NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Diamond Valley has had some some legends such as Easton and Robbo I reckon Vinny takes the title.
Is it 2 or 3 ? playing at Lalor
2 playing at Bundoora and 2 coaching Bundoora
2 or 3 flags now at Bergs?
Close to 10 top grade flags
Well done Vinny

Diamond Valley has had some some legends such as Easton and Robbo I reckon Vinny takes the title.
Is it 2 or 3 ? playing at Lalor
2 playing at Bundoora and 2 coaching Bundoora
2 or 3 flags now at Bergs?
Close to 10 top grade flags
Well done Vinny
Great achievement would have to be great discussion he certainly has the runs on the board .

Don’t put all VFL players in the same basket. Some are there assisting their local team on game days they are not playing, go to every training night they can , some have played over 200 games for their local club … why shouldn’t their club benefit from them playing if able? Their clubs and their club coaches are the ones who played a huge part in developing them as footballers. They should be able to reap the benefits if they are available and qualified to play. There will always be hard luck stories on grand final days . A coach should be able to play his best side.

I’m really not. I’ve played at one of the GF clubs from Div 1 in the last 10 years. When finals rolls around and the VFL boys come rolling in, guys I haven’t seen attend a training session for the entire season, it’s deflating. Playing against sides that become stacked full of players I’ve never seen before.

The cases you are putting forward do exist, and those players are great don’t get me wrong, but in all honesty are extremely rare.

I’m really not. I’ve played at one of the GF clubs from Div 1 in the last 10 years. When finals rolls around and the VFL boys come rolling in, guys I haven’t seen attend a training session for the entire season, it’s deflating. Playing against sides that become stacked full of players I’ve never seen before.

The cases you are putting forward do exist, and those players are great don’t get me wrong, but in all honesty are extremely rare.
Make them play 5-6 games not 3.

Good to see Sam Gimore in his Heidelberg gear on Saturday. No doubt he will be a welcomed addition next year along with Josh Minogue and Tom Schnerring. I found it interesting Heidelberg supporters seemed more vocal during the reserves game, with particular attention paid to no. 96. Anyone know why?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back