelac positioned himself well.
Nth will need to bounce back, I think they will as they wont be happy with that performance today.

No excuses today from me, Mont, just ran harder and always had the game in control.
Nth will need to bounce back, I think they will as they wont be happy with that performance today.
Mont are the only threat to the bergs. Still a longshot but they can do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was intrigued by the NFNL Facebook post, in regards to the conditions of attending finals. First, No cash. I still thought cash was legal tender in this country? Second, and this is in relation to Div 1, hosting finals at a ground on the Mernda Line and “Strongly Encourage all patrons to use public transport”. Yet, all Div 1 clubs in the Finals are on the Hurstbridge Line! Third, Pass outs are only valid to that ground! Too bad if your 19’s are playing at Epping in the morning & your Ressie’s or Seniors are playing at Preston in the Afternoon. That means you have to pay twice. Surely the NFNL can have a “Day Pass” so all patrons can go to multiple grounds. Lastly, the NFNL had the Comments section on their Facebook page turned off so people can’t voice their opinions on the conditions. It’s weak & treating the public like idiots.

no cash seriously? can people be denied entries to community owned facilities based on this? very AFL like oh hang on league is run from afl house with apointed puppets making these stipulations. fee paying clubs need to show some balls as the actual powerful stakeholders here.

What sort of idiot are you.... sarcasm intended...., you think someone would bring logic into the running of the NFNL.....wow.....

These people need to make money for their overpaid wages, the ridiculous amount they pay for morons that run their 'investigations' (aka we only investigate what our cop mates tell us) and to look after their mates......come on......mates have to be paid.

This league is being ran by self-serving latte drinking fools. We cannot fight them, AFL-V have their backs as they brunch at the same place....you know, free brunches being paid for by piss poor fines the NFNL invent....you know, what volunteers give their time and effort for to help run a club and be screwed by some sanctimonious NFNL fine.

The NFNL is what we are stuck with. Sadly, most NFNL clubs are being ran by someone that is just trying to do the righty by their club and will not challenge the NFNL and their ideas and decisions.

We are suckers to fools. The fools run the party. We are just here to pay for their indulgence.

Mont too good today and barring poor conversion could have destroyed Norf.Wind made an ugly game but Mont with speed,fitness and better skills.Uzelac had his own footy and controlled game.Norf worked hard but butchered ball going forward.Well umpired and burgers n snags enjoyed. Crowd number was down.

League needs to find grounds less wind affected to play finals as Preston is a renowned wind tunnel.

Mont too good today and barring poor conversion could have destroyed Norf.Wind made an ugly game but Mont with speed,fitness and better skills.Uzelac had his own footy and controlled game.Norf worked hard but butchered ball going forward.Well umpired and burgers n snags enjoyed. Crowd number was down.

League needs to find grounds less wind affected to play finals as Preston is a renowned wind tunnel.
Wouldn’t matter at moment. All grounds absolutely affected by wind.

Every football ground in the state was severely wind affected today.

Mont very good at executing their game plan. Not sure that was best of the dogs and another chance v mont at Preston with Tardio and Wallis back could be a different look. Uzelac BOG. Brains trust at north will need to go to work.

Greensy v North going to be fiery.
Bergs-20 points
North - 22 points

Let’s hope the wind settles a tad.

Mont very good at executing their game plan. Not sure that was best of the dogs and another chance v mont at Preston with Tardio and Wallis back could be a different look. Uzelac BOG. Brains trust at north will need to go to work.

Greensy v North going to be fiery.
Bergs-20 points
North - 22 points

Let’s hope the wind settles a tad.
Will boomer be back also?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back