NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

At the end of the day, the league is entitled to take this stance. It’s there product and like all brands want to control there image and narrative. The use of club logos and images are property of the league when they sign up each year.

What should and needs to happen is the league endorses the show by coming together the guys to create a guideline of content. The league would be unhappy about all the opinion pieces around points and salary cap and would want the ability to prevent these opinion being expressed causing greater unrest among club committee and executives.

The flip side is the league will be also be wanting to use the platform to generate greater exposure for sponsorship and increased revenue, if so then the opportunity to pay the guys will present a more professional product in time.

The show is great and the guys are doing great job and there is room for it to exist assuming the parties come together to establish some content guidelines.

At the end of the day, the league is entitled to take this stance. It’s there product and like all brands want to control there image and narrative. The use of club logos and images are property of the league when they sign up each year.

What should and needs to happen is the league endorses the show by coming together the guys to create a guideline of content. The league would be unhappy about all the opinion pieces around points and salary cap and would want the ability to prevent these opinion being expressed causing greater unrest among club committee and executives.

The flip side is the league will be also be wanting to use the platform to generate greater exposure for sponsorship and increased revenue, if so then the opportunity to pay the guys will present a more professional product in time.

The show is great and the guys are doing great job and there is room for it to exist assuming the parties come together to establish some content guidelines.
Havent they already had 1 crack at them by saying they cant be called a certain name when they started? Just shows they dont like the fact that the guys are doing a lot better job than them and they dont like It.

Stillman sounds like he would be fun at parties.

Agree with rusted nuts, NFNL does need to protect its brand like all businesses, but this seems like a huge failure when they could look at its success and work with TNFS.

Did not think I would see social media overreach like this.....we can't stop them so we will fine clubs who talk to them.....which all they tried to do was promote the league, clubs and clubs' sponsors.

Very weird reaction to something that could have been a positive and worthwhile venture but if HQs is not getting some $$ out if it I suppose it's easier to ban.....

Stillman sounds like he would be fun at parties.

Agree with rusted nuts, NFNL does need to protect its brand like all businesses, but this seems like a huge failure when they could look at its success and work with TNFS.

Did not think I would see social media overreach like this.....we can't stop them so we will fine clubs who talk to them.....which all they tried to do was promote the league, clubs and clubs' sponsors.

Very weird reaction to something that could have been a positive and worthwhile venture but if HQs is not getting some $$ out if it I suppose it's easier to ban.....
Well said Denny, its just going to backfire on them de to their arrogance.

From TNFS facebook page

Statement Regarding The Northern Footy Show
Dear Followers, Fan and Supporters,
It is with great sadness that we announce the immediate end of The Northern Footy Show.
As volunteers, we have faced numerous challenges, and despite our passion and dedication, we no longer have the strength to continue against the forces working against us.
For those who know us well, this show was born from our deep love for footy and a desire to bring some joy back to the game we’ve played and cherished. It was also a personal journey to reconnect with the camaraderie of football, something that helped with a personal mental health challenge of missing what footy has given us. However, after facing one barrier after another and with changes in the league’s social media policy this week, it has become clear that TNFS is not a volunteer effort that is valued or wanted.
While this outcome is incredibly painful, we are proud of what we have accomplished. In less than a year, we built a community of 4,900 followers across three platforms, accumulated over 2 million views, and helped bring players, clubs, families, and friends together. Our mission was always clear—we provided everything free of charge, with no bank accounts or business interests involved—just a genuine love for local footy.
This off-season so far, we had worked hard to secure sponsorships for a footy record that would have cost clubs nothing and put over $20,000 directly into their pockets. Unfortunately, that will no longer happen. We had planned even more interviews to promote clubs and their sponsors, and even introduced coverage for Super Rules footy in 2025. We had also organised a season-opening event to raise significant funds for a club that needed it. Regrettably, all of these initiatives, along with our weekly shows, have been canceled immediately. We will not put any club in a difficult position by seeking further support, as their well-being is our top priority.
To everyone who has supported us, reached out since the release of the new social media policy, or offered help—thank you. We appreciate each and every one of you however we have decided to end the insane pressue & stress it is causing me from today.
The page will remain active for the next 28 days to allow everyone time to see this message. I have turned the comments off here on the post. I simply thumbs up emoji is more than enough for us.
To Matthew, Kirra, Olivia, Kevin, Jamie, Jessica thanks you so much. I will miss out laughter and banter so much.
From the volunteer team at The Northern Footy Show, this is our final sign-off. It was simply to emotional to do a video. We wish you all the best.
Darin Compt

That's all she wrote.

