NFNL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoted from roosterslife in the old thread

Gee I hope not. Brent Marshall is my favourite player at the Bulls. This won’t be good for them. Feel like their era is starting to end, this will accelerate it further. Won’t be surprised if they’re at risk of relegation next year sadly.
Relegation? Even if they didnt replace any players they would thump lower and im sure with all the points they loose they will be recruiting hard. Very early to say a team that plays finals every year and is the most sucessfull club this decade are looking at relegation.

Relegation? Even if they didnt replace any players they would thump lower and im sure with all the points they loose they will be recruiting hard. Very early to say a team that plays finals every year and is the most sucessfull club this decade are looking at relegation.
I’m just saying, even as a half Bundoora half North Heidelberg fan. I forget that only last goes down. But I just don’t think they’ll be competitive especially since they only came fifth this year, and with so many players out the door, let’s just say it going to be a struggle.

I’m just saying, even as a half Bundoora half North Heidelberg fan. I forget that only last goes down. But I just don’t think they’ll be competitive especially since they only came fifth this year, and with so many players out the door, let’s just say it going to be a struggle.
Actually finished fourth ONE game behind second. Had a horror yeah with injuries. Would be waiting to see who actually leaves and who the pick up before i put them on struggle street.

Will never happen, the club is too well run for them to gown down to Div 2. They will have plenty of recruits lined up to fill the void.

Coaching options must be lean with Mario Bandera signing at Ivanhoe.

They’d have been better off putting all the players names in a hat and picking a coach at random.

Quoted from roosterslife in the old thread

Gee I hope not. Brent Marshall is my favourite player at the Bulls. This won’t be good for them. Feel like their era is starting to end, this will accelerate it further. Won’t be surprised if they’re at risk of relegation next year sadly.
Where is Marshall going to play????

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

North added another tall to their list. Bloke from NSW called Jason Sincock. Looks like he’s a Ruckman type who played Sydney Ressies.

North added another tall to their list. Bloke from NSW called Jason Sincock. Looks like he’s a Ruckman type who played Sydney Ressies.
Him and Florance rotating in the ruck is a dangerous prospect. They've signed a Tassy rep player as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here we go North are signing another 4-5 top end players. Must have an allowance of 55 points next year or they must be losing a few.

Tbf, they played the prelim with 45/47 points, nine blokes greater than 1 point. Given those 9 would lose a point if they play next year that gives them 11 points to play with. If Baddely-Kelly and Hunt are back off to the VFL thats a further 7 points open when they're at VFL.

FWIW West Preston played the prelim with 46/47 points, and the Grand Final with 42/47 points.

Tbf, they played the prelim with 45/47 points, nine blokes greater than 1 point. Given those 9 would lose a point if they play next year that gives them 11 points to play with. If Baddely-Kelly and Hunt are back off to the VFL thats a further 7 points open when they're at VFL.

FWIW West Preston played the prelim with 46/47 points, and the Grand Final with 42/47 points.

Hunt is a 5 and Kelly is a 4? That’s 9?

And I think you’ll find Kelly is only committed a preseason for VFL nothing more than that.

Thats my point, if baddley-kelly and hunt are gone then all good. You just hope they dont have someoene who is in there best side playing in there 2's next year again. Im a massive rap for North, i just hope they arent topping up without bringing a fair few young kids through. You look at the likes of Bundoora, Macleod and Greensy. Who all had alot of kids which developed into a great side. Just dont want them once the harveys are finished in the next couple of years to go into freefall. The NFL is a better comp with them playing Div1.

Thats my point, if baddley-kelly and hunt are gone then all good. You just hope they dont have someoene who is in there best side playing in there 2's next year again. Im a massive rap for North, i just hope they arent topping up without bringing a fair few young kids through. You look at the likes of Bundoora, Macleod and Greensy. Who all had alot of kids which developed into a great side. Just dont want them once the harveys are finished in the next couple of years to go into freefall. The NFL is a better comp with them playing Div1.

The juniors at North aren’t 1 pointers unlike those clubs. This is a common misconception amongst most. North saracfised the last 6-8 spots last year to speed the reduction of points by playing the kids in the reserves.

Did I say that did I? They played them to take point reductions. North does not have a kid under 21 at the club that is less than 1 point except for Liam McLoed & Kyle Green who played seniors? The rest are all 3 pointers.
Just had a look at your reserves team from the last game of the year and 95% of those players would be 1 point. Nearly all of them came from your u/19s and reserves the previous 2-3 years. Which by the way is brilliant and hopefully some of them go onto become senior players. But your reduction theory is absolutely not true, they are just simply reserves players. Not a bad thing at all, hopefully keep all them and they improve.

Just had a look at your reserves team from the last game of the year and 95% of those players would be 1 point. Nearly all of them came from your u/19s and reserves the previous 2-3 years. Which by the way is brilliant and hopefully some of them go onto become senior players. But your reduction theory is absolutely not true, they are just simply reserves players. Not a bad thing at all, hopefully keep all them and they improve.

Really... care to tell me who you believe are the one pointers you speak of? Playing 19’s games do not take point reductions of players and this concept was only introduced last year. I can tell you that only 2 players in the reserves in the last home and away game against Bundoora were 1 pointers in Michael Shaw & Derek Hayes.

And the reduction this is very true mate, reserves classify as years of service and senior games unlike 19’s games.

Really... care to tell me who you believe are the one pointers you speak of? Playing 19’s games do not take point reductions of players and this concept was only introduced last year. I can tell you that only 2 players in the reserves in the last home and away game against Bundoora were 1 pointers in Michael Shaw & Derek Hayes.

And the reduction this is very true mate, reserves classify as years of service and senior games unlike 19’s games.
Sorry you are right there is a fair few 3 pointers, only because they have come from another u/17 side. Its not like they were playing 2's to reduce points for the next year, they were simply just 2's players, thats why they finished near bottom. And i did count about 8-10 players on 1 pointers. Not that it matters, as i said im a big wrap for north and hopefully they recruit well and smartly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back