NFNL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So clearances open up again tomorrow. Are there going to be any surprise comings or goings we dont know about?
My early ladder prediction:
Macleod
Greensborough
West Preston
North Heidelberg
Northcote Park
Bundoora
Heidelberg
Hurstbridge
Montmorency
Lower Plenty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So clearances open up again tomorrow. Are there going to be any surprise comings or goings we dont know about?
Macleod
Greensborough
West Preston
North Heidelberg
Northcote Park
Bundoora
Heidelberg
Hurstbridge
Montmorency
Lower Plenty

Gees I wouldn't have put Montmorency down near the bottom. I will hold off on my ladder predictor, but I think the bottom 2 will be Lower Plenty and Hurstbridge.

I'm also hearing that Northcote Park will struggle with numbers for U/19's and may not field a team. Can anyone shed some light on this ?

Macleod
Greensborough
West Preston
North Heidelberg
Northcote Park
Bundoora
Heidelberg
Hurstbridge
Montmorency
Lower Plenty

Greensborough
Macleod
West Preston
Northcote Park
Bundoora
Mont
NH
Heidelberg
Hurst
LP

Gees I wouldn't have put Montmorency down near the bottom. I will hold off on my ladder predictor, but I think the bottom 2 will be Lower Plenty and Hurstbridge.

I'm also hearing that Northcote Park will struggle with numbers for U/19's and may not field a team. Can anyone shed some light on this ?
I agree with Mont that low. Haven’t they lost White, Potter, Collins, Fennell and Kennedy? And I can’t see any recruits at this stage?

Last edited:
Really? hes been out coached in the last 2 grand finals, when he clearly had the best team on the park. Time will tell!
He also inherited a list full of blokes who have played together from the start right in their sweet spot. Not saying he can't coach at all, but the messiah status from some he carries I sometimes find a bit hard to buy.

He also inherited a list full of blokes who have played together from the start right in their sweet spot. Not saying he can't coach at all, but the messiah status from some he carries I sometimes find a bit hard to buy.
This year will be the Test, very wise move by Monty to recruite him. He brings the best out in people.

You dont think he was out coached?
No, in the last 2 Grand Finals Macleod lost because both Bundoora and West Preston had dominant Ruckman, also both games were very close and could have gone either way, having a decent Ruckman is an area where MacLeod have been lacking. The coach can ask for one but it is generally up to the club to come up with the money to get one. I think he did well with what he had.
The same happened to Eltham last year when Patty Flynn dominated. If a club wants to win a Grand Final at Preston they need to have the right Big Men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back