From TNFS facebook page

It is with great sadness that we announce the immediate end of The Northern Footy Show.
As volunteers, we have faced numerous challenges, and despite our passion and dedication, we no longer have the strength to continue against the forces working against us.
For those who know us well, this show was born from our deep love for footy and a desire to bring some joy back to the game we’ve played and cherished. It was also a personal journey to reconnect with the camaraderie of football, something that helped with a personal mental health challenge of missing what footy has given us. However, after facing one barrier after another and with changes in the league’s social media policy this week, it has become clear that TNFS is not a volunteer effort that is valued or wanted.
While this outcome is incredibly painful, we are proud of what we have accomplished. In less than a year, we built a community of 4,900 followers across three platforms, accumulated over 2 million views, and helped bring players, clubs, families, and friends together. Our mission was always clear—we provided everything free of charge, with no bank accounts or business interests involved—just a genuine love for local footy.
This off-season so far, we had worked hard to secure sponsorships for a footy record that would have cost clubs nothing and put over $20,000 directly into their pockets. Unfortunately, that will no longer happen. We had planned even more interviews to promote clubs and their sponsors, and even introduced coverage for Super Rules footy in 2025. We had also organised a season-opening event to raise significant funds for a club that needed it. Regrettably, all of these initiatives, along with our weekly shows, have been canceled immediately. We will not put any club in a difficult position by seeking further support, as their well-being is our top priority.
To everyone who has supported us, reached out since the release of the new social media policy, or offered help—thank you. We appreciate each and every one of you however we have decided to end the insane pressue & stress it is causing me from today.
The page will remain active for the next 28 days to allow everyone time to see this message. I have turned the comments off here on the post. I simply thumbs up emoji is more than enough for us.
To Matthew, Kirra, Olivia, Kevin, Jamie, Jessica thanks you so much. I will miss out laughter and banter so much.
From the volunteer team at The Northern Footy Show, this is our final sign-off. It was simply to emotional to do a video. We wish you all the best.
Darin Compt

That's all she wrote.

How sad :(

From TNFS facebook page

Darin Compt

That's all she wrote.
That is an absolute disgraceful move by the NFNL . Im sure this could gain momemtum outside of this league. Well done to them on a fantastic idea and kept all NFNL / DVFL folllowers up to day , something this league cant do . It seems to all be about $$$$$ . Lets hope this arraogance comes back to hit them Hard, Which I am sure it will.

From TNFS facebook page

Darin Compt

That's all she wrote.
They should turn the comments on and see the reaction from the hundreds of people that want what they are offering / giving.

Not with the sledgehammer approach mate & I can tell you some of the Board probably have no idea what they are signing off on. There was little in content that TNFS could be accused of in their first year however Stillman has a personal agenda to remove & the issue of licencing, salary caps etc. the committee who have no connection with it I can say does not get discussed bar a few that are involved with it.

No they have gone too far on this & clubs should have the opportunity to make a stand & be as 1 to have this removed. By the way I don't know the TNFS people personally & look at this from a distance.

Not with the sledgehammer approach mate & I can tell you some of the Board probably have no idea what they are signing off on. There was little in content that TNFS could be accused of in their first year however Stillman has a personal agenda to remove & the issue of licencing, salary caps etc. the committee who have no connection with it I can say does not get discussed bar a few that are involved with it.

No they have gone too far on this & clubs should have the opportunity to make a stand & be as 1 to have this removed. By the way I don't know the TNFS people personally & look at this from a distance.
Stillman hates the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get your point but the show was harmless.

It wasn’t “which club has the hottest female footballers” or “who’s the skulling legend for your club “

The NFNL have full time media staff, why aren’t we seeing more of this style content?

Valley Viscous is 1000x times worse and still going

I get your point but the show was harmless.

It wasn’t “which club has the hottest female footballers” or “who’s the skulling legend for your club “

The NFNL have full time media staff, why aren’t we seeing more of this style content?

Valley Viscous is 1000x times worse and still going
It’s not their product is the players and the clubs product.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back