NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Vinnie's boys at Tigerland have been pretty vocal internally thinking they already have one hand on the cup, hard to disagree at this stage...

Can only see Mont being able to push them when in full flight, don't think boro have the cattle to go with the tigers - have shown a lot of ticker and definitely got the most out of their group this season...

Hopefully Mont win this weekend, so the grand final isn't a thumping

Vinnie's boys at Tigerland have been pretty vocal internally thinking they already have one hand on the cup, hard to disagree at this stage...

Can only see Mont being able to push them when in full flight, don't think boro have the cattle to go with the tigers - have shown a lot of ticker and definitely got the most out of their group this season...

Agree Heid would be very confident and have beaten Mont 3 times....Boro 1 all...might not be as lopsided as you think....if they get there

Your boy Solomon was in good form last weekend. Vinnie obviously has a lot of faith in him being a 6 pointer. Is he worth 2 blokes?

Uzelac did his hamstring at training and Fitzgerald has been dropped

Two knights Boys come in with a total of 2 senior games experience this season in gillard & Doyle

Greensborough by 28 points.

Uzelac did his hamstring at training and Fitzgerald has been dropped

Two knights Boys come in with a total of 2 senior games experience this season in gillard & Doyle

Greensborough by 28 points.

Uzalec did hammie in last quarter last week that's why he was on the bench from the 2nd minute.

Just checked online, Gillard has played 5 games this year including the last two finals so he is not really an 'in' and only Doyle I could find has played 17 games in Reserves kicking no goals so an interesting selection there if that's him.

Possibly a real shit end to an awesome local football career for Fitzgerald. I reckon this would have been his last year, been a decent servant to Mont for many years.

Could be a big selection call, he can kick goals and takes the best backman.

Still think Mont in a close one but if I was Mont I would be weary.

Uzalec did hammie in last quarter last week that's why he was on the bench from the 2nd minute.

Just checked online, Gillard has played 5 games this year including the last two finals so he is not really an 'in' and only Doyle I could find has played 17 games in Reserves kicking no goals so an interesting selection there if that's him.

Possibly a real shit end to an awesome local football career for Fitzgerald. I reckon this would have been his last year, been a decent servant to Mont for many years.

Unfortunately Fitzgerald struggled against Bergs. 100% coach has made the right call. Not taking away what a great player he has been but they had his measure and Mont will need a different look if they were to cause a boil over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are 2 x Gillards. Coburg VFL and the Knights - the one with stats above may be the VFL Gillard who has done well in both finals. Same with Doyle, I checked and there is a reserves Doyle, also a Knights one, who is the one coming into senior side.

Mont by 22.

Unfortunately Fitzgerald struggled against Bergs. 100% coach has made the right call. Not taking away what a great player he has been but they had his measure and Mont will need a different look if they were to cause a boil over.
Time will tell, as I don't think any Mont forwards have really excelled in the finals this year?

Looking at both results... Fitzgerald has been up there with all the other forwards regarding goals.

Your boy Solomon was in good form last weekend. Vinnie obviously has a lot of faith in him being a 6 pointer. Is he worth 2 blokes?
I'd back Vinnie in, one of the best local coaches I've seen - no doubt the kid can play, also helps as he can chuck him up forward, in the guts or behind the footy for some run and carry.

Think Vinnie has shown he has faith in him thus far.

There are 2 x Gillards. Coburg VFL and the Knights - the one with stats above may be the VFL Gillard who has done well in both finals. Same with Doyle, I checked and there is a reserves Doyle, also a Knights one, who is the one coming into senior side.

Mont by 22.

Ahh, that makes sense then. I stand corrected. Still big calls but big calls can win games.

From a reliable source;

In what can only be described as one of the great toys out of the cot moments, Andrew Stellas has thrown an all time tantrum post selection last night. The second dummy spit in two weeks down at the slime pit.
Stellas has demanded Hyde make a late change and swap him for club leading goal kicker Brody Glenn, "I don't care how many goals he's kicked this year if you combine my last 5 and a half seasons I have him covered".
If no late change is made don't expect to see Stellas run out at 12. Has no interest in "lowering himself to that".
Expect to see Stellas follow former coach and good friend saade ghazi out to Point Cook in 2025 in an attempt to prolong his career.

From a reliable source;

In what can only be described as one of the great toys out of the cot moments, Andrew Stellas has thrown an all time tantrum post selection last night. The second dummy spit in two weeks down at the slime pit.
Stellas has demanded Hyde make a late change and swap him for club leading goal kicker Brody Glenn, "I don't care how many goals he's kicked this year if you combine my last 5 and a half seasons I have him covered".
If no late change is made don't expect to see Stellas run out at 12. Has no interest in "lowering himself to that".
Expect to see Stellas follow former coach and good friend saade ghazi out to Point Cook in 2025 in an attempt to prolong his career.

Juicy

From a reliable source;

Hopefully Boro survive.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back