NFNL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that the Borough were wrapped to win in week 2 and have a weeks rest before the grand final. Allowed some players to recover from minor injuries.
The weeks rest had no impact on their loss. They were beaten by a better side on the day.
My club Mont are chasing some big local names. Watch this space.

Might be chasing local talent but might lose a few more of the home grown kids who are being over looked. Watch this space!!

Interesting to see Barry Mitchell cut ties with Old Scotch after taking them to a Grand Final. He quotes that it was a mutual agreement. Lock him in for Northcote Park. This was the rumour going around the First week of Div 1 finals. Good luck to him. I did hear he and only hear that he was confirmed quite a while ago. Anyone else hear this?

Might be chasing local talent but might lose a few more of the home grown kids who are being over looked. Watch this space!!

They do have points to play with so it would be expected they chase a few names. On the home growns would be interesting with Garry renowned for looking after the home grown lads at the Clubs he has coached, from what I hear he has them all wrapped up and keen for their future at Mont.

Interesting to see Barry Mitchell cut ties with Old Scotch after taking them to a Grand Final. He quotes that it was a mutual agreement. Lock him in for Northcote Park. This was the rumour going around the First week of Div 1 finals. Good luck to him. I did hear he and only hear that he was confirmed quite a while ago. Anyone else hear this?
Yep, he’s been appointed according to one of the 2019 NP assistants I spoke too

It is with great pleasure that the North Heidelberg Sporting Club announces the appointment of Jason Heatley as the club’s senior coach for the next two seasons.
Jason brings a wealth of knowledge & experience to the role having coached at various clubs after a successful playing career at AFL level with initially West Coast before plying his trade at St Kilda.
His local playing career included seasons as a century goal kicker with North Heidelberg in 1992 & 2001 (senior coach) as well as being a member of the Division 1 premiership side in 2005.
Post playing, Jason to date has a successful coaching history with time at Warrnambool & Wantirna South before returning to the NFNL & coaching Northcote Park between seasons 2012-2014 & saluting with a premiership in his first year. In the same season he was named Northern Region Coach of the year.
In recent years a further premiership followed with Heidelberg in season 2016 where he had the position of co-coach before accepting a role with Doncaster in the Eastern Football League.
We believe it is an exciting time for the club as we look to make our mark in Division 1 of the premier community competition in the state. Having a person of Jason's calibre & the credentials is further testament to the progress the club has made since our return to the top division over the last two seasons.
At the same time the NHSC extends a big thank you in appreciation to Brent Harvey for his terrific contribution as senior coach where he stepped up to the role at short notice late in pre-season. The great work by Boomer & his coaching team ensured we consolidated our position where we finished a creditable third in 2019 after the continued improvement & development of our playing list. We can confirm that Boomer will still be running around in a Doggies jumper in 2020.
Massive win for North with this appointment. Heard there was some disappointment with Boomers approach ( my way or the highway style ) but hopefully there will be enough cash to ensure the Harveys keep playing for the enjoyment of the league

I’m hearing we may have seen our last Div 1 final at PCO. League is moving to La Trobe University where the new grand stand is. Prob where finals will be played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best club this decade????
Bundoora 3 premiership and 3 reserves premiership
West Preston 3 premiership and 2 reserve premiership.

Thoughts?

Let’s bloody hope so!!!!

La Trobe University will become the home of the Northern Football Netball League under a new long-term partnership between the two organisations.
As part of the agreement, La Trobe University will become the naming rights partner of the NFNL for at least the next 20 years.
The NFNL will relocate its headquarters to operate from the state-of-the-art La Trobe Sport Stadium within the La Trobe Sports Park at the University’s Bundoora campus.
In addition to the dedicated world class office space, the NFNL will have use of boardrooms, meeting rooms and function facilities to support its business operations, as well as shared staff amenities.
The NFNL will also have access to six indoor netball courts in the La Trobe Sports Stadium, which will open in early 2020, and will utilise the Tony Sheehan Oval – which will become a host venue for NFNL football finals and a training facility for representative teams.
NFNL Chief Executive Officer Peter McDougall said the partnership marked an exciting new era between the NFNL and La Trobe University.
“The NFNL is delighted to be aligned to La Trobe University,” Mr McDougall said.
“The relocation of the NFNL headquarters to the newly-developed La Trobe University Sports Park secures the long-term future of the NFNL administration base, as well as securing access to the new football oval and netball stadium.
“La Trobe University will become the home of NFNL football and netball, and to be aligned with such a fantastic partner will assist the NFNL to continue to grow both codes throughout the northern metropolitan region of Melbourne.
“I look forward to working with La Trobe University on many collaborative initiatives which will provide great support and benefits to NFNL clubs and the wider community.”
Dean and Head of La Trobe University’s School of Allied Health, Human Services and Sport, Professor Russell Hoye, said the University is thrilled to be the new home for the NFNL.
“La Trobe University is thrilled to be the home for the NFNL for the next 20 years and help the league improve its operations and reach with the community in Melbourne’s north,” Professor Hoye said.
“This partnership provides great benefits for La Trobe students to improve their employability skills and gain valuable work experience in the growing sport industry.
“The NFNL is the first tenant to officially join the La Trobe Sports Park and become part of our sporting community that includes our 26 La Trobe University Sport clubs, and our major sport partners Carlton Football Club, Melbourne City FC and the Melbourne Rebels.”
Under the agreement, up to 20 La Trobe University sport management and sport media students will have access to exclusive work integrated learning opportunities across all areas of the league each year.
The NFNL and La Trobe University will collaborate on research projects focused on community sport participation, injury prevention and wellbeing.
La Trobe University and the NFNL will also collaborate on future programs to enhance the experience of participants in football and netball across Melbourne’s north.
The NFNL’s relocation to the La Trobe Sports Park is expected to take place in January 2020. An official date will be confirmed once works on the Sport Stadium have been completed.

I’m hearing we may have seen our last Div 1 final at PCO. League is moving to La Trobe University where the new grand stand is. Prob where finals will be played.

I was told about this last week. The likelihood is that La Trobe will be used for Div 3 and Women's Grand Finals. As for Div 1 and Div 2 not sure but think they remain at Preston. Only one way to find out I guess

I was told about this last week. The likelihood is that La Trobe will be used for Div 3 and Women's Grand Finals. As for Div 1 and Div 2 not sure but think they remain at Preston. Only one way to find out I guess
Why would they not hold division 1 finals. surely? It’s the best facility anywhere. Totally central, insane oval,
Amazing lights, huge parking and I’d say NFNL could make a tonne of money

Why would they not hold division 1 finals. surely? It’s the best facility anywhere. Totally central, insane oval,
Amazing lights, huge parking and I’d say NFNL could make a tonne of money
Yeh I think it would just be the agreement or contract they have with Preston that would hold them back. Otherwise it’s a no brainer!

I wonder if Greensborough will look at picking anyone up, or if any of them are moving on. I think Charlie Molyneux is leaving but could be mistaken. With a season like that, they'll probably roll the dice and have another go. Tristan Stead will probably be back as well

Nah I reckon div 1 will be there. Better ground, spectator
Yeh I think it would just be the agreement or contract they have with Preston that would hold them back. Otherwise it’s a no brainer!

Div 1 finals will be at La Trobe. No agreement anymore with Preston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